You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 666

Real Ghost Stories

666

 

I haven't posted anything on here for some time now, and nothing's really happened... But today something happened. Actually before this, at school, there was another encounter I had. First off, at school, I had gotten little sleep the night before. I was being kept up all night by strange sounds, but they didn't sound like anything supernatural. It sounded like pipes. But the next day in school, I realized the entire day felt like a dream, almost, because I was so tired. So I sat there, nodding off, and yes, got YELLED AT ONCE! But I noticed that the entire day, I was so tired, nothing quite seemed real. Finally toward the end of the day, I did fall asleep, but I was in the corner and nobody noticed. I looked up and noticed this guy walking around the corner of the room, and it looked like Jerry. He had the exact outfit I've always seen Jerry in. I didn't see him again after that though...

But today I was woken up by the phone. I was too tired to answer it, and I couldn't see the caller ID clearly (the phone sits facing me on the stand, right next to the bed) but I could tell it was nobody I knew. But then the answering machine picked up. It has always had the same weird voice that picks up and says we're not here. But this time, I heard another voice as it was talking. I couldn't tell anything that was being said, but it was male, and even after the "beep" I still heard him talking. The only thing I could manage to hear, at the end, was "Why won't you see me? Of course you're there, don't ignore me!" so I laughed thinking it was a wrong number. Now the phone always keeps the number displayed for a short amount of time so I kind of wondered who it was, and checked the ID. The number was 666. No joke, the caller ID displayed "666". But it didn't even keep a record of this so I have no proof. This same thing has happened before when... I ASSUME Jerry has CALLED me... But the answering machine never even records his voice on the answering machine, and when I went upstairs, there were NO NEW MESSAGES. Yet I CLEARLY heard a voice after it beeped. I had been awoken by it and I know what I heard, and SAW "666". The first time, it displayed the number "9" when I got a mystery call. Now, just "666".

Is this Jerry or something else doing this? Was that Jerry's voice I heard on the phone, or was I DREAMING? I don't even know what to think anymore. Jerry hasn't bothered me in a while, so this is new.

- Core

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CenterCore, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NoxSilverlight (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
A person can go to their online account for their cellphone carrier (possibly land line too but I wouldn't know as I've only worked for AT&T customer service for cellphones) and change their caller ID name to whatever they want. For instance they can change it to 666 if they wanted to mess with someone and use a voice distortion toy to try and scare the living s*** out of someone.

Not saying what you went through wasn't real, but this is just one possible theory to debunk what happened to you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
Ummm story posted 2007...

666 a number quite a few scholars attribute to Augustus Ceaser... Someone who would have been viewed as 'The Devil' to the Jews 'back in the day'.

I'm not sure why anyone would comment on a story this old.

Respectfully,

Rook
Laohg (8 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
666 is Satan's other name, and I am sorry but he wants your soul.
I think you sjould buy a new phone.
PS: I am an angel of man
tomboymarie1 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
If you we're born on 6/6/96 could explain why my best friend was born on 6/6/06 and gets calls like that
zaderiticulites (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
[at] Penny-
"Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

It's unclear why the specific number 666 is the number of the beast. According to few, the number 6 is the number of man because in the Bible, God created man on the sixth day. Elsewhere in the Bible (Matthew 16:23), Satan is described as being "man-centered" (as opposed to God-centered). Thus the devil's number would be a twist on man's number. This is just one theory, and the number 666 has generated plenty of debate.
Yoshian12 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Thats creepy, I was on a MAC computer at school, and it was computer 666.
Tammifire (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Maybe you could retell your experience on video and maybe walk around the house and we can probably see your reaction to maybe you feeling like you are being watched. Or you could describe something you see but we can't. Maybe he will call and you can show us the caller I'D.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I'm going to go ahead and point out again - 666 is NOT the number of the devil. It is actually a number ascociated with Caesar Nero, whose name, when you add up the letters in the hebrew alphabet, either equal 616 or 666. When treated as Hebrew numbers, the letters of Nero's name add up either to 616 or 666, representing the two devil numbers given in ancient versions of Revelation and the two ways of spelling his name in Hebrew (Nero vs. Neron Caesar). He was the true "devil" of ancient Catholic times, and many, MANY studies have been done. Read up on him some time, and you will find that the accounts of Rome burning fit, almost perfectly, with the tale in Revelation.

Hope this clears things up. **I'm agnostic, by the by, hence why I don't mind pointing this out.

Penny 😕
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
who's jerry?
That's freaky but who's Jerry?
From a previous story? It won't let me go to your profile
swwetlilangel (4 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
I would be very careful
666 is the Devils number 😢 I would not answer it or call it back
😠
SmartBoy6198 (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
i would keep an eye out because people say 666 is the devils number
bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
This was a great story and I agree, it sounds like Jerry is trying to get your attention with both the call and the number specifically.
StarGazed (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
On the 666 isn't the sign of the devil- I don't know if it is or not, but either way he's probably trying to get your attention, and I'm sure a phone number like that would.

Since you say you rarely see him, it's curious that he says you could see him but choose not to. Next time the phone rings like that- I'd pick it up, it seems to be the only way he can communicate coherently, and you might get more answers than you did with the pen/paper.

(only got to this story so far, sorry if you've tried later, love the stories so far)
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Hey there raingrl01, thank you so much for all your support! I really appreciate it! About the basement; yes, when I was a kid, a lot of my old toys and stuff were kept down there, so for a lot of reasons I would go down there, but every time, I'd get freaked out by something and run back up... Be it a face in the wall, a shifting footstep that wasn't mine, a low GROWL, even, among other things that are hard to describe... I did at last confess to my mother (who I lived with the most) about these happenings and she admits to having felt presences, but nothing to the extent that I described for her. I have yet to explain to her the theory I've devised on these experiences. Have you been able to read He is Me yet? I think you'll enjoy that one as well. Now I'm going to examine your retinue of stories:)
- Core
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Another great one Core! I think that Jerry does want to talk to you. I would try harder to communicate. Lots of luck! ❤
GhostTracker (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
This is an awesome story! I'm looking forward to read more experiences from you.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Hmm that is very odd.

Did you feel a sence of evil while all of this was going on?

If you did, then make as little contact with "Jerry" as you can!

Be safe! ❤
NewMexicoGhostHunters (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Who is Jerry? And I doubt the caller ID said 666. But if not, that is still an awsome story! 😊
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
shane I tried getting on the website and did not get anywhere. Can you double check it please. I would like to check it out
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Well well well, They have good phone reception down in hell... I wonder what phone company they're with. Omg and the cost to make that call... What is it? Couldn't be "international call" -Maybe... "Universal Call"?

ROFL! Imagine that. Kidding aside, that's freaken FREAKY! I'd run out of the house until someone got home.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
he probably wrote about jerry in another story? Lol I don't know... I thought this story was creepy
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
hi I just want to as who is jerry? You never told us who he was. Just wondering
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello CenterCore. It is true that the number '666' has nothing to do with the devil like Shane has mentioned. I have little doubt that you DO have paranormal things happening to you. However, you really need to watch more educational t.v. On these types of subjects. Such as the mark of the devil. The supposed sign of the devil, being the number '666'. It is true, what Shane says, according to researchers, archeologists and such, that the scriptures were misinterpurated. You can believe it, or you may not. That is all up to you. Go to the site that Shane has suggested. You may be enlightened! Thanks for your story. ~Shelby
CenterCore (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
I haven't gotten any calls like that lately so maybe that's a good sign. I agree, Ida know how I attracted this kind of negative attention, Jerry's been sorta my nemesis since I was a little kid, I usedta hide in my parents' closet at the age of like 4 or 5 when weird things would start to happen. I may never understand who the hell he is or what he wants but I seem to forget about these things until something else happens that stirs things up again. It gets so annoying :(
kitzy11 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
666 is not a good sign, maybe Jerry is like the devils'slave or something. You should keep an eye on him if I were you?

kitzy11 😠
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
DUDE 666 IS THE DEVILS NUMBER and jerry could be like a little spawn point for the devil and hes calling you and since its the devil the caller id went all weird and said 666 that's just really freaky
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
Pardon CC for my borrowing your story. Kulenok before making that statement I had done my homework. You may want to check out the following site www.steliart.com/angelology_fallen_archangel.html should bring some light to the subject.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
kulenok (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
Shane, Satan can just be a another name for Lucifer, there is no reason they are two different beings.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
A colleague of mine told me that his sister got a similar call a few months ago. She was too late to pick up her cell phone, but the number for the miscall was 666. The phone company (we have only one) was baffled as they stated that it was not possible for someone to be calling with such a number.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Hey C.C. Sorry dude, I couldn't take the demons and devil thing anymore. I meant to comment on your story earlier, but I got side tracked. I was beginning to wonder myself if someone wasn't playing a trick on you with the phone. I too had seen the bored.com thing as Miranda. I believe you are having some trouble with a spirit, but I think one of your buddies you told your story to is having you on with the phone. The issue with Jerry, well I am not totally sure about that one yet. I need to go back and re-read your stories again to bring me back up to speed. I will let you know what I think is happening before long. But just in case don't let me forget to get back with you, us old dudes sometimes suffer from oldtimers diease you know. Later.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: