You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Feeling Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling Ghosts

 

When I was little, I always felt like there were ghosts around. I would feel them but would not see them. I told people in my family but they told me I was being silly. Even when the spirits would shake my bed to keep me awake, my parents would tell me to just go to sleep. I think after a long period of time I blocked it out because only one person in my family believed me.

About ten years ago, I searched into the history of my Dad's family, who is American Indian. There is a lot of psychic abilities in his mom's side. Hearing that, I thought of doing a little re-discovery of the feelings I used to feel when I was little, you know, with the spirits.

Well, nothing happened. I can say I was disappointed for a little while, then forgot about it.

In 2004 my dad died. That is when the turnabout happened. I feel him, hear him, and now it has opened up the flood gates. If I walk into a house or anywhere that a spirit occupies, I get that feeling in my gut and start to tremble from the inside out. It is then that I know something is there. I even have experienced someone sitting on my bed at times when no one else is home. I get that same feeling, the trembling the knot in my stomach.

I would like to open up more and maybe communicate with them, not just feel that they are there. Any suggestions on how I can do this, or if I even should?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cielhxc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thering2 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
I know what you mean by a feeling. It is like you know something is there. I can feel exactly if there is something and where it is but I can't see it. I find that part very frustrating. My friend can see stuff and I feel very blinded when I can only feel it and she can see it. I find it better not to see in some ways. I am sorry about your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. 😊
sarah12375 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
wow.
I really like this story; I can relate to you two in a way. I can feel them in a way it's a gut feeling like you said. I can also tell when someone is sitting on my bed but I could never see it I just feel their presence and hear his breathing though nothing more.
I think the ability you seem to have could really help some of them go into the light or where ever their supposed to go. Thanks for sharing the story!
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Autumn, I love the mirror exercise. I use a ceiling corner of any room for blanking, a bubble for centering and listening, and chakras for directing energy. Amazing how our (everyone's) techniques can differ as widely as our beliefs, lol!
Ah, the quick fix. Nope. Ain't going to happen.
Waving, sitting 'Indian style' on the couch...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
A correction to my comment, with humble apologies, I AM but human. 😉
I wrote, "My favorite "beginners" excesses is..." When I intended to write,
My favorite beginners exercise is...

Thank you for your understanding.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Wow, Ciel, I feel that you have just wrote the synopsis of my existence this time around. This is exactly what happened in my life. I "noticed" a few things as a child, was told I have a vivacious imagination and should become a writer, decided to secretly write down the experiences and lived vicariously through the truth on the pages of my journal.
There are times, young Truth seeker, that only so much is revealed to us. There are a variety of reasons as to why, and to start pointing them out would take days. The most important one is that our Guides (Guardian Angels, Spirit Guides, whichever applies) know us well enough to know exactly what it is that we can handle. How can they not? They are working from the right hand of our Creator (s).
With that in mind, I would suggest that you start out with meditation exercises. Some of them take a while to master, but patience is a virtue, my friend.
MANY people who contact me for a "quick fix" on dealing with the Other Side feel that when I suggest that to them, I am brushing them off, but that is NOT the case. You HAVE to learn to have a completely relaxed, and blank thought pattern. What you bring INTO the session mandates what it is that you take OUT of the session.
My favorite "beginners" excesses is to picture yourself in a completely white (the color of purity) circled room. Picture a pure white spotlight on you, as you sit cross legged (dare I say Indian style😊?) in front of a mirror that reaches the height of the ceiling.
THIS is when I say, contact me when you see something in that mirror, and let me know what you see. The vision you get in that mirror is EXTREMELY telling. It will show the true intent of your mission.
Keep in mind that our eyes may tell us that something can look totally benign, but it can have malicious undertones. And the reverse is also applicable. Do NOT be afraid of what you see in that mirror. There is NOTHING there, it did NOT break into the safety of that room. The mirror is a WALL that NOTHING can pass through.

I need to caution you, here, though.
Be Careful What You Wish For. You MAY actually achieve it, and it MAY be NOTHING as you, at this moment, imagine.
WISHING to deal with those of the Other realm is a totally different experience than that of being ABLE to deal with them. And often times, there is no turning back.
Thank you. My e-mail is posted in my profile.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi and welcome to this site. I am very sorry for your loss. Sometimes time can never heals this. I'm glad that other members have gave you some great advise. AI would realy listen to there words. Thnaks fro sharring. I hope to hear froom you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hello and welcome to the site! Thank you for sharing your story. I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope that you will find peace with it soon, if you haven't already. It's wonderful that you have this gift, just be sure that you're prepared to use it if you plan on going out of your way to contact any spirits around you. They aren't always nice and they won't always be gentle, so make sure that before you try to make any serious attempts, you really research what you're getting into and be sure that you have a solid foundation, such as religion, a certain ritual, or a particular thought/feeling that centers you and brings you courage. You will need to be sure that you can shield yourself from negative and evil spirits with your own inner strengths, without relying on others to help you, because a lot of others don't believe in those things as you have experienced.

Good luck!
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Channeling via channeling boards or open-minded free writing are typically good means of communicating. Meditation can help open the mind, as well as focusing all your senses towards experiencing the spirits when you Do feel them. There are a lot of methods out there, and I myself am in the process of opening myself up more to spirits (unaided by the fact that there aren't any where I live) Still trying to find techniques that work well myself, but channeling seems to be the best.

Just make sure that you set the rules regarding who can be channeled through you ^_-
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Cielhxc, hi welcome to your ghost stories. Like lady said, all people have their own opinions and beliefs, but all of us are on here for a reason, to tell something of what happened to us and what we experienced. After you looking into your family's history looks like your dad's mom's side has abilities, that a lot of people would like to have. Yeah, you might see or hear something that you don't want to, but remember to always keep your faith.
Thanks for sharing.
P.S. I would also consider what Lady said. 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi, Ciel! Welcome to the boards, and thanks for sharing your story. You should, hopefully, receive a multitude of responses.
As you have probably read here, everyone has their own beliefs, methods, and styles. Read, read, read, try some on for size and use what feels right for you. It won't be a fast process, but you have the tools required, it would seem. (insert happy face here)
A recent 'tossing' (meeting of minds to theorize) we came up with this: we are either born with or without hardware (ability) then learn, adopt, gather, upload the software (beliefs, methods, styles) during our journey. All you need to learn is the how. The want to, well, that is strictly up to you.
I highly enjoy visiting this realm, and perhaps it is my attitude that prevents negative visits?
I listen, but with so much more than my ears, all my senses. Mind, heart, ears, smell, touch. This means they have to be blank first. It's hard to blank your mind and keep it blank. It takes a great deal of practice, but it is certainly worth the effort. I can send you a few exercises if you like, just email me a note.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: