You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ring Around My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Ring Around My Room

 

This story is part my mother's experience and part mine. One day, I can't exactly remember when, all I know is that I was in high school and my mother was down stairs folding laundry in the room under mine. That room used to belong to my late Grandparents and after they died my little brother decided he wanted that room. So anyways there's mom folding laundry and she heard thumping coming from my room. She thought I was ditching school again... I was notorious for ditching class whether mom was home or not.

So she moved in to the next room which happens to be below her room and again she hears thumping like someone was jumping around like a maniac! Yet again she thought it was me being stupid. Lol, I know. So this goes on for what she told me was a good half hour. Finally I walked in the door and walked down stairs to ask my mom something. She said "Damn it Sarah! Stop ditching school! Your dad is going to kick your butt if he finds out!" I gave her a weird look and pointed to my backpack and said "Ma, where the hell did you think I was all day?" Then I started hearing the thumping in my room. I said "Ma, who is in my room?" She looked like she was going to just die! She told me what was happening.

I started sneaking up the stairs with a hockey stick thinking someone broke in. As I turned the corner to go up the second flight of stairs I heard little girls giggling. I stopped and kept listening and started hearing 'ring around the rosie'. Mom happen to have told the lady next door what was going on and she did some research and came back telling us that a little girl used to live in my house and that her and her friend both died in a car crash in the 70's. We still live in this house and I wish I could remember where that lady found this info. But as I have said in a previous story, there's not any shortage of odd happenings in this house. I will post more experiences later.

Other hauntings by Sarah-Sadist

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah-Sadist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Oh I'm sure the little girl means no harm, I have grown used to sharing a room with her lol I used to leave some toys out for her, just in case. I don't mind having her around 😁 It was just freaky at first to have that happen. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Granny? According to http://nicolaa5.tripod.com/articles/rosie.html:
---"Ring around the Rosie"--refers to a red mark, supposedly the first sign of the plague
---"A pocket full of posies"-- refers to sachets of herbs carried to ward off infection
---"Ashes, ashes" --either a reference to the cremation of plague victims or to the words said in the funeral Mass..."Ashes to ashes, dust to dust." Sometimes line three is rendered as "Atischoo, atischoo"--sneezing, another sign of infection.
---"We all fall down." -- The Plague was not selective in its victims; both rich and poor, young and old, succumbed."
BUT, Jack Campin [a folklorist, an archivist of folklore, and an folklore columnist, with the now "folded" (sorry, could NOT pass up the pun) ] Sunday Express, in St. John's, UK. Has a vastly different view. His idea's are far too many to post here, so if anyone is interested: http://tafkac.org/misc/ring_around_the_rosie.html
Wado (Thank you)
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
Hi;
Thank you for this post. I feel that it's low level demonic harassment. Demons can pretend to be human souls; in fact, they frequently do so. I'd have Catholic Holy water handy. The thumping and childish giggling are fairly common, as are frightful sights / images, cold spots, intrusive thoughts, nightime whisperings, scratchings, screams, etc. They normally flee when the names of Jesus and Mary are said, but it's often a bit more complicated. I wish you well - take care. No pressure, but if you want to email me, feel free. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
cory_m: so true:
Ring around the rosie: what the sore from the plague begins as

Pocket full of posies: some believed that by carrying a certain type of flower (somebody help me here) in their pocket, it would keep them from getting sick

Ashes, ashes,: they burned the dead to prevent the spread of the disease, sometimes the air was full of ashes, like fallout

We all fall down: pretty self-explanitory

But, I don't know that children are always privvy to that information, and it may have just been innocent...
cory_m (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
I would be Worried if you heard that song... As its all about Death, by the Black Plague.

Ring around the Rosie
Pocket Full of Posies
Ashes, Ashes
We All Fall Down...

They were original lyrics (got changed in britan years back due to it being a song about death).
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
In my opinion, yes it could be the dead little girl. She knows that she is already dead but she is waiting for her love one, her mom maybe. If she doesn't bother you then I think she could stay, but if she is, you might want to lay down rules.

Keep us posted.

❤
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
Well there could just be a simple explanation that as this little girl died, she is now living there with you. It doesn't sound like anything bad has happened to you, so, so far you have no need to worry, I guess just be aware that you have a spitit in your house. I guess with her being in your room that's where she used to sleep.

As I gather from other stories and from general ideas that children can be very playful; the banging for example, her playing upstairs. So if things go missing and turn up, it could very well be her.

The fact that she is singing could mean that she does know that she is dead, and that she in content with her spiritual state, but then again it could mean that she doesn't know, but I think that if she doesn't know she would sound more distrssed.

Hope this helps, cheers for posting your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: