You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Slave Chains?

Real Ghost Stories

Slave Chains?

 

I am starting to be more and more perceptive to the spirit world each month. Since I was very young, I could have picked up on entities that my neighbours could not. Some of my experiences are good and bad. But I am still in the process of learning still. After all, I may never know everything.

These nights I am hearing constant chains dragging outside. At times the chain noises will come with wailings. Now I know that the area I live in use to be a slave plantation, so I figured that there may be restless spirits out there still. Like my experience with the Amerindian warrior, I usually hear sounds before I can see them manifest into an actual being. So I am patiently waiting to see the apparitions that are making these sounds. I am not too sure if they know that I can hear them. I am a little nervous I must say, since the whole village was a slave plantation. So I do not know how many apparitions I will see. But I will try my uttermost best to guide them to peace.

The other thing is they may not be slaves. My neighbours say that the sounds can be that of a Loup Garou/Ligahoo. This is a person who can shape shift. In Trinidadian folklore, it is said that this person is a slave that can shape shift into a werewolf. He usually drags chains along with a coffin. Now I am not going to that extreme in believing that until I see the apparitions manifest for myself.

I will keep you all updated.

Other hauntings by Rashidah

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashidah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Thank you for your comments on my experiences darkcookie ❤

The sounds come and go. I guess that is how some hauntings are.
darkcookie (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
my grandmother who I was never very close to experienced the same thing every night for some time the other people who lived in the house would only last a few days she went for (I think) 3 months
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Thank you Cosmogal ❤

Whitebuffalo

My observations with the chains were;
They will occur at 11:00pm.
I did not note the moon phases or the weather. But the air will have a depressive field around it.

What I sensed from the sounds is that the 'owners' are just passing through the yard.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
No, no, now do not go thinking about "should have's".
No biggie, really.
Seeing as to how you live in a Vally, "narrowing down" what you have encountered may be a bit more easy.
MAY be. *smiling* Next time you hear it, and if you choose to investigate it, just keep in mind that the sounds may be bouncing around in there.
Take it slow. You KNOW where your strengths lie, call on THOSE strengths (you DO know what I am referring to, right?). Use ALL of your talents, and not just one (hearing). Sometimes, what we "feel" in the air at the TIME of an Unexplained Encounter will tell us MUCH MORE than the encounter itself.
The nights that you hear these chains, is there a commonality to any of them? Same weather, moon phase, time of night? If they are consistently the same, I would have to say that was a residual haunt (no ghost present).
If there is a variation, take notes. The "clues" as to what this may be, may BE in those variations.
Such as... Sun up may be slaves heading off to their perspective duties (I am grabbing at straws for examples, as I truly do not KNOW). Sun DOWN may be "hunting" time (again, I do not KNOW, just trying to give an example).
One step at a time. That is the best way to "ease" in.
Thank you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Hey Rashidah, glad to see you posted another story. 😊 This has a very creepy feel to it. I would be so scared to even look for fear of what I might see. I wish you the best of luck in finding out what it is and look forward to reading about your progress. ❤
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
[at] Darkness
I meditate everyday. That helps in keeping my senses alert to the paranormal.

[at] DC
It was spooky at first, but after awhile I got use to the sounds.

[at] WhiteBuffalo
It is concrete now. But I misunderstood your last post for I was not aware that you were talking about the materials in my yard. I did not know that these materials pertained to the paranormal.

And yes I do live in the valley. I should have investigated the chain sounds more in depth. I have slipped on that one. But I will do that as soon as possible as to rule out any other causes of the sounds.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Right, totally understood Rashidah.
What I meant was, is it concrete, packed dirt, grassland...?
For SOME reason, concrete and such man made materials seem to "hold on to" residual...things, and there are SOME natural (shale, for example) substances that ALSO retain an...image...of the past. Not necessarily only SOUND.
Vast areas of wide open meadow tends to "carry" sounds. Vally's seem to "bounce" sound. Mountains seem to "tin" sound.
I am sorry, apparently I took for granted that through our past communications you would have understood what I meant by my first post there. Upon re-reading it, I see that the "translation" may have been all in denial that such a thing be possible, and that is TRULY not what I meant.
Thank you.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Rashidah!,
Whats up girlfriend? This is some spooky stuff, sounds of chains would give me the 'willies', or goosebumps, whichever you choose. Knowing it was a slave plantation is pretty much pointing in that direction of slave chains. Please let us know when something does happen. 😐

[at] ghost-luver101, Are you on drugs or what?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
I enjoyed your story Rashidah, may I ask what exercises are you currently doing to make yourself more perceptive to the spiritual world? I like to hear of other peoples routines for this. 😊 I think you will eventually get to witness this spirit manifested one day and I look forward to hearing about it.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
There are many who have encountered that being in my area a long time ago. I personally have not.

But the ground outside is suppose to be normal at those late hours in the night. When I look outside I see nothing. Just hear the sounds. Unless my neighbors have decided to drag chains for some reason in the middle of the night around the neighborhood.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
True that, BadJuuJuu. Very true. I must agree with that.

But that is why I said "I, Personally."

I have never encountered such a folklore type being.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
I wouldn't toss out the idea of loup garou just yet. One thing I've come to realize in the last few months, the world is stranger than I once believed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
In Folklore.
The Loup Garou/Ligahoo is DEEP in Folklore.
Werewolves. Also folklore.
Myth.
Could NOT be that. I personally would think no further on that particular theory.
However, what is the ground like right outside? The actual ground. There ARE some "sounds" that can bring to mind dragging chains, if in the right conditions.
Thank you.

Ghost luver? WHERE the HADES in the "Deep USA" is Slavery still going on? DO tell us the name of that book. I believe it all to be in fiction, my friend.
Rashidah (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
I will BaJuuJuu ❤

Ghost-luver101

Can you give us a link as to where you found slavery in the deep USA? Or do you mean Human Trafficking? 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
Deep USA? Where precisely is deep USA? Never heard of the place.
Rashidah, very intriguing account. Keep us posted on how this turns out. ❤

This comment from ghost-luver101 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: