You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At My Friend's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At My Friend's House

 

This story happened at my friend's house in the spring of 2008. Me, and two of friends, Marc, and Travis, were at Marc's older brother's house playing Ocarina of Time. They were helping me play it, and we got hungry, so we decided to order pizza. While we were eating we noticed strange things started happening. The game was paused, and muted, and we were the only ones in the house. We were well aware the house was haunted because Marc had a lot of experiences with the ghosts that stayed there.

To give you some background information, there were two living rooms: one upstairs, and one downstairs. We were upstairs; the only objects in the room were the TV, the wii, and a small glass table in the corner of the room. Where the stairs came up there was a wall, so you couldn't see who came up until they were already at the top step. In that wall, in the corner opposite where the staircase came up was a small compact closet wherein many previous years someone was killed, and the body was hidden in that closet until police arrived.

We were done eating (pizza boxes still on the floor), and Marc started hearing voices. He told us to shush, and we did. We heard almost silent quick whispering coming from downstairs from an unknown voice. Me, and Travis were spooked, but Marc said it happened a lot, so we tried to ignore it, but for me, and Travis it was quite difficult. We then heard heavy footsteps. We were now all scared. We heard someone run up, and down the stairs, but we saw no one. Suddenly it got a bit dark in the room (there were only two small windows in that room and they were covered by blinds, and, I can't remember, but maybe even curtains too). We listened closely to the quick and sudden movement downstairs. Then we heard something moving in the closet. Softly, and faintly something was wriggling around in there. We all suddenly started talking, and arguing about whether we were imagining it, what it could be, and mostly how scared, and helpless we felt. We had nowhere to go the stairs were blocked by an angry "something"!

One of us finally yelled "Shut up! We have to open the door!" and we all stiffened up. The three of us inched toward the door (now that we weren't panicky anymore we all felt "in the moment" and we had to be "heroes"). Marc opened the door quickly. We saw a few coats, a vacuum cleaner, and some old garbage. "Let's leave it open, so it'll be quiet" I suggested, and we all agreed. Whatever was downstairs had resorted to walking around down by the staircase. We could still hear it.

I remember looking at Marc, and he seemed a bit scared now "I-I'll look...," he stuttered. He peeked down, and he told us there were dark figures down there. Me, and Travis didn't need to see. I remembered what my mom told me (she is really into ghosts) about using a camera to capture what you can't see. I mentioned it to them, and, excitingly, they jumped up, and Travis took out his phone which had a fine camera (we didn't have a real camera, and trust me, we looked real hard). By the closet door he aimed his camera, and snapped.

"What the-!? Oh my G-!" me, and Marc ran to see, and he caught a picture of a giant black foggy being that had the shape of an adult hefty man. We took more pictures, and moved about the room, making sure that it wasn't one of our shadows (which it couldn't possibly be anyways!), and no matter where we were it just stood there.

After about maybe 15-20 minutes we got bored. The movement downstairs had stopped, and the ghost didn't move much. I decided to stand in front of it to measure its height. I was scared, but it wasn't moving, so I just did it. Instead in this photo I was standing there (actually I was posing quite silly), and the things arms were reached out grab me. It had finally moved, and we caught jolting towards me with its arms stretched out. We stared at the picture until we heard the front door open.

"Helloooooo?" Marc's brother had returned. He ran upstairs, yelled at us about the pizza on the floor, and went downstairs to watch TV. After that the ghost was gone, and we talked it out, and decided to resume our game.

Me, and Marc talk about it sometimes, but Travis went into denial about the whole ordeal, and prefers not to talk about it. I've been back to Marc's house since then, and we haven't been through anything since, well not me, but Marc has been through some weirder experiences since then at his brother's house.

I hope you enjoyed this story. Despite how scared we were, we reflect, and laugh about how much fun it was now.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MizLiz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

toria (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I like the story! 😊 But if anything happened to me like that, I's probably go white and faint on the ground! Tehe, well, thanks for sharing. And I to would like to see the picture...If it wasn't deleted. But oh well, things 'happen'. 😁
Hammily (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Yea! I wants to see the pictures tooz!~ But oh wellz about the pictures being deleted!~ This story is great! 😁
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Maybe you could try taking the pictures again? It would be great to see them. I don't think I could live in a house knowing that someone was murdered and stuffed into my upstairs closet! Great story!
MizLiz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Thank you!

I'm afraid since Travis has gone into denial about the whole thing, he deleted the pictures because he thought we had a copy of them. I'm terribly sorry! 😢
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Wow, that is a terrifying story! I agree, please post those pictures, we would all be really interested to see them. Thanks for the account!
vquinones5 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
That was a good story! You should post the pictures that you took. I would love to see them! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: