You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Girl

 

Let me start by saying I never believed in any of these things or never had the desire to be interested in the paranormal. This changed about two weeks ago and I'm desperately looking for answers and possibly some comfort because honestly I'm a nervous wreck. I've been searching the web, for what, I don't know, and I'm coming up empty. I ran across this site and was glad to see that there is open discussion about these topics. I would really like some advice so I can get on with my life.

First, I think it would help to offer a quick description of my house. My front door opens into a small hallway that leads to the main staircase. At the top of the staircase is my room. If you were facing my room, the bathroom is directly to the left. Behind you would be my parent's room at the end of a long hallway.

It was around 2 a.m. It was during the weekend and I had just driven forty minutes home from visiting my old college roommate. I'm 23 years old and just out of college a year and a half ago. I grabbed my backpack from my backseat, slung it over my shoulder, and made my way up my porch and through the front door. Normally, I am not afraid of the dark but as soon as I walked into the pitch black of my house, I was struck with the most bizarre, eerie feeling. It caught me off guard so I ran to the hallway light switch and flipped it on. The feeling subsided a bit and I felt a little better but my heart was pounding. I remember laughing at myself, too. I turned off that light and turned on the staircase light (there is a light switch at the bottom and top of the staircase) and made my way up the stairs.

As I reached the top of the stairs I turned off the light for the staircase and as I walked to my bedroom door, I looked left into a wide open bathroom door. This will haunt me forever. Standing in the back of the bathroom was a young woman in a plain, beat up dress, slightly glowing white in the darkness. Her hair covering her face was curly and black and her head tilted forward as if looking at the floor a few inches ahead of her. As soon as I became aware of her she started walking towards me at a normal pace. I fell back and cowered against the wall staring at her yelling and screaming, "OH MY GOD!" at the top of my lungs.

As she got closer she started to tilt her head forward to look at me but at that moment, purely on adrenaline, I ran down the hall to my parents' room crying, yelling, and screaming. Their door was locked so I was kicking and banging very intent on knocking the door down. My dog, who sleeps in my parents' room started going berserk on the other side of the door. Still screaming, banging, and calling for them, I turned my head to see the girl walking down the hall towards me. I completely lost it and felt I was about to pass out. My parents finally opened the door as I fell on their floor. My dog bit me and I scampered up to look. She was gone.

At this point, I was crying and completely uncontrollable as I tried to explain to my parents what I had just seen. They looked almost as afraid as I was. After a few minutes, I was able to calm down and tell them what happened. I could tell that they didn't know what to believe but they know I'm not one for dramatics. I slept in their room that night and forced them to keep the light on. I didn't sleep and watched TV all night, staring at my parents' closed door.

I've never touched drugs or anything like that, so what I saw I believe to be real, no matter how much I try to talk myself out of it. I would love for it to be fake, trust me, but it wasn't. It wasn't a wisp or anything see-through. She looked tangible and was very real.

It's been about two weeks and I still won't go anywhere in my house alone. Luckily, I've been planning on moving out at the end of this month. I've been sleeping in my younger brother's room every night with the light on. I don't know what to do with myself, or what to think. I've never had a single paranormal experience my whole life and this happens. I actually enjoy being at work so I don't have to be at my house. I dread going home everyday and I'm living in utter fear right now.

I would really like to know what everyone thinks. Thanks for reading.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tucker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cole87 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hey Tucker,

This story scared me half to death! I can only imagine how scared you were! That is one crazy experience. Along with the other commenters I also believe it was a one time thing. At least hope so! Great story... One of my favorites. Take Care 😊
Tucker (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
JamesRobiscoe - Yeah that's what I thought! We've lived in this house for almost 20 years and nothing even close to this has happened. No one I know has died in the past few years especially a younger person. Yeah I am not religious at all but I've been wearing a cross necklace my grandfather gave me before he died ever since.

Ahimsa - Yeah I was completely taken off guard by the whole thing. I just wish my parents would have seen her too. I too hope this is the first and last time this happens. Thanks for your comment.

Easykiel - Well I wish you were there to see it then 😉. So far I have only asked my parents about the history of our house but they don't know much at all. They have confirmed that the house was built sometime in the 1890's though. I guess there is some history that could be recovered. Thanks for the advice!

ChrisB - Thanks for the comment. That is really refreshing to hear and made me feel a lot better about the situation. I hope you are right. I'll try not to be afraid. Thanks again!

BTW in order to not worry my parents anymore I did sleep in my room last night for the first time even though I really didn't want to. I guess that is a good first step towards facing this as many of you have suggested. That didn't stop me from sleeping with the TV and light on all night though 😳. Thanks again for the comments everyone.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I realy enjoyed reading your story. And as others have said this realy scared me to. In this case I wouldn't want to be in your pants. But I have something that might cheer you up. I believe that your place isn't haunted or that your a sencitive. I think that this spirit was just passing by. I don't know why but I believe she is NOT attached to your house land or yourself. I just believe that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. To be honest I don't think you will see her anymore. She has probably crossed over. I think this was just one episode and there won't be another. As others have said try not being scared. Spirits can feed off of fear. I hope I have helped. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Woah. That's something straight out of a J-Horror! In a way, I'm sort of jealous. I've only seen 3 full apparitions in my time, and none of them as close up or as frightening as that. (I'm a sucker for being scared.)

I do think that you need to find out more about this, whether that be from investigating the history of your house or as others have suggested, calling the spirit out. Although I'd be careful, the fact that you felt such fear from the moment that you entered the house would suggest to me a malign presence.

Good luck with whatever steps you decide to take.
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hi Tucker- I have to say I was absolutely terrified just reading this story, I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through an experience like this. What seems strange to me, like DeviousAngel said, is that in many instances when a person sees an appariton that frightens them and begins to yell and scream, usually the appariton disappears. The fact that this one started walking towards you makes it seem rather aggresive to me. It is just so weird that after all the time you lived there, this is the first experience you have, and such a nighmarish one at that. Hopefully this things appearance, whatever it is, was just one of those once-in-a-lifetime happenings and won't bother you again. If it does, then it is time to take action.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Tucker--Holy sh*tcakes, that is one immediately terrifying experience. In all the years you lived there, nothing, then suddenly...
Sounds like a visitor, not a resident. No one who knew you died within the past year, right, no one who might fit the description?
Hard as it is to think, LadyAnne is right about facing the fear. Take it one small step at a time, and with a plan. Perhaps you might keep a stone in your pocket or cross around your neck and grab it to center yourself when feeling uneasy.
The folks believe you, I'm sure, but sometimes a simply blessing won't do it. Everyone needs to know more about the nature of this apparition before effective action can be taken. One step at a time. Can't be done all at once. But you can't be afraid forevermore to visit your parents at that place. God bless and keep us posted, please.
Tucker (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Thanks a lot for the comments guys!

Ladyanne - I couldn't tell you if it was threatening or not. I wasn't about to find out and I don't think I want to find out. No, I haven't seen anything since.

MNPROPHET - My house is pretty old... At least 100 years old I would say and no I don't know much about the history. I didn't think about researching that though. I'll see what I can find out... Would the library be a good start? That's the only place I can think of. Thanks for the advice.

DeviousAngel - Is calling the ghost out like that safe? I'm a little reluctant to call out that thing especially if you think it might be a demon! We're not too religious but my parents are thinking about having a priest visit. I'm moving out in a few weeks though so hopefully it's isolated to just my house. I would hate to think it would follow me around.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Jeeze, that would scare the living hell out of me. I'm sorry that you had to experience that. I agree that I think you should try and address your fear, though I'm not quite sure how. The only thing I can recommend is walking throuhgout the house in daylight, asking out loud for any spirits to please leave the house so your family can live there in peace. Due to the fact that she was so visible and tangible, I might even suggest that it was possibly a demon. I could be totally wrong, and I'm really not trying to scared you, I'm just saying that it's a possibility. I would think it more likely for a demon to try and scare you like that than a ghost, because I know that a lot of non-violent ghosts would probably be startled away by your reaction, especially with your parents so close.

Best wishes and best of luck to you my friend. If it makes you feel better, perhaps consider having the house blessed? Even if you're not religious, I don't think it's necessarily about the denomination so much as the cleansing spiritual energy that would help clear things out.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Hello Tucker, I do believe you experienced a true haunting. Do you know how old your house is & do you know of it's history? Maybe the lady you seen used to live in the house or maybe possibly died in the house. I think your parents should consider having a paranormal research group come in & investigate. I wish you all the best. Kim.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Wow, Tucker. Double wow. If it were me, you couldn't get me to leave the house.
Maybe you might need to address your fear first, so you CAN be home. After that, if you are up to it, try and find out why she is there? From your decription, it sounds non-threatening, would you agree? Or, did you feel she would have hurt you, had she been able? Maybe, just maybe, she needs help? You have not seen again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: