You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Boy And The Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy And The Old Lady

 

I'd visited the doctor 3 days earlier to have a morning after pill, I had taken the correct dosage at the correct times and suffered no apparent side effects, no headaches or nausea etc... I was staying at my boyfriends house that night and we were downstairs in front of the log fire. My boyfriend lived in a beautiful old stone cottage in a village with only about 6 other houses and one large estate house. He lived with his parents still and they were sleeping upstairs at the time.

As we sat there I suddenly saw a young blonde boy of about 6 or 7 years old who was talking to me. He was dressed in grey shorts and grey woollen jumper. I cannot remember anything of what he said, nor could I remember immediately after the experience had ended, but my boyfriend relayed some of what the young boy had said to me because as the boy was talking to me I was telling my boyfriend what he was saying. Unfortunately my boyfriend of the time could not get everything I was relaying to him as he told me I was speaking super fast and so he only grasped a bit of it.

At some point during the conversation with the young boy an old tall thin lady dressed in black appeared in the corner of the room and I could sense some kind of resentment or anger from her directed at me and this scared me. During the experience she would move around the room as well as disappear and reappear as if trying to scare me more. Towards the end of the experience she approached me and hit me several times. I could feel the pain as if it was a real physical force rather than a spiritual one and in the morning I could feel soreness in my back, not particularly bad but enough for me to ask my boyfriend to take a look at which point he discovered small bruises along my spine.

During the conversation with the young boy my boyfriend told me after that the boy had told me his name was Peter and that he had lived 150 years before. He had told me that he had been bullied at school and during the bullying had been accidentally killed by an older child. He told me that he had watched his parents live the rest of their lives in sadness, never getting over his death and that he wanted things to be different this time. He said that he wasn't angry or upset at anyone for his death as he knew it was an accident, he also said that he wasn't angry about the bullying although it had upset him and hurt his feelings at the time it happened. Although I don't remember any of what he told me I do remember that the young boy exerted a feeling of calm from him and had it not been for the old lady that was stood in the room scaring me I am sure I would have felt fine about the boys visit.

The young boy I remember had at some point sat on my lap with his arm around me and it was at this point that the old lady had approached me. Becoming hysterical with fear I had begged my boyfriend to make her go away and in desperation we had started reading scriptures from the bible and reciting the lords prayer in hope of some kind of protection as well as to turn all the lights on but none of this had worked.

At the end I had said to the young boy sat on my lap "it's OK you can leave now", at which point both spirits had vanished and I then turned to my boyfriend and told him that I know the pills hadn't worked and that I would be pregnant.

3 weeks later it was confirmed that I was pregnant and that the morning after pills had not worked. My daughter did have some developmental problems because of the fact I'd had the morning after pills involving her kidneys but other than that and after having an operation she has been very healthy. A psychic that I went to see, a Shaman I know and a spiritual course leader on a weekend I attended have all told me that they can sense my daughter has huge spiritual and psychic powers, and what I believe to be proof of this has been shown to me, I will publish another story about this later.

Other hauntings by SweetDeanie

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SweetDeanie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Also the idea of me feeling guilty because of not wanting to be pregnant - I definately did not feel guilty about not wanting to be pregnant as I was only 18 and not in a long term committed relationship and still living with parents at the time. It was inpractical for me to be pregnant and I see no reason to feel guilty for that, not then, not now.

I could never have had an abortion but I didn't see anything wrong with the morning after pill at the time, like most people I thought it to be 100% effective so didn't know it could cause any long term damage to a child that was concieved despite the morning after pill being taken - so no reason at the time to feel guilty about that either.

That's not to say I've not felt guilty since when I discovered her health issues and the possible cause of it.

Of course I have no regrets about the fact the pill didn't work, I love all my children and if anything am glad it didn't work, my children are my saviours, I live for them and my life feels fulfilled because of them. I would never change a thing, except maybe not taking the morning after pill if I could go back, just so that my daughter might not have had kidney problems.
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
My daughter was bullied for a while too, but she had this odd empathy for the bullies and felt sorry for them, not something I taught her! I tried to get her to stand up to them but she wouldn't, not because of fear but because she explained to me that she felt sorry for them that they felt the only way to stand out and gain popularity or be liked was by bullying other people.

Even now she says she doesn't care what others think of her because she's happy with herself. I'm very proud of her for coming to these kind of ideas and conclusions by herself because it's the complete opposite of how I feel and have always felt about myself when in that situation.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
this is really an interisting story I really felt sorry for the spirit of this boy as I was bullied at school myself... It must of been disturbing for you to have the old lady there as well and acting so agressivaly. I don't think you should feel fearful do as I feel the spirit of this boy came to you because he knew you would comfort him and I feel you are a kind person I can't explain the apperance of the women do...
Im really looking forward to hearing about your daughter's spiritual and psychic powers. Take care. 😊
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
😲 Congrats to your daughter and may you and your family be very well and happy!

😳 This story is very interesting and I agree with book_luver123
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
No solid proof the morning after pill caused the development problems, not enough cases of it not working for any kind of real research or conclusions. Doctor said it may cause some developmental problems, she had some developmental problems, doctor says it may have been caused because of the morning after pill, but no for definate answer just speculation.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
So the morning after pill doesn't always work? Seems like it can be more harm than good if it doesn't. I don't know if you had a paranormal experience or just one of guilt from not wanting to be pregnant. I am glad your daughter is ok. We don't have the morning after pill here in the states and from what I gathered from you, maybe its a good thing that we don't. Only way to not get pregnant is to abstain. Birth control is limited. When will we learn this?
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
I wonder if the boy wanted to talk to you warning you of bullying and trying to tell you so you could help your daughter. The old woman could have been angry because you had his attention and not hers. ❤
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
I totally believe it like the thing about th bruising it is obvious that she didn't want her son hurt again so she beat you to leave him alone when you were actually doing him no harm some may say it was your pill and your bofroend was humoring you I believe what you and your boyfrie did was very brave by just comforting him. So kudos to you 😊
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
I don't mind you not believing it, I don't want to either and the only reason I can even cope with the idea of it right now is because of how long ago it was. It freaked me out for a long time after and I have convinced myself to a certain extent that I was having some kind of hallucination or delusion caused by pregnancy hormones or something maybe?

Of course I can't completely convince myself that what happened wasn't real, it's more like trying to force myself into denial.
rskns (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
ur probly not going to like this but I doubt that story is true but that's my opinion anyways I'm mostly skeptic so don't let it bring you down. BUT there is no way I can explain it so I actually think it could be real and that's hard to get from me! P.S I don't type well that's why I type short

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: