You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits Don't Like Alcoholic Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Don't Like Alcoholic Spirits

 

The night started with a fight with my girlfriend over attending a party at my friend Kyle's house, with the result being that we would attend the party if I did not drink due to the fact that my girlfriend was too scared to drive on the narrow back roads where my friend's farm was located. We arrived at the party around 11pm; everyone was at the bon fire about 100 yards behind his house. Being a bigger guy at the time I thought that I was at least able to drink 2-3 beers and still be ok to drive on the narrow roads and avoid the cops since Kyle lived on side farming roads 10 miles outside of town.

The party was in full swing I decided to sneak off into the house and have a beer without my girlfriend realizing I was gone. I got 1 beer down and returned to the bon fire. 10 minutes later I had the urge to have one or two more "which really means 4-5" I returned to the house grabbed 3 beers and was just about to open the first one when I heard people coming into the house, assuming it was my girlfriend looking for me I ran out the front door to the porch of the house to slam back the beers. I opened the beer but on doing so I felt something grab my hand and hold it on the bottle. I tried to pull my hand off but it was like something wouldn't let me take it off the bottle " the best I can describe the feeling is that it felt like something magnetic was forcing my hands on the bottle" after 10-20 seconds of trying to use my hand I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack. Right at the point of yelling for help "thinking I needed medical attention" my hand got loose again. I dropped the beers and ran back into the house.

While in the house I had a strange feeling that I shouldn't be in the house or even at that party, almost like a feeling of something was happening or about to happen. At that point I just wanted to go home "still thinking I had a small tremor or stroke" which didn't make sense being that I am a very athletic and in a shape guy.

As I drove down the road I noticed flashing lights ahead. It was a ride program " ride program = cops catching drunk drivers" which in 23 years of living in my small town. I had never seen police so far out on the back roads, it was unheard of. I went through the check with no problem and arrived home.

The next day I called my buddy Kyle and asked him if any weird things ever happened to him or his family since they just moved into the farm house 2 years prior. At which point he told me that his mom "who was a solid church going farm girl" said that she has had many run ins with the spirits at their farm house. She explained that the spirits were in no way bad and that the previous owners had the farm as a getta way from their busy medical lives. The people that lived at the farm before were 2 doctors that treated alcoholics and people with addiction in the 1960's. At this point I had to talk to Kyle's mom, lucky for me she was home, she went on to tell me that she has seen the two previous owners "who died in 1991" at the barn and sitting on the front porch of the house "right where I would have chugged my 2 beers" she went on to say that the spirits would leave little reminders "nothing scary" to remind the family that they shared the house.

Was it them who grabbed my hand as to warn me of the ride program that I may have got busted at?

After that I changed my outlook on drinking and driving and attended college for police foundations and never drank and drove again. Did I mention that 4 of my friends lost their licenses for driving while intoxicated?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mags519, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
It sounds like they was dedicatied to their work. Or maybe it was yours or your girlfriends guardian angel keeping you from killing both of you in a firey inferno of blood sizzling screaming agony. Dang. That kind of made me want a steak and tator.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-03)
hi I really enjoyed your story, the spirit were good ones and they taught your a thing or two, cheers di
pianoqueen (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
Wow! That's amazing. And I'm glad you took the warning to heart and stopped drinking and driving.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
I agree with James in regards to the male ego thing!... Good to see you made a positive outcome out of a potential disaster, your story displays the hindsight of wisdom with the intervention of the supernatural,
Cheers mate 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-30)
Wow I enjoyed reading this story very much! Their spirits sensed your "need" to chug down 2 or 3 beers and decided to lend a helping hand one more time. It's good to hear that some doctors continue to help even when they have passed. I'm also happy that you walked away from this experience with a different outlook on drinking and driving. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Mags519: Hahaha how very thoughtful of them you don't hear to many cases like this, there should be more of them.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Mags519--You deserve a helluva lotta credit for using the experience to be a better man. Us guys like to shake things off and keep ignoring even concrete warnings, just so we can keep doing what we want to. Thank God not all spirits are demons!

Kudos and best success with your counselling work.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Also aaaaalllllll of the adults who do this on a regular basis. Not only did they possibly save your life but the lives of someone else.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
wooah! A responsible, morally conscious ghost! We need ghosts like that to take care of the erring teens that go about knocking things out of their way driving after drinking...LOL! 😆
Irishlasie (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
thanks a mil for sharing, I'm an x drunk myself and drove home nearly every night pissed. I wouldn't have minded an experience like that. Would have saving me a lot of agro. This ghost could have saved yours and your girlfriends life. So make sure to thank your blessings ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: