You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ann's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ann's House

 

In 1978, my parents bought a 30 year old house which was originally owned by an actress who's full name I will not reveal, Ann was her first name... She was famous in the 30' through 50's era. Anyway, I was born in 1979 and from an early age I remember a few instances where I was spooked.

My first odd experience occurred one normal night when I was about 4 or 5 years old. For some reason I awoke and got out of bed. I heard something in the kitchen which was directly down the hallway from my doorway. It was very late or early in the morning. When I peered down the hallway I saw a rabbit on our kitchen counter; its eyes were bright and its body was almost see through - like a projection. I was scared and tired, so I ran across the hallway to my older sisters room and slept there the rest of the night. Sure enough nobody believed me the next day. Over the next few years I always heard noises in my closet and cupboards in my bedroom. And all the while living there I always heard shuffling and pounding in a large walk in safe in the downstairs part of our house. In the ten year span living there I always felt like I was being watched, and I would never go inside the house unless my parents or someone else was with me. When I got off the school bus, I would wait outside until my mom got home. It was not until my mother told me a few things that she probably would not have revealed had she known how I would react. I overheard my mother talking to my aunt about how the previous owner told her that an actor, by the name of Ann "blank", had built the house. Even more interesting, the previous owners laughingly said they would occasionally see her walking down the halls. Once, my mother even admitted to me that she was home alone reading in the living room when she felt someone touch her on the shoulder, it was a comforting gesture but scared her when she turned and saw no one around. I was scared of that house.

When I was about 12 we moved to a house my Dad built, same city but miles away from the old house. The first night staying there I remember waking and looking out my bedroom window to see a white figure running down the lonesome road at a swift and graceful pace. Also, my beloved dog was in my sight and he ran from the object with tail in between legs... not typical, this dog was a butt kicking machine. It was weird but I was able to fall back asleep, next day nobody took me seriously. The last incident happened shortly after, I remember just laying down in my bed, it was a matter of seconds before I saw this woman hovering over me and she did not speak but it was like she said "I have followed you". I layed there paralyzed but managed to say "GET OUT, LEAVE ME ALONE". And ever since I have been totally ghost free, knock on wood. Long, maybe boring story for you guys, but real to me, too real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

LoneDruid (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Offcourse it was not boring! If I would have been in your place when you heard noises from kitchen I would never would have gone there lonely. ๐Ÿ˜œ
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
At least you know the ghost of the actress was friendly. If I were you I would do more research on the actress specifically how she died.
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Honestly I searched for 50's actresses and I found a actress named Ann but I would'nt say the whole name because i'm not sure if that actress is the one you're referring to.

โค MaryAnne
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Maybe that actress likes to talk to you or wants to be your friend

โคMaryAnne
Tefts (1 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Rabbits and owls are used as screen memories in alien abductions. You never know.
Kavya (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
This is a really great story, thank you for sharing it with us. It's really the most interesting true story I have ever read yet. ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-01)
Thank you, Kevin, for sharing this story with us (even though you will not divulge the actress' name ๐Ÿ˜Š), but actually, I think that adds to the story. The running woman peaks my curiosity. Was this the same woman who was hovering over your bed? And if so, do you recognize her?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Thank you for sharing the story. I enjoyed it very much, I always seem to enjoy the ones that have some history with the hiuse and you can sort of oicture in your mind what is occuring, your story as like that.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi kevin that is really interesting. My house is haunted I know when a ghost is near because
I feel like I'm being watched and I get cold all of a sudden. It can affect you so much that something creepy and scary has happened to you. I'm not scared no more I see ghosts and I'm used to them. What scares me is when they run into me that has happened once. Yes that saying does get rid of them the word LEAVE ME ALONE DOES. Actually I think they leave the house or stay out of your way. Last week I heard a girl's voice a little girl's voice and then she banged. I have seen 3 ghosts which haven't spoke. I shouted at one of them for running into me. Anyway I enjoyed reading your story. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
Hi Kevin. I have often heard and experienced animals that have reactions to spirits. I wonder if she liked your family and so moved on with you? I'm glad she was benign and not hostile towards you and your family.
meowmix (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
mabey she didn't have a child and wanted you. well allso what was the object between the dogs tail?
lucy (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-15)
gosh!!!i had goosebumps reading this one..it's really intersting!!!
danuthaiduc@gmail.com (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-13)
You know, what if she was in love with you?
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
18 years ago (2006-09-06)
Hi Kevin. Thanks for the story, it was quite enjoyable (maybe more for us than you, hehe). That part with the woman hovering on top is quite creepy. I hope you had anti-ghosts blankets :P

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: