You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts

 

Let me start by saying that I don't believe or disbelieve in ghosts. I've had no personal experiences with ghosts or the paranormal. Other then a few typical déjà-vu episodes I've lived a paranormal free life. I'm 47 years old divorced with 3 grown daughters and 2 young granddaughters. I've chosen this forum to ask my question because I'm too embarrassed to talk to anyone that I know about this issue.

I've never seen a ghost or mist, but I am surrounded by "white orbs" whenever I'm at home. I never see these orbs away from home. About 2 or 3 months after first seeing these orbs I started experiencing all kinds of electronic problems. I have a laptop and a desktop computer that have multiple issues (beyond normal comp. Problems). Specifically my laptop is incredibly temperamental (yeah, I know that sounds weird). The mouse on my laptop seems to have a mind of its own and, yesterday I was fed up and said "go for it". I threw my hands up in the air and just gave up. The computer really went crazy... All kinds of sites were coming up. None of the sites made sense to me. Then I got angry and thought to myself STOP... I AM IN CONTROL HERE! YOU WILL NOT EFFECT ME IN THIS WAY! And everything was normal; I didn't have another problem the rest of the day.

Now, it seems if even the "orbs" are listening to me. If I don't want to see them I just mentally direct them away and they leave.

Every one of my dreams is about weird stuff that I can't make sense of. In every dream that I can remember, I'm in an old house (in the basement) and I see someone in a uniform walking toward the house and I'm relieved but something always happens to cause panic. I don't know what's happening, but something has changed. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dajudge1962, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
For some reason I get the feeling that this person in uniform is coming to this house with bad news... Possibly that a loved one has perished in a war or battle... The panic that you feel could be the realization of the situation... My uncle, who passed away last week, was a veteran of the Viet-Nam war... He had 5 purple hearts... My Grandma began to dread the sight of the uniformed officer at her door, as she knew he was there with news concerning my uncle, and she would always be relieved to find out that he was wounded and not killed, (though ultimately, scar tissue in his lungs from the worst wound is what caused his death, 40 years later)...Maybe one or more of your orbs were in the military, or were related to someone who was?...I would suggest finding a reliable medium to assist them in crossing over...

I'm also wondering what some of the sites were?...Did they have anything to do with the world wars or any American conflicts?...Also, do you know anyone in the military, or are you related to someone who died in a war?...

I find this story very interesting... Please keep us posted... And I've said it before: You're not crazy! 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
All good advise below, just to add a little, if your having the same dream over and over there could be a reason, this person in uniform, is it the same person? Maybe this person has not entered your life yet? Maybe this dream is a projection of your own insecuritys? Maybe you feel a need to be rescued, are you finacially secure, don't mean to be to personal but a repeating dream often means something.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
And let ME start out by saying I am GLAD you neither believe, nor disbelieve. That makes the experience so much better, as it will have you looking for answers, and not just assuming either way.
I need to echo hobbyholly and say please do not be embarrassed by any of this. How is one to learn if they are uncomfortable in asking questions?
It really sounds as if you have everything under control. You telepathically speak, and it responds. Not exactly the way you would wish for it to, but it still listened.
IF your problem has to do with these "pesky orbs" (which, by the by, do you see these with your naked eye?) what is your question, or questions?
Wa-do.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
This is a very interesting story. Sometimes spirits will appear to people as orbs of light because either the person is not able to see them in their true form, or there is just not enough energy for them to manifest. With all your computer and electrical problems it seems like they are trying to use these things to communicate with you. You already know that something strange is going on, now you just need to find out what it is. Try getting some evp's. Any type of voice recorder will do. Start asking some questions when you see the orbs. The device will record the voice even if you can not hear it with your own ears. Your dreams might be connected to what these orbs are trying to tell you as well. I hope I was able to help you out a little. Good luck, and keep us posted. 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
First of all: Don't be embarrassed. You have valid questions. Hopefully you'll get sound advice on this forum (which has been lacking lately).

I don't have experience with orbs but I have encounter my computer (a Mac) having a "mind of its own". I usually chalk it up to glitches. But in your case the orbs may be connected

In your dream does the house or person in uniform look familiar at all? Familiar in "real life"? What happens that causes such panic? Also: if you don't mind me asking where in Illinois is this taking place? I live in Illinois and have an interest in anything paranormal happening in my state.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: