You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Have I Met My Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Have I Met My Guardian Angel?

 

This was not my first paranormal experience, but it was the first time what seemed like a ghost actually touched me. First off, I've believed in spirits and ghosts my whole life, because my family seems to have a trend in ghostly encounters. I always hoped I would never have to experience one myself, and I'm not even sure if what happened to me was a genuine ghost experience. This is what happened...

Two nights ago, I was lying in my bed, sleeping, and I was having one of those dreams that you have as soon as you drift off to sleep. Except in this dream I was just lying on my bed, on my side, looking into my dark room, as if I wasn't sleeping at all. Then I felt what seemed like a person made out of feathers slowly descend onto me. It put it's head on my head and began to sort of cradle my face. As soon as this happened I snapped my eyes open, and it was still there. I watched it drift into the ceiling. The moment after I felt terrified, but then I got an overwhelming sense of peace, as if it was comforting me or protecting me, and I was not scared and fell right back to sleep.

What did it look like? From what I remember it was all dark, I remember seeing some red, long hair, and either a hat or a hood.

Of course I've been thinking about what it could have been in place of a ghost or angel, and I've considered sleep paralysis, mostly because for the last two months I've been feeling uneasy when trying to fall asleep, and I believed I saw things in my room. Now that I physically felt it, I don't know what to think. Also, my mom told me that my Meme's ashes were in our house for almost a week, about 5 years ago, and also about 5 years ago, my sister admitted to using a homemade Ouija board.

It's very uncomfortable to think about and I can't sleep in my room, and I have difficulty sleeping anywhere else as well. I just want to know what was responsible for this, my mind playing tricks or someone from the other side.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Apple, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Apple: my oldest son is the same as you... He knows and accepts the paranormal, but it gives him the willies! 😆...A lot of the things that go on in my home happen with him around, and I think it's because my ghosties get such a reaction from him... They like to tease him! 😆...I think it could just be the feeling of being watched that freaks you out... That is a creepy feeling from a live person, not to mention from a spirit that you can't always see!...But as long as you feel comforted (eventually!) I don't think there's anything to worry about... Keep doing what you're doing, and let them know that you only want them there if their intentions are good, otherwise they can take a hike!...My son's like you also, in that movies will creep him out for days, and they don't bother the rest of us... Just so you know, you're not alone in that respect...

Aussie: Thanks for the promo plug!...Apple, Aussie has really great stories also!...
Apple (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
to DeviousAngel: yes, red hair does happen to run in my family, and I am part Irish. I figured it would have been a family member I knew well, I never thought about an ancestor, that's interesting.

Valeria555: yes I honestly don't think it was a bad spirit, I'm just a little uneasy and also curious to know who/what it was.

Zzsgranny: I find the paranormal really interesting, but obviously it creeps me out aswell. I'm a Roman Catholic, and it does make me feel better to pray and ask whatever it is to go away, but at the same time I want to know what it's purpose is...

Aussiedaz: funny you say that, because I just watched the exorcist with my boyfriend, and my grandmother mentioned that watching those movies can bring bad spirits, or just mess with your head, but I really don't think the spirit was bad at all. Also, I had the uneasy feeling before watching the movie.

Also thanks for all of your opinions
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
I think this gaurdian angel is trying to help you overcome your fear, by showing itself to you. You said the last 2 months you have been feeling uneasy, negative feelings atract negative energys, take comfort in knowing there's a angel watching over you, avoid reading demon storys they will give you plenty of negative feelings, I get the feeling you have been reading a couple, good luck and god bless.
Aussie
P.S I reccomend to read some of zzsgranny stories
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Apple: This doesn't sound like s.p. To me... I think you were visited by your guardian angel or spirit... And it may have only seemed to be "dark", spirits that appear dark aren't always evil or bad... You haven't mentioned your religious backround, but I would suggest using the tools of your belief to combat your fear of sleeping in your room... I really don't think there is anything to fear though... You may just be uncomfortable with the thought of the paranormal...

Zishu: Do you mean that your angel would tell you and you would tell Apple?...
Valeria555 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
sounds wonderful. It does sound like and angel or guide of some sort. I have had beings touch my face while I'm asleep. They caress my forehead, like a mother does to her child. They also sit on my bed and I can feel the bed compress. It's always a good feeling, as if I'm being watched over and protected.
I believe they are angels.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Zishu, that's odd...I've never heard of angels regularly conversing with people, only ghosts and demons. You might want to be careful there.

Apple, it's possible that the person protection you was either your spirit guide or an ancestor. Is there any way that you can do some research on your lineage and find out if you had anyone with red hair in your family? Do you have any Irish heritage?
Apple (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
so you're saying you could tell me if it was my Gaurdian Angel or not?
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Zishu do you talk to your guardian angel or spirit guide? I would like to know the different between a conversation with your angel and guide.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Well I'd like for you to send me an email in my profile, tell me your full name, so my Angel can tell you if that is your Angel or that that visited you. No Joke here
The ouija board could of opened up a portal in your house, that can cause many bad things. It is my belief that demons cause sleep paralysis.
God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: