You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Ghost Strangling

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Strangling

 

When I was about nine years old, I remember waking in the early hours of the morning, about 3am, and was completely paralyzed. I was extremely hot and sweating all over. My room was in the attic of our house and I had my own staircase to my room, I knew something was coming up those stairs, and at my doorway, I suddenly saw a dark figure, it was a man's outline. I couldn't move and I couldn't scream either, he came closer and all of a sudden I felt my bed go down at the side, as if someone had sat down on it. I could see him next to me and his hand reached out to my throat, I couldn't breath and I remember screaming for my mother, but no words would come out. I began crying not only because of the pain, but also the fact I was trying so hard to speak or scream but nothing would come out. I became very hot and panicked as it lasted a good 3 minutes. I actually thought I was going to die. All of a sudden, it stopped and pulled away, it must have left. When I look back on it now, I believe someone must have interfered with the entity for it to have stopped suddenly like it did. Possibly one of my guardian angels or guides. I now feel very protected by them as it hasn't happened again.

What's interesting is around the same time, when I was about nine, I remember seeing a young soldier wearing a helmet and holding his rifle walk through my bedroom quite often, it could have quite possibly been the same man, or else my house was just very haunted!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilolivia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

cjyhc (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
when reading this story it brought tears to my eyes. This happened to me word for word. It started when I was nine and continued until I was 11. My parents didn't believe me and eventually I stoped staying at home. I acted out and made my parents kick me out at a young age cause there was no other way of convincing them of why we have to move. I pretty much lived on my own by the time I started highschool. When I would visit home I can feel some one walking right behind me all the time, and watch objects move. By that time I thought I was crazy and shouldnt mention it to anyone any more and would just watch it happen while carrying ona convo with who ever... My parents still live there and I won't ever go back. They still don't believe me. I'm 25 now and still have a fear in the pit of my soul. At last I can find others who had the same experiance... I feel more sane... What is it... And why does it happen... Is there any reason for that... I thought ghost can't hurt u...? Does any one have answers it would help me finaly put this dark part of my life behind me.
leroy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
Wow, that has happen to me a lot of times... At my old apartment and trust meeh , you can't move at all and you can't scream or do anything , but my wife sleep with me and everytime that happens my little pinky scratchies her to wake me up. And she knoes to wake me up... That's why we move out
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
i want to say thanks very much for telling this yea a lot of time you can tell your parents and they didn't believe you. I had a lot of things happen to me when I was a child. I tryed to tell my dad he said go back to bed.
Hillary (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
That has happened to me before also... Well getting strangled part... I tried to tell my parents but they didn't believe me... And I tried to breath and scream but like you said nothing came out... I was so scared and I was paralyzed for 3 hours in my room until morning hit. I was so scared... But all you can do is pray to jesus and say to the ghose or whatever it is "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST..." say that about 3 times... God will protect you from there!
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
Look at my story, History with Sleep Paralysis. That is what your story sounds like to me. Take care.
Carmen (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
That sounds a lot like the phenomena called sleep paralysis. Researchers think that it has a lot to do with many alien abduction reports, but a lot of people have symptoms like you, paralysis, lurking figure on bed, and suffocation. Creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: