You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Night In St. Louis

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Night In St. Louis

 

I was in St. Louis on a business trip installing some computers at our new building there and staying in this creepy hotel. I don't remember what one, but it was an older hotel and the name Raddison pops into my head. The place gave me the creeps from the moment I got there and I was just uneasy the whole time.

I woke up at two am and felt like someone was sitting on my back and I couldn't move. I've had episodes of sleep paralysis and been aware of not being able to move but all those times I couldn't open my eyes. This WASN'T sleep paralysis since I could see in the dim light of the room. I just couldn't move, like I was pinned to the bed. I saw my cell phone on my bed and for some reason that seemed logical at the time, if I called my mom I would be ok, so I kept trying to force my arms to reach for the phone.

After twenty minutes of this terrifying ordeal (remember my eyes were open so I could see the clock) I felt this cold chill shoot into my lower back and then work its way in both directions, towards my feet and head and then I could move. This was NOT sleep paralysis, this was something evil! I was there for four days and was glad to get back to Phoenix. I had never been so scared in my entire life. This happened about five years ago. If I could remember the exact hotel this happened in, I'd tell people to never go there EVER!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blackrabbit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Sorry its been so long since I've posted. Thanks for the comments. I still get a small chill when I think about that time.
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
I'm just glad you made it out of there O.K.! That's real creepy OMG man... 😨 😨 😨
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello, blackrabbit.
Just wondering, you were there for four days, did you ask the desk clerk for a transfer of rooms? My husband does extensive traveling for his job, as well, and he has been known to refuse the bed assigned to him as well.
What I would suggest to you is that hotels are one of the biggest places that people feel the paranormal. There are so many people there, in a variety of emotional states, and their energy just simply gets trapped.
What this experience feels like is just someone who laid down to rest. It may or may not have been conscious of you, it may or may not have been concerned that you were there. I just get the feel that this was a "freak" occurrence in which the entity was resting as it one had in this room, on that bed. As you were sharing that space, you felt its essence.
Thank you.
ariana1424 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I have episodes of hallucinatory sleep paralysis almost on a regular basis, and I can almost always see the room around me. Most of the time I'm just paralyzed, but sometimes the episodes are accompanied by visual and/or auditory hallucinations. True, I've never had an episode lasting more than 3 or 4 minutes because I can eventually wake myself up. And I've never felt any sort of cold sensation, or any sort of pressure like something was sitting on me. Weird and creepy...
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi blackrabbit. Sorry for your haunting experience. It sounds scary especially when you are probably on business and staying at a hotel! No sleep! I wouldn't go back if this happened to me either. Very chilling experience. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope to hear more from you. Take care of yourself, Jude 😊
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Blackrabbit,
I had the same thing happen when I was staying at a long term housing prior to going overseas for the military. Outwardly nice, but the place stank and had roaches everywhere. One night I was reading the Bram stoker Dracula which is actually alittle scary and went to bed (this probably opened my defenses). About three in the morning I awoke to something sitting on my face (funny as that sounds) making it very difficult to breath. In my mind I imagined almost by reflex pushing really lifting this weight off my head with my arms. I eventually by pushing threw it off. What makes it different than sleep paralysis which I never have had before or after is that I immediatly recognized that it was an outside force not my mind. I was pissed off and yelled out loud get out several times and it never happened again. Many call this the Sucubus syndrome.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hello blackrabbit. Whether it was SP, waking dream or an evil entity the fact remains that you had a terrifying experience. If I did much traveling I would pack the supplies to do a room cleansing so that I wouldn't have to go through that again. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
To JamesRobiscoe, it happened on the second night I was there. I remember on the first night walking down the hall on my floor and feeling this creepy feeling becuase it was so quiet and I kept thinking to myself "This sort of reminds me of the Shining". Then the thing happened on the second night. The rest of the trip I kept trying to ignore me bad feelings about the place while in my room. The last few nights I was there I kept waking up and feeling scared, it was just that second night I was unable to move.

I've never had any serious or even sightly serious helth problems and yeah 20 minutes is a long time. Trust me it was WAY too long lol.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hotels and motels contain so much history, all of which may never be known, even with research.

Considering what they are and what there benefit them to disclose some of the occurances in their rooms. Bad for business if you mention a demon type entity on the thrid floor and a residual haunting in the basement, don't you think?

I travel a bit for business also, and hotels freak me out as a rule.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
BlackRabbit--I can see you were clearly shaken by this episode. From your initial feeling of foreboding to the fact you still think of returning to investigate further, something beyond normal happened. I assume this occured on the last night of your stay. Twenty minutes is a very long time to be under such immobile terror, even in a sleep paralysis nightmare. I'm not being funny here, but have you had a physical checkup recently? It would be assuring to know you could dismiss THAT kind of warning. Let us hear of the other creepy incidents. Maybe they add up to a new realization about something.
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I wish I could remember the name of the place becuase it would be worth the time trying to find out the history of the place. I don't consider myself a medium or anything like that but I always seem to have a knack or feeling of knowing when a place is bad. That place was definately bad, bad vibes, bad feelings, it wasn't just my room it was the whole place. I just got this bad feeling when I pulled into the garage.

I did a search for Radisson and found the Hotel chain's home page and the logo looks like the one I remember from the paperwork. There are 4 other hotel chains owned by them so it could have been one of them as well but it was definately owned by Radisson and in St. Louis.

Waking dream is a possibility. I've had episode of sleep paralysis but never the scary kind that people talk about. Each time I've been fully awake in the mind but my body wouldn't move and I couldn't open my eyes but I could hear the TV or things outside. Before I found out what sleep paralysis was I always thought it was my body telling me to stay alseep longer lol. This was different though, I could seethe clock and move my eyes. I could see the light coming from the bathroom so that's why I was able to see my cell phone.

Why I thought calling my mom would help I have no idea lol, maybe just panic. I remember feeling something like someone was sitting on the small of my back and it felt very cold. I also had this feeling of shear terror. I've never felt that before or since even in other places I've felt as being bad, this one just felt horrifying. I've had a few other incidents with the paranormal I'll post about too, none as scary as this one but still creepy.

I wish I could remember the exact location of this place so I could go back or maybe investigate its history.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
You may not have had sleep paralysis but you could have had a waking dream. They can seem very real. Not saying this is your situation just saying it could be. We think we are awake but we are not really fully awake. Being that it was an old place you could very well have been in the presence of something that was present. Odd that you can't remember the name of it while you remember the event so well. Guess fear can do that. I would want to know the name and I would be going back with investigators. I think when someone has a brush with the paranormal it goes two ways. Either one tries to find out what happened or one wants to forget about it altogether. Do what is right for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: