You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Of Cape Cod

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Cape Cod

 

This is a true ghost experience that happened to my dad when he had gone to Cape Cod years ago. I am telling it how he told me.

He was fishing one night on Nauset Beach, or Nauset Light beach, I can't remember which one. He said it was the perfect night to be fishing, a full moon, apart from one couple no one else there and it was just so relaxing. He was having a nice time when he realized that who he thought was a couple down the shore was actually a woman. She kept shaking this blanket, and wouldn't stop. He thought there just must have been a lot of bugs out where she was. The fishing was still going great, but then he decided it was time to head back to the house. He got all his fishing gear along with all his other stuff and headed up the stairs to his car. He remembers that he knew the woman was walking behind him so he stepped aside to let her pass-but no one was there. He thought nothing of it, until a few weeks later when he was watching a show about Cape Cod hauntings.

The show mentioned the ghost of Goody Hallett, the girl who danced around shaking a blanket waiting for her husband to return home, on the same exact beach my dad was on. They say she comes out in front of people who don't know of her and who aren't looking for her, and that just happened to be my dad this time. Also, she only comes out on full moons they say, and as I mentioned before, there was a full moon. As soon as my dad saw this on TV he freaked out!

Are any of you interested in Goody Hallett, or any other Cape Cod Hauntings?

I went there this summer and nothing paranormal happened to me.

Feel free to comment and tell me what you think.

Other hauntings by crf1997

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crf1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Thanks for all the good feedback guys, I'm glad you're interested in these old local ghost stories as much as I am:)
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Great Story! I also enjoyed reading the tale of Goody... Thank U
Phantom380 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
My family vacations in Cape Cod. I actually am familiar with the story of Goody Hallett but never thought much of it. It's just one of those a million and one local ghost stories. When I read this it gave me chills a little.

Also "Hallett" is a very common last name in that area. I've met probably 20 Halletts in my years there.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Very interesting story. I can imagine how surprised your Dad must have been when he found out that he actually saw a ghost! Thank you for the link, I will definitely be checking it out. 😊 😉
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
crf1997,
Thanks for an honest to goodness ghost story, we need more like this.
I think you did your father proud with this story. 😊
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
wtf? What drugs are you on, scarey22? Ruin a perfectly good story with your holy-than-thou crap! Anyway, ignoring what that holy fool wrote, this story puts me in mind of a ghost story I heard about some bay in Victoria (Australia) where there's a woman's ghost that wanders the track... I don't know much about that one but this one wasn't bad... Except for that stupid comment that the Holy Fool put up
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
As HazMan mentioned a good old fashioned ghost story, these sometimes are the best ones to hear. Definitely going to check out that link sounds quite interesting.

Thanks for sharing crf1997.

Dan
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
I say that everyone can't experience Ghost. A person see Ghost when Ghost want to reveal themselve to that particular person.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
crf1997: Wow, thanks for the link 😊...That was really cool... I love reading about stuff like that...But, "I luv me pirate hearties! ARRR!" 😆...

I think your dad saw her because, like you say, he wasn't expecting to...It's always great when a sighting is confirmed, specially by a TV program...

ARRR! ❤
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=138776.0 Here is the background about Maria "Goody" Hallett.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
Ah, finally- a good ol' fashioned ghost story. No incubi or succubi or anything of the sort. I love ghosties.

Nice story, well written. Short, but sweet. I'm from the west coast, so I'm none too familiar with the story of Goody Hallett. I take it it's local, correct? Any background information on Goody would be great, I'd like to know more about how these hauntings came about.

In any case, I enjoyed the story and look forward to hearing any info on this tale as well as reading any other stories you may have in the future.
huendchen (49 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
Scary22, please go back and finish high school before posting any more gibberish! Yikes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: