You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted House Or Am I Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted House Or Am I Haunted?

 

This is my first story on here and I'm starting with the most interesting and meaningful for me. A bit of background to start off with. I live in Essex in England and have done so my whole life. Throughout my life I've lived in two haunted houses and stayed in a haunted hotel. So I've had three supernatural experiences. The story I'm about to share with you is about my current house and this is the longest paranormal experience I've had, and also the most memorable for me, so I'm writing it first.

In 2006 my parents split up which caused me, my brother and my Mum to move to this house I currently live in. The first year and a half were fine and nothing happened. Life just went on normally until one day in late 2007.

I was home alone - the time I find myself most prone to feeling eerie, but doesn't everyone? I was home alone and I went to the toilet. I'm used to closing the door and I did so. There was knocking at the door which made me feel insecure, so I started swearing at the person doing it to stop it and get out of my house. Nothing happened and the knocking continued. I finished doing my business and opened the door, but to my own horror nobody was there. I searched every room, hallway and floor of the house and nobody was inside. Every window and door was locked. This made me feel sad and angry because I thought that after we moved that I could finally have a break from the paranormal, but how wrong I was.

This was only the first in much more strange things happening. The knocking continued, not just to me but to my Mum and my Brother as well, even though it is quite infrequent and rarely happens. The growing sense of someone watching me grew until I could feel a person in my doorway. Sometimes I could feel someone in touching distance. This never went away and still happens. Occasionally sitting in my room I would feel a chill on my arm like someone was standing next to me taking an interest in what I was doing. It was like they were interested in me.

The experiences which were the happiest and weirdest two experiences I've had happened about a month ago. The weirdest experience and the one that kind of scared me was when I was watching the television. From where I sit I can see out of my back door. I turned around and there was a white out line walking past my door. It didn't turn to look at me, it just kept going and I turned to look out of the patio door but it was gone.

The happy experience was when I was standing in the kitchen giving my Mum a plate. The garage window has frosted glass on it and you can see it from the kitchen. I saw this white figure in it. I stopped what I was doing and I froze. We stared at each other for about three or four seconds but they felt like minutes. I felt that I had seen the person before but I couldn't place him anywhere. It was a man. My Mum said something and I blinked and he went.

So they are my experiences. I will write about my other two later on. I have got to grips with the feeling that it may not be the house after all and that it maybe be us. My Mum's dad died when I was one, so it may be him who was the white outline taking a watchful eye.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to comment them.

Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Your updates, and the answers to the commenter's really helped this story out, Dan. Thank you.
I would suggest to you, that there IS someone there who is interested in what you do. They have been watching your struggle, and have seen the results of your hard work, and they are HAPPY for you. They DO NOT want to interfere, or else they would have made there presence more known to you. Those are just my feelings on this, for what it is worth.
As for your house being built on a gateway. Yes, that is possible, but I feel that if it WERE, you would have a LOT more activity. A gateway is just that, a gate way. ANYONE can come through it, and at whatever intervals they so choose. As you appear to only have a few instances, I would HAVE to say that this is not the case for you.
I feel that you are sensitive, and sensitivity brings visitors. They seem to sense it and who does not want to be acknowledged at one point or another? I feel that your white lined visitor is someone you know, and they are wanting you to feel comfortable before fully manifesting. It is kind of their "safety net".
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Is a 'gateway between two dimensions' possible? Oh, yes. More than possible although something tells me these spirits or ghosts are not simply passing by or visiting. To 'be proud' of someone implies some sort of bond-one which is not created during passing by energies. It involves a kind of connection to the place and to the people who reside in the house. To have feelings about someone means to observe his/her life, to be a constant witness to their achievements or misfortunes, to be an active or silent participant.

With all due respect, I don't think your energies are simply travelling through your space.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Okay Sorry about that Dan, I am glad it made you feel happy. I was just confused. As for you saying it told you well done and that they were happy for you I think it is your grandpa and maybe some of your other relatives. Still a great story. 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi Dan. Your first story was most interesting to read. Maybe it is your grandfather checking up on you for visits to make sure you are okay. Since you were a child when he passed on, he could want to visit and see his "grandchild" since he didn't have that experience on this earth. Just a thought. Take care of yourself and hope to read more of your stories. Jude 😉
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Thanks to all for taking the time to read and comment your thoughts and advice have been a great help to me finding out what is going on.

Rhodes - Thanks a lot your thoughts put new ideas in my head and it seems a logical thing. I think you're very much right about the white outline being the strongest energy.

Chris - Thanks a lot for commenting as well. I definately think it's more than one spirit roaming my house. It's always likely it could be family and I recon that maybe someone there maybe linked to me somehow.

Also guys I spoke to someone else who I know regulaly who seems to know a lot and she told me she thought my house may have been built in a gateway between the 2 dimensions. Does anyone think this may be possible?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
After reading your update, I'm more inclined to believe it's intelligent haunting since meaningful communication was achieved. I don't necessarilly believe it's a family member but, instead, I think it's someone related to the house itself and now connected to you as well. To me it sounds like your residents have taken to you and not only accept your presence and sharing their dwelling with your family but are also supportive.

"We're all so proud of you" indicates quite clearly the presence of more than one energy but there seems to be a connection among them. The knockings, sounds, apparitions etc are manifestations of different energies who have more or less power to manifest-the white outline being the strongest one.He/she is the one who carries the (verbal) messages around.

Just my evaluation.
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Very nicely told, Dan. I had the good fortune to have been visited repeatedly by my departed grandfather and grew to understand that he was as curious about me as I was him.

It was especially touching that you heard the congratulatory vocalization after your exams. Congrats for placing well, BTW.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
haha. Well at least you were sitting in the right place when the first experience happened 😁
Sorry. Couldn't resist. Great story dude
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Wow DAn! Great story and it is a privalage to meet you. I think tonith is on the right track here. I to believe that you are a sencitive. You might not have had this ability before but now it is kicking in. I believe that the pleasent and un pleasent things in your hows are caused by more then one spirit. The pleasent feeling is caused by the family members. But the other feeling maybe caused by another spirit. But the guestion is who is this other spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my story and comment on your take on things. It's helped me open my eyes to other possibilities and not just those around me.

A small update -

Well yesterday I got my GCSE results and they were good. They got me to where I want to go and did some more as well. Last night I was lying in my bed thinking about it and how pleased I was that all that hard work payed off. I was just about to drift when something whispered in my ear.
"Well done, we're all so proud,"
Then the side of my face turned ice cold. Whether it was my Grandpa congratulating me or an intelligent spirit it still made me feel happy to hear the voice.

Brownie - When I say happy experience I mean it physically made me happy seeing it and put an actual smile on my face.

Tonith - I wuldn't say I'm going through changes now. I was adjusting to the situation on the year when nothing happened. Never the less thanks for the advice.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I would venture to say you are the one that is sensitive. Could you be producing the phenomenon? Possibly. When young people go through changes they can build up anger or resentment. Kind of like unleashing excess energy which can manifest into knockings, bangs or the sound of footsteps. This aside, you may just be sensitive and the conditions were right for you to see and hear those gone from this mortal coil. Don't know if it's a curse or gift. Guess it depends on how one views it. The less afraid you are the more you can understand what the entity may want or why it's there. You also don't know if it's residual or intelligent haunting but you would have to communicate with this entity to find that out. We have to get rid of the fear to be able to do that.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi, sounds like to me that it might be your grandpa, since you were only a year old when he passed, he might be ya'lls guardian angel watching over you and your mom, Making sure that you and your mom are alright. When you said that was your happiest experience, did you mean it made you feel happy when you saw it and that it looked like someone you thought you knew? So it definitely could be your grandpa. Good story and please post some more if you have more. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Dan, it's sometimes hard to tell if we are being haunted or it's the location we are in. Having more than one experience, and in more than one location, I would say it's a coin toss unless we are finally given some sign as to which it truly is. My dad saying hi, regardless of where I was, would be quite different than an encounter with a headless horseman on a night's walk. Wouldn't THAT be grand? Thank you for sharing your story!
AngelaListedMIA (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I would love to hear more about your other paranormal experiences.

Please do share!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: