You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Frightened

Real Ghost Stories

Frightened

 

One day, I was with my friends and we decided to go to our best friend's old house because she moved out. It was a very small house, 2 floors, an attic and a living room connected to a bathroom and kitchen. The house had been known to be haunted because a lady died upstairs in the attic in her wheelchair. The house was empty and all the lights were on and everything.

We walked through the door and we were VERY frightened on what we thought was going to happen. I didn't believe in ghosts until after this. I was very young during this. We walked through the living room and then turned to go up into the attic, where my friend's room was (where the old lady had died at). A girl was in front of me and one in back of me too. I was in the middle. As I put my foot on the first step I heard a very strange voice. Not knowing if I actually heard it I turned around. My friend looked back as well, she heard it too! We went up the stairs. There was a little box in the middle of the room. I told my friend to go get it. I tried to scare her, so I yelled loudly. Then we all started going for the stairs and running. The lights where flashing on and off everywhere. There weren't any lights upstairs though! As we ran down the stairs we all fell down at the same time. Bam! right on our butts at the same moment screaming we ran out of the house. The door was closed but we left it open. We never went back, EVER.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Sounds in an empty house are always louder. How ever you did say the lights were going on and off. Was the house really cold? I also find it odd that you all fell at the same time or was it, on the same spot?

Take care,

Walter 😁
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear Brennenbs,

Tisk, tisk, tisk... You tried to scare your friends even though you already heard a voice which more or likely felt you were mocking it, then again, I would have done the same thing, so why should I be talking? 😁

I enjoyed the story very much, I loved the humour and your childhood was similar to mine since one of my friend's also lived in a old creepy house, only thing different is, I was not as adventurous as you or bold enough. I am glad you made it out safely and learned a good lesson while doing it. I wish to hear more about your stories.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
You guys never know though, I mean if the lights were flashing on and off that is kind of strange, but yeah it is possible that you just scared yourself, I do that all time!
Take care,
Chrono 😳
micheellee (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
well to me it doesn't make since I didn't get nuthin from it yepp shane is righttt
cristal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
I agree with the other guys you might have scared yourselfs. This happens a lot when you know someplace is haunted but you still go in.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
I agree with Shane. There is the possibility that something may have been there but I think you guys pretty much scared yourselves... Did you ever bother to tell anyone about the box in the middle of the room? Maybe a group of people could have gone back and opened it up to see what was in it...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
Sounds almost as if your imaginations got the better of you on that day. You were in a place you weren't suppose to be, you tried to scare your friend, you were expecting to see or hear something due to the story you were told. My question is how would an old lady in a wheel chair end up in the attic?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: