You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is Just My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Just My Imagination?

 

I live in a house on Galena dr. but I only go there for the weekends. I also live in an apartment with my mom and it's small so I have no worries, but when I'm in a big space it's creepy and gives me this strange feelings. My step dads home was built about 37 years ago when he was born, so that makes it old and maybe haunted. To get to the point, these strange happenings just started recently and now I can't go into a dark area alone. When I was going to my room I thought someone was in the bathroom because I heard the toilet flush and the door is broken, so we can't close it, so I said I was coming up but when I got up there, no one was there, which creeped me out. Then, when I was watching tv in the family room next to the computer room, I saw the door open slightly so I thought it was the cats because I have 4 of them but, no, the cats were all up stairs. Then, the tv turned on by it self right after I turned it off. Then the cats were acting weird and kept staring up the stairs as if someone was there. And today the light in the master bedroom kept flickering. Though this was longer ago, the light in my room went out by it self. And all this happened in one house. Tell me do you think this place is haunted or is just my imagination?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angeline newlan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

birdoys (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
I believe that there could be a possible manfestation in your house, though so far it has only been a bit cheeky, I probably means no harm and will just leave if you ignore it.
hayley308 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Also I forgot to say, the T.v may be a fault, but it could still be paranormal. When it first started happening in my house I thought it was a fault, but we got a new tv and it still happened. And not long after it did it on my upstairs tv's. Also my lights flicker, which I put down to fault. But it eventually stopped, and now when wierd stuff tend to happen E.g hearing noises, tvs turning themselves on it sometimes starts flickering again.
hayley308 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
No. I think its a ghost. Its allways happening to my house. Also my cat is the same. She stares in the same way she does if someone there and she runs round hissing and making growling noises and chasing nothing. And she sits in my room at night while I'm trying to sleep looking up,down,left,right as if someone is moving! Really scared me: (
nimrod (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
from my experiences with cats, they stare intently at something that they are interested in. It's possible that something was appearing and the cats saw it.
the TV thing has happened to me before, and it wasn't paranormal. It was my fault for accidently hitting the button twice and quickly. It happens.
unfortunately, most of your occurances can be proved.
there's a chance it's paranormal. I suggest a little bit of research on the location of the house. Maybe something happened there.
who knows
yoshie257 (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
i think hanted cause the mouse would get eletricuted and toilet would make handle move ment sound it might be hanted
j.t. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
i strongly believe in ghosts but your stories sound like nothing out of the ordinary to me. Just make sure it isn't paranormal, have a medium come in and investigate. You are young I assume, this may be your imagination. Young kids do tend to make things up, heck my son does it all the time!
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
JW, the comment you made about blowin bulbs is so true. Me and two of my coven members walked into a herbal store. Almost as soon as we got to the counter half of his store went black. We blew half of his store. He said he has never met anyone so powerful. Not bragging, well, maybe a little bit.
this paragraph almost sounded kind of perverted. Or is it just me?
sam (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
I do agree with you 2, but the cats staring is a bit worrying. Cats can see ghost when humans cant, DONT PANIC! If there are noises upstairs then cats can be interested to what's making them, but being too scared to explore. If your cats are able to breed then the crazyness may be explained with a passion for love.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
I have to agree with shane and JW. All the occurences that you have described can all be explained with rational logic. That doesn't mean its paranormal. I would like to add that having such fears as you described can only make matters worse. The fear you feel causes your mind to notice little tiny occurences that you would usually blow off as nothing. You need to remember that even if something paranormal was in your house, it would be nothing to be scared of. Check out the other possibilites and if you find that there is no other explanation beside a ghost in you house let us know. I have a couple things I could share with you that might ease your mind. Good luck and keep us posted!
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
Let's see first go on an adventure and investigate your house and what might be causing all those nuisances.

Ask your parents to help you make any needed repairs to see if it takes care of them.

You might want to write down the dates of how long your light bulbs last. If there is an electrical problem your parents may want to call in an electrician. After all that, if there might be some electrical outages and flickering, it might well be you. Sometimes people who are alive can put off their own energy and cause electrical appliances and bulbs to go off and on or flicker. For some it is bad during the teen years and may settle down in later years with age. I know I still blow out electrical appliances and bulbs. In fact I just blew out a bulb last night and it wasn't very old. My parents and I have learned to keep a lot of bulbs on hand.

Check the obvious and then suspect the less obvious, and then check again. If nothing applies then check to see if it is paranormal.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
I get the impression you are very young Angeline, uhmm, not more than 12 I think. Just because something is old doesn't make it haunted. Heck I am older than your dad's house and I'm not haunted, at least I don't think I am. Am I? Nah, can't be. Sorry old timers diease there. Just kidding with you to lighten the mood. First thing I would recommend you do is to start off by finding out if what you have experienced may not have every day causes. Lights flickering can be because of bad wiring or a mouse chewing on the line. The toliet flushing could have been caused by a bad seal allowing water to flow into the bowl. If you find that these don't explain what you experienced then start investigating the paranormal as a possiblity. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: