You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Israefel

Real Ghost Stories

Israefel

 

Now, before I start this, you might want to go and read my other story "Scary Black Mass" to be able to keep up with what happened in this story.

This started about a year or so ago, and was very strange. I see ghosts and spirits at my school since they sort of cling to the area (I researched it, and the land had had a few murderers back during the Gold-rush on the location), and it doesn't really bother me. I usually just shut them out and ignore them. Sometimes it's hard and I'll see something, and sure, it freaks me out, but I don't really mind.

I have a few "spiritually-sensitive" friends, especially one of my other friends, whom we call Stargirl. She's really sweet and Christian, and even though I'm Pagan, she doesn't try to religion-shove me or anything. Stargirl doesn't see things as often as I do, but, she still can see them on occasion. We'll chat about anything, and we're very open to each other. Then, one day when I came to school, she told me there was this weird guy that didn't look like the "norm" of the ghosts around. I told her that I'd keep an eye out for him, and we headed off for P.E.

Now, I'm going to describe my school a little bit so it can give you a bigger picture of where it happened. There are a few make-shift classrooms to the far left behind the main building, right next to an abandoned elementary, and then a large blacktop with a few benches and basketball courts behind the main building, then to the far-right are another few make-shift classrooms.

So, I was in the P.E. Classroom on the far-left and the teacher told me to take a note to one of the other teachers on the far-right. I groaned because I didn't want to walk all that way for a small note, but I listened anyways and went on my way.

I passed the small baseball-diamond behind the blacktop and saw a man sitting on the bench. Now, don't get me wrong, the teachers at my school aren't all old hags or anything, but they're not exactly the youngest either. But the strange thing about the man was that he looked like he was in his early 20's. I already knew he was really weird by the energy he was giving off, but he almost had an authoritative air about him. He had messy black hair about down to his shoulders, dark brown eyes, an earring through his left ear that had an angel wing dangling from a chain on it, and a white suit with a purple tie. He also had a scarf around his neck that was purple and that had golden crosses at the bottom.

I figured that he belonged to someone else and was their angel and was sort of interested, so I kind of smiled and waved, and planned to go on my way. But he kept smiling at me. And pointed behind me. I automatically turned, and there was nothing there. I turned back, and he was gone. This confused the crap outta me, but I went on my way. I planned to tell Stargirl that I had seen him, but I had forgotten.

A few weeks later, my sister and I were the only ones at our house. The black thing had still been terrorizing me once in a while from the few years that it had been showing up, and so I was very uneasy to go outside and take my dog out. It was pitch-black outside and I could barely see my hand. Yet the man from school was at the end of the driveway. He didn't look so nice and pleasant this time. And the strange thing was that I could see him clearly. Every feature stood out like there was a stage-light on him. He hadn't spoken to me before, and that's why I assumed that he was the guardian of someone else, but he definitely looked like he wanted to speak to me now.

"Get inside, NOW!" He had shouted at me.

I didn't think twice. I sprinted inside, and proceeded to cry and get the shakes because I was so scared. My sister was considerably worried for me, since I don't cry that much, and started to fuss over me. And for some reason, I was terribly afraid for that spirit, or whatever it is. And somehow, I knew his name. I turned to my sister and told her that I was afraid that Israefel was going to get hurt. And my sister stared at me like I was on crack.

"Who?" she had asked, staring at me.

"Israefel. The man. I'm afraid for him." I had replied, trying to open the door to go out and see if he was. My sister, of course, held me back, and told me if he had truly been trying to protect me, that he would be safe. She made me sit down and we watched some cartoons, and I heard him later on that night. He had told me that he was sorry for scaring me, and that black thing shouldn't be bothering me anymore. He also said that his name was indeed Israefel, and was happy that I could tell that it was his name.

So, after that, for the past couple of months, he's been following me around. Once in a while he'll speak to me, like when I'm sick and need comfort, but he'll usually just follow me. When I notice him, he'll smile, and when I'm mad at someone, he's mad. Then came the last day of school in May.

I still hadn't told Stargirl about Israefel because I was afraid she was going to try to get rid of him. And, again, the only one that knew about this experience was my sister. So, we were all standing around and talking, and the other girls that I hang out with went off to take pictures of the proclaimed-class-cutie Kimberly. (Not as in she's hot, but as in she's adorable.) So it was just Stargirl and I standing around and talking. Then she looked at me like I had grown an antenna on my forehead.

"Train (My nickname...), there's... Someone behind you...," she said quickly, looking like she was going to pee. I turned and saw Israefel, and panicked. I pulled her bag away from her since she keeps a cross in there and told her not to do anything. For some reason, I was really frightened that she was going to hurt him. Stargirl was really scared, and told me to make him go away; otherwise she was going to make him go away herself. He left and looked really sad to go, and I felt really bad about it.

So, this brings me to my questions. Is there a reason I should be scared for him? And is it possible to "get rid of" guardians like that?

Other hauntings by Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner,

Many Thanks, 'Scares the Poo' out of you huh? Intresting way of putting it. 😲

It seems he has become a protective influence around you/for you. I wonder if he may not be a 'guide' of some sort. Have you attempted an EVP session? If not please do so and have that be one of your questions. Just an Idea.

Respectfully,

Rook
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
[at] rookdygin:

Frankly, my first impression was beautiful and calm.

And he gives me an overall "good" feeling. Once in a while he makes me a little tense, but that's usually when he pops out of no-where and scares the poo outta me.

[at] Surya:

I read that on Wiki, and it interested me. I learned a little bit about him in my religion/history class earlier this year, but the book did not state his name.

I think it's just a strange coincidence that they have names that are closely related.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Very odd story not entirely convincing but published it nonetheless!

The correct name is Israfel or Israfil "The Burning One", the angel of the trumpet in Islam, though unnamed in the Qur'an. Along with Mikhail, Djibril and Izra'il, he is one of the four Islamic archangels. Israfel has been associated with a number of other angelic names, including Uriel, Sarafieland Raphael.

Certain sources indicate that, created at the beginning of time, Israfel possesses four wings, and is so tall as to be able to reach from the earth to the pillars of Heaven. A beautiful angel who is a master of music, Israfel sings praises to God in a thousand different languages, the breath of which is used to inject life into hosts of angels who add to the songs themselves.

After reading this and me as always thought no way an angel doing what you described in your story mmmmmm!

Thanks for sharing it anyway.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner,

Many thanks... Hummm Strange looks and a Strong Energy do not an 'evil spirit/entity' make.

May I ask what your very first impression of 'him' was?

In addition to that, what feeling do you get when he's is around...good, bad? In visits or attachments, like this seems to be, an individuals 'gut' feeling is the 'best one' to help verify if the spirit/entity is benevolent or malevolent.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
[at] rookdygin:

Ehh, my friend was very loose about what she was afraid of him for. She said something about how he looked strange to her, or something like that. Stargirl also said that he just gave off a really strong energy compared to the spirits that hung around. I'm not sure, it was a few months ago when this happened, and I don't remember much of what she said about him. She just does not like him.

[at] ZiShu:

That could be. But I'm also not very religious, as well. I was raised a Pagan, but I don't have any official religion yet.
And a comfortable energy... That's not what I've always heard. I've heard that they can sometimes make people uncomfortable. I'm not sure.
😆 And see, the problem about me working on my "senses" is that I'm too chicken. I'm what my family likes to call "An Energy Reader" and rely on energy on an insane level. If mine ricochets back at me, it's horrible because my energy is so strong. I'm afraid to mess up on something when I'd try to get better and not be able to read energies as easy anymore.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
He just seems to be a lost soul that has been attached to you because of something he likes. I haven't noticed anything for him to be a guardian from your story. Normally if any official Guardian that God assigns to someone, they would be powerful enough to defend for theirself and they would always give off comfortable energy to anyone. You and your friend are gifted. I suggest you work on your abilities more and maybe more exciting things can happen. You can always contact me if you need help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner,

Did your friend ever explain to you just what bothered her about 'Israefel'?

From what you have related this spirit seems benevolent in nature and I'm curious to know what your friend 'felt' or 'saw' that seemed to scare her.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
[at] Mintyleaf:

Uh... What? 😆

[at] bacchaegrl:

I thought it was strange to. But, I guess spirits can be like humans sometimes and dress uniquely.
Hmm... A guardian spirit... That would make more sense since he doesn't have wings...
I am really hoping that one day I can get my friend to understand about him, but for now he seems to avoid appearing whenever I'm around people anymore and she doesn't really like talking about him.
Yes, he does come back regularly, it's quite common for him to be around me now, especially since Stargirl flipped out about him.
I actually looked up his name on a lot of websites, and I've gotten a bunch of mixed info about him, sometimes about a demon from some religion, and sometimes an angelic entity named Israefel. It confused me, especially to see such information. Some of it doesn't really fit his description though.
I was scared that he was going to get hurt because he was one of the only... Things really that stuck by me through a few hard months that I had been really depressed over stupid drama at school, and I was afraid that my friend was going to try to get rid of him. He makes me feel really safe when he's around.
No, I have no intentions of getting rid of him. I guess I'm too nice for that.
That's what I was thinking as well, but I still get this gnawing feeling in my stomach whenever he seems in danger. Makes me wonder if he really is a lower spirit...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
If you feel that it's a guardian spirit, then maybe it is. Very oddly dressed, though. But who am I to tell spirits how to dress? I don't know if he is an actual angel. I don't think you would be able to get rid of an angel that easily. Also, I don't think angels get mad even when the person they are guarding gets angry. But a simple guardian spirit might be something you can get rid of. I don't know why anyone would want to. Maybe you should explain to your friend how he as helped you in the past, and then she won't be as afraid of him. When he left that one day, has he ever come back? If not, the guy probably isn't very strong, and maybe wasn't that good for you in the first place. I don't really know. His behavior doesn't seem very angelic, so some kind of lower level guardian entity may be the key. Have you done any research on the name to find out what it could mean? Why were you scared that a spirit was going to get hurt? Don't you think he was looking out more for your safety? Did the black mass ever bother you again? I don't know, this story has me a bit confused about you and this entity's relationship. Did you make him leave? I don't think you should be scared for him, if he is truly a good spirit, he can probably fend for himself.
Mintyleaf (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Hi! I'm from California too and that school seems soo familiar! Nor cal or social? Please reply, we might be going to the same school.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: