You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Get Out Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

Get Out Of The House

 

When I was 12 years old I lived with my dad in Jennings, Michigan during school nights and my mom in Cadillac, Michigan during weekends and school breaks.

One night in December I woke up by falling out of my bed. When I looked up I saw a little boy. He had to be about six years old; he was very pale and was wearing what looked like a sailor suit. He reminded me of a picture my grandfather use to show me of a boy he took a picture of back in the early 40's.

The little boy just looked at me and said "Get out of the House"; I was so scared that I started to cry. I cried so much that my dad drove me the thirty minute drive to my moms at two o'clock in the mourning. The next night my father's house caught on fire. Sadly enough my older brother passed away in the fire.

A couple of years later I asked my grandfather about the picture and he told me it was his first son who died. I told my grandfather about my experience and he just held me and cried. The little boy holds a special place in my heart.

My father rebuilt on the same piece of land, and life went on, but I never saw that little boy again, but I think about him often and wonder what would have happened if he hadn't woke me that night.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jonlaarmansmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cutechoy (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
dear wickedwitch2000,

she is so scared! How can he ask that? That lttle boy must said it to you!
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
That story gave me Goose Bumps.
Wow. That's all I got to say "Wow".
If you ever get to have the experience again with the little boy, Ask him, why did you have to get out of the house and when he told you to... You should of said "Is there something wrong? What happened in here? What's in here?" Not to be better than you but that's some words you'll be saying if you have more experiences. Great story, Kind of creepy 😨 But good!
Love to hear from you again!

WIckedWitch2000
Mick (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
I think spirits that are kind will warn the living of impending disasters. I've read about these and it sounds as though this might have happened to you. How wonderful for you to see your grandfather's deceased son. It must have been very moving for him to hear you tell him this. This only strengthens my beliefs in all of the spirits I've been privy to see.
Curious (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
I'm sorry for your loss, that's awful. However, that's a pretty amazing story. I wonder if the ghost is now gone. Either due to fulfilling his purpose or the destruction of the house.

The psychic foretelling seems to somehow be a quality for some ghosts. How did he know that there was to be fire? Is time different for them?

Always searching for answers, if you have any theories, stories or comments, visit my blog at
Http://haveyoueverseenaghost.blogspot.com/
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Sometimes "warning wraiths" (spirits, ghosts who show up to alert the living to an impending disaster) have nothing else to be around for after that given task. In most cases I've read about, they don't reappear after the incident they warned against has happened.

You are blessed not only to have seen this long dead Great Uncle of yours, but also to have benefitted from the message.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
This story has given me a pause! What a dreadful loss for your family! I'm trully sorry!

I suppose if it hadn't been for your uncle, you wouldn't be alive today!It's so comforting to know that there are those ones who guard us-whose love is strong enough to make them cross from one dimension to another just to stand on our side when their assistance is needed.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi Lucky that boy gave you the warning that the house will be on fire if he didn't you won't there to type this profile/yourghoststories.com also sorry of your loss of your brother.
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Dear MisSensitive,
Yes I do believe that the little boy is always watching out for me, I don't really have any proff, but I just know that he is.

Thanks,
JonLaarmansMom
jonlaarmansmom (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Dear Tonith,
I do have comfort knowing that the spirit of my uncle is watching out for me, and I believe deep in my heart that he still is.
JonLaarmansMom
MrFreeze (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow.

Something very familiar actually happened to my mom's family. Maybe I'll post it on this site.
MisSensitive (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
That story gave me the chills. Thank you for sharing this, it is a very personal story. It seems to me that you were open enough for that little boy to contact you. Do you ever wonder if he is your gardian? Some things are just so overwhelming, we can not feel that anymore. Do you think he is with you and you just can't see him? One more question, do you think he had something to do with you falling out of bed? Thank you again for sharing your story! ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Thank you very much for sharing your story with us, and I am very, very sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were able to get that warning and it's comforting knowing that someone on the other side cared enough about you to come to you in a form that you recognized and warn you before you could be hurt.

Warmest blessings,

DA
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
What an incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is comforting to know that loved ones continue to watch over us even after their physical forms are no longer.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I am so sorry for your loss. I must agree with Tonith on this that you must take comfort in knowing that our body is just a shell - we do live on. God Bless.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Wow is all I can say. For whatever reason you were not to be in that place when the fire broke out. I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother in that fire. To say it was his time but not yours is little comfort I know. You had no way of knowing about the fire or the results of it. The warning was for you. No adult would have taken this as a warning but just a bad dream. I'm glad your grandfather was able to know his son was still alive and well on another plane of existence. We don't know why these things happen only that they do. You got to see what most of us will never see. I'm sure it's left it's impression but it should also give you comfort knowing that the spirit does survive and can even cross dimensions if needed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: