You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Copycat Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Copycat Ghost

 

This happened during the early '80's in Pampanga, Philippines. My younger brother used to love playing basketball on the second floor of our old house using a small tennis ball; he would play, shout & shoot as would a real basketball player. He used to do this almost everyday.

One day, while my Dad was downstairs in the living room reading, he heard my brother playing basketball upstairs, complete with shouts and a ball being dribbled. At first, he didn't think much of it, since we were all used to hearing him do this anyway, so he kept on reading.

But suddenly my Dad froze, because he realized that my brother wasn't even home yet, it was a school day, and so while all of this was going on, my Dad ran up the stairs to check who was making all the noise. When he got there, his fears were confirmed, because there was no one there. He realized that some spirit was doing exactly what my brother was doing.

After that, we had to have the whole house re-blessed by our Parish priest, although my Dad never heard that particular noise anymore, we knew there were still spirits roaming around the house, because we would hear footsteps walking up & down the stairs, along the corridors near the bedrooms.

Other hauntings by PatisMalagu72

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PatisMalagu72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BlackMurderknot (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
I would totaly get freak out if that happens to me... I'm only 13 😨
Thedarkchocolate (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
"But suddenly my Dad froze, because he realized that my brother wasn't even home yet, it was a school day"

---That line made my heart sink. Lol. That is freaking scary. 😨
xxMayLovablexx14366 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Thats great that you re-blessed your house! But even though you re-blessed your house, there are still spirits that are roaming around! Just remember that you shouldnt bother them because they become bad! Maybe theyre good spirits now! 😊
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
At least the spirit meant no harm. 😊
That is still very scary, but at least it wasn't worse.

I hope everything is okay now, though. 😊
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
If a spirit IS involved in a case like this one, it would seem to be more likely a copycat poltergeist than a doppelganger, which is defined as a VISIBLE copycat event rather than as an ACOUSTIC copycat event.
If acoustic doppelgangers do exist, I'm uninformed about them. A finding would make for an interesting post.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
When your father went up to the room there was NO ONE there?
That cancels out a doppelganger. A Doppelganger is the ghostly double of a living person. In other words, it is the VISUAL replica of a live person.
There have been times in which I am TOTALLY engrossed in something and I will hear my children going about their normal business. I will get up to see what it is that is going on to find them out of doors, or simply not at home.
There can be a variety of explanations for this. One, the expectation that I SHOULD be hearing them (i.e. An overactive imagination...). Two, the residual ENERGY of their exuberance is bouncing off the walls of their domain.
I believe that everything has an energy of it's own that has been around for longer than the thing itself. High emotion may trap it, correct conditions can play it, and an alert mind can sense it. I do NOT believe that you have to PASS ON to achieve a residual sound, sight, or feel.
Have you ever walked into a room and felt an eerie sense that SOMETHING is amiss, but you are the only one there, and nothing out of the ordinary is going on? That, I believe is a residual emotion. Some rooms have a closed in feeling, that causes panic when you enter them, even if they are a large ballroom. It, in my opinion, is but a residual feel.
Residual, simply put, is only a product left behind by any process. The process of playing basketball, the process of singing in the shower, the process of banging pots and pans in the kitchen.
I honestly feel, that if this were not simply your fathers imagination, it was a residual energy. No ghost, no spirit, only science at it's finest.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I believe this spirit is a dopleganger. As you said it copies other5 people. I don't know much about them but they sure can be very scary. Thanks for sharring this very scary encounter. I hope you have other stories to tell about the house because I'm looking forward to reading them. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like this might possibly be the work of a doppleganger. Is there any chance that your brother snuck in, and when he heard his dad coming, ran away? He couldn't have stayed home from school and then hid in a closet or something when his dad came up so he didn't get in trouble?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Good thing you had the house re-blessed, the spirits ya'll still felt present, could have possibly been good ones, since they were still there when the house was blessed. Maybe the ghost that was copying your little brother, fed off of his energy and the love of the of the game that your brother had, it wanted to try it. Sorry I didn't mean to make that sound funny. Thanks for the story though. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: