You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Terrorizing Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Terrorizing Spirits

 

On July 26th, 2008, I lost my daddy unexpectedly - he was only 75 and died in his sleep. The funeral was held on August 1st in Texas where he lived. After his funeral, I came back home to Huntsville, Alabama.

To make sense of what I am about to explain, I question my daddy's death because no autopsy was done and the coroner based his final death determination on what my mother told detectives the night of his death. I also question comments/reactions made to me the night of his death and during the preparation of his funeral. The more I probed into finding out more info, the worse my visions appeared to me.

I was very devastated by my daddy's death and wanted to be alone on the eve of Sunday, August 3rd, so I decided to sit on my front porch. For a history of my house, my husband and I had it built on three acres and have been living in it for over a year now. I have never experienced any spirits or visions prior to my daddy's death before in that house.

As I was crying and staring out into the view, I decided to call my brother who lives in Florida to talk with him a bit. As I was talking to him, a blackish figure (like an image of a person) appeared to me by the entrance of my property (about a good 500 feet from me) and disappeared within seconds. I felt an eerie feeling from this and within seconds a second blackish figure appeared in the same area, but only shorter than the first.

I really had a scary feeling and when I hung up with my brother, I went into the house to tell my husband what I just saw. I explained to him that both were spirits and one seemed taller than the other. My husband believed me and told me that it was more than likely I saw ghosts. I shook it off and really didn't think anything about it.

Well, a few days past and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

My husband and daughter were at work, and my son was upstairs in his room. As I looked up into the next room, I saw a black tainted figure run across the room and into my bedroom. I literally heard the pitter patter of feet running across my wood floor as well as the sound you hear when walking on a crawl space. I froze and asked myself, what in the world was that.

My son likes to play tricks on me sometimes, so I called out his name and when he didn't answer, I walked into my bedroom to see if he was hiding in there - he wasn't. I walked upstairs and my son was on the computer in the guest bedroom. I asked him if he was just downstairs and he said no. I went back downstairs and finished dinner.

Since my daddy passed, I dreamt about him every night, and in my dreams I always called for him, but he never appeared. And I always seemed to wake up around the same time - about 3 in the morning.

One night, I was dreaming about him and crying for him and he appeared to me dressed like Lazarus was in the Bible - his body and head were wrapped with cloth. I could see his ghostly face within the wraps and when he smiled at me, I woke up and found my daddy leaning over me. When I said daddy out loud, he disappeared. I looked at the clock on my nightstand; it was 3:06 in the morning. I turned over to my side, smiled, and fell asleep.

My daddy's appearance was real to me and it gave me comfort to see him. I also felt that he was letting me know that he was okay and he is in Heaven with God. I haven't dreamt of him since.

About two days after seeing my daddy, my girlfriend who is a Prophetess came over to bless my house because I told her that I have been seeing spirits and felt scared - especially at night. That evening (a little after 10 p.m.), I was sitting in my office, which sits next to my bedroom. My son was asleep, my daughter was at work, and by this time my husband had to leave on business travel.

While working on the computer, I noticed a blackish figure to my left and when I looked, it passed and went into my bedroom. I got chills all over and within seconds, a second figure passed and went into my bedroom - it was the same two that I seen out in the yard on August 3rd. I immediately said out loud... Whatever you are leave my house right now! Why I didn't say In the name of Jesus! I don't know.

Well, I stayed up for a little while and decided to go to bed. Ever since I have had such experiences, I usually laid in bed and stare out the window because I was scared to go to sleep. I could feel a negative presence and I say negative because I know it was not my daddy. And to make matters worse, my husband was out of town. And even though I knew there was a presence in my room, I tried to stay awake as much as I could.

In the wake of Hurricane Gustav, my husband's family from New Orleans decided to stay with me to get away from the storm. I was so happy because I felt like my house would not be so quiet and having more people in the house gave me a sense that the spirits would not reveal to me.

When they arrived, I talked with my mother-in-law about my experiences and she told me to continue to bind the spirits according to God's word, because demon spirits are real and will keep taunting me if I didn't. She also told me that this is the only way for the spirits to leave my house. That evening, I hung out on the deck with my sister-in-laws and talked a little about how I was feeling and how I was scared to go to sleep. About midnight, I called it a night.

It was about 12:50 a.m., and I dreamt that my sister-in-law came into my room and I asked her what she is doing. She replied that she is going to sleep with me because of me being scared. Well, she got into my bed and hugged me (like a man would hug his wife - I was laying on my side with my back to her, and she rested her left hand on my left shoulder).

I told her that she could scoot over and when she replied that she doesn't want to in a voice that was not her, I turned over and saw that it was one of the spirits. When I woke up I had chills all over my body and I literally felt a hand impression leave my shoulder.

This really freaked me out because I felt a hand on my shoulder and I felt a weight of someone lying next to me. I immediately got up and opened my blinds to let some moonlight in. Since I was too scared and wanted to stay awake, I walked around my house a bit before I lay back down.

As I lay back down, I kept telling my self to stay awake. I was really scared and felt a very strong presence in my room. Though I fought the feeling, I fell back to sleep. I then began dreaming that a spirit was on my left laughing, a spirit was sitting on my chest, while another spirit was standing by my bed leaning over me. The spirit sitting on my chest was holding my mouth so I could not scream or breath. I could feel real pressure over my mouth as I tried to scream and I could also feel the reality of the situation while I fought to wake up.

When I was able to wake myself up, I felt the impression of hands over my mouth and weight from two hands leave my mattress where the third spirit was standing. I thought to myself, Was there a third spirit? When I looked at my clock, it was a little after three in the morning. This really freaked me out and I called out to Jesus and demanded that the spirits leave my room and my house! I really could not fall back asleep because how scared I was. So, I laid there until I saw day break set in.

That morning, my family from New Orleans decided to head back home. After sleeping with my TV and light on for a few days, I finally asked my daughter if she could sleep with me. She did for about a week until I was not so scared anymore.

I haven't seen any spirits since this occurred, and I have not dreamt of my daddy, but at times I do feel a presence around me and I get an eerie feeling. I quickly bind it in the name of Jesus when I do though.

I have had some experiences with ghosts in my past, but have never been through this before and never been this scared. Some call it Sleep Paralysis. I call it a Spiritual Warfare. These spirits taunted me for over a 4-week period and I don't fully understand why.

A friend of mine told me about a Hag riding my back. Maybe these spirits are angry and do not want to leave my house after it was blessed, or maybe they are trying to keep me quiet on probing the cause of my daddy's death... I don't know the answer, but I am just glad that when I call out on Jesus, I feel like they leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cflow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
I lost my grandfather on July 26, 2008. 12:05 am to be exact and it was strange. He had brain cancer but when he left the house to go get his chemo in atlanta (VA hospital) he was fine. He left and his vitals dropped they got him where they could head on but when he got to the hospital in Atlanta his vitals dropped again. He came home at 9 and was acting very strange and at 12:05 we lost him. Your dad dying in his sleep even though he was fine the day before is odd. I am also sorry for your loss
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
CFLOW

Are you OK? We were hoping to hear from you. Let us know how you are doing. Thanks, Jitow
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
wow I lost my dad at 43 in 1990 and that is creepy about two spirits won't leave you alone.
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
CFLOW,
I feel your pain. I lost my Dad at 61 for unknown resons. It sound as though you are a Christian. God wants us to put our trust in Him. When we worry and hang on to issues like this we are denying that God's sovereignty is enough and that we don't think that He can handle the situation and that we must find answers ourselves. My advice is to give this situation to God, He has the same power that ressurected Jesus Christ and that created the world, I would think that He can help you through this situation if you only give it to Him. The evil we face strikes when we are at our lowest and it wants us to question God and be bitter towards Him, that is it's sole purpose. It is times like these that our weakness is made strong in God. Make sure that you have a daily personal relationship with Jesus and these spirits will have no room to get into your heart and mind and He will heal your pain and bring something good out of your loss. But you must seek Him through prayer and reading your Bible. I don't really think that an investigation would bring you any information that will make you happy or give you peace. Just give it to Him and He will do what is best for you. I have been there and He did it for me and He loves you and everyone else that reads this post as much as He does me. It does not matter what any of us do, it is not outside God's grace.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Im very sorry to hear about your loss. He must have been a good man. But it was nice to hear that your father showed himself to you. As you said he let you know that he is in a better place. But these other spirits have made contact with you because after all these sad inncidents you are more volnerable to these spirits. They feed of of fear. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. Blessing the place is a good idea to but I have heard that iit doesn't work all the time. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
cflow (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hey Brownie09, forgot to respond to your questions. I experienced the visions before I took action in looking into how my daddy died. I did however express to my husband how I felt before I did take any action. I told him that something was not right and that I could feel it - and I was correct. I have heard folk say that once Satan hears things out of our mouths, he reacts.
cflow (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi everyone. I appreciate your comments and your concerns. The Bible speaks of demonic spirits and spirits that roam the earth; the Bible also speaks about the tricks they play. I can feel their presence and when I do, I speak loudly and boldly to cast them out of my house according to God's word. As for my daddy's cause of death, I am preparing a letter to the county courthouse to file charges against the county coroner, because his actions are unacceptable and do not coincide to his duty of performance. Hopefully, this will bring county reprimand against him. I know the only way to really find out how my daddy died is to have his body exhumed and I really don't have the strength nor the courage to do this. I guess I will know how he died when I see him again. Thanks again for your thoughts.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sorry I can't explain what those spirits were. Did it start after you were trying to find out more about how your dad died? It might be as you said, they might have been trying to keep you from finding out about how your dad really died. For them to do no autopsy on him. I can't believe they didn't do an autopsy on him to find out what could have possibly happen. Which them not doing that, no one will ever know how he died.
Also to your family from New Orleans, glad that they were all okay, and that they were able to get out of New Orleans, before Gustav, went through.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
Love, Peace, and may God be with you and your family. ❤

P.s. If these things keep bothering you, rebuke them in Jesus's name and tell them they are not welcome in your home and do some praying. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I also think that whatever's haunting you has found 'an easy access' because of your emotional confusion. I don't know if these are called "demons"- I believe in negative spirits- I also believe in beings that were never born into this world but I'm not sure I would personally call them "demons". It seems that your faith functions as a protective shield against the attacks and since it seems to be a stong faith, use it for your own safety.
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
when you bind and they feel like they have left don't let that trick you, they could just be trying to build you up and then shatter all your believes I have seen happen before. But that's just my opinion
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Perfect love casts out all fear. I think your father's death traumatized you. I don't believe in demons but I do think they can be a reflection of fear in our own minds in time of stress. Not saying you can't see something odd and have no stress related emotions. Just don't think they are demons. Possibly just earthbound spirits.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
I feel for you during this situation. Many people will label this sleep paralysis, since the definition of sleep paralysis covers so many unknown topics. Keep religious symbols close by, and know that many people have experienced something similar. Your Dad is in a better place, so don't let these things trick you.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Keep binding the spirits in the name of Jesus. They are there in the house, and even if you cannot see them, they can hear you. Command in the name of Jesus that they evacuate your household and leave you alone, continuosly do this until they let up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: