You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Awake At Noon

Real Ghost Stories

Awake At Noon

 

My first encounter I remember was when I was younger between the ages four and seven. My moms best friend used to babysit me and my sisters.

One day she was watching me and my two younger sisters and we had been placed down for a nap like any other day before. I had slept for about thirty minutes before I woke up and this man was at the edge of our bed, he looked so much like my uncle it was uncanny there wasn't one difference I could find in appearance or voice. I remember talking to him though I don't remember what I said or what was said back. After a minute or two he opened the door then left and closed it behind him quite loud and abruptly breaking the almost silent air. I guess my moms friend had heard the closing door because she had come into the room almost instantaneously. I kept asking her to send my uncle back and she pressed and assured me that he wasn't there, and that he went to work more than 6 hours before and indeed everything she had said to me had been true.

After this I started seeing more entities hearing them speak to me more and more often they would call out. But also where this house was built was on top of an old battle ground that used to have a train going through it and even though the tracks had been gone for hundreds of years every day between 12:00 and 6:00 AM and PM you could hear the train whistle through the house.

Its been years since I have been to that house but I can still see almost every face I ever saw there. After they moved out this older guy bought it so that he could live closer to his kids, 10 months after living there he committed suicide and in honest truth they searched and tried to find some cause, some reason that he would have done this, but nothing logic came up and even though the investigators were told about the things that happened in the house they just brushed it off as if it were all crazy nonsense

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, findmehere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Sorry to keep things running off topic, but I think people are just too caught up in semantics today. 😕
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I know, right? I've thought the same thing! Everyone is extremely defensive today...where's the love?! ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Is it a full moon/ What is wrong today? Everyone seems to be very unhappy about something. Is there something I missed? Why are we all picking at each ohter? I don't think this is about ghosts anymore; it seems to be about picking apart other peoples' comments. What's up with that? Is there something in the water?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
TruthInDarkness,
The reasons for him living there are not what I question, once again you accuse me of something I never said.

Jav
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Javelina - "notion" means "vague idea" and not something definitive. Thus, the fact that you were "wondering... [what] may have been" was implied.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
TruthInDarkness,
Read my comment again. I specifically said "may have been having". Please do not put words down that I never wrote, it muddies the conversation.

Thank you,
Jav
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Zik - Forgive ME for being picky, but trains have existed since the late 1700's according to Wikipedia. Cross-referencing, I looked on another site (http://www.essexsteamtrain.com/history.html) and it states that the first growth of railroads in New England began in the 1830's. Thus, Wikipedia can't be too far off. Moongrim gives further evidence of the timeline in his comment. Perhaps she meant to say decades. It's easy to get caught up in semantics. 😉
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Javelina - Where/How do you get the notion that her uncle was having an affair with her mom's friend? Maybe her uncle lives their out of necessity. I wouldn't assume the worst.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
I have a question: Did you ever find out why the ghost of your uncle came to visit? Was your uncle alive then or did he pass away at the time of the visit? I don't want to be rude by ask this question (and I hope nothing happened) but did anything happened to this particular uncle after he came to visit you?
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hi,

Forgive me for being picky about the facts, but you said the train tracks were gone for hundreds of years?
Was that an exageration? Because I thought Trains, the enguine kind on tracks, originated in the early 1900s.

Though, beyond that, I liked this story. It's sad about the suicide, though. I think it's hard to determine why people commit suicide, although bad things in their life we learn about may seem like the cause, it could very well have not been those things.

Thank you for sharing this,

Zik.
PlagueRat (9 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I'd like to make a comment about the man's suicide. There doesn't have to be a huge specific 'reason' for it that could be found by searching the house. The leading cause of suicide is untreated depression. He may have been suffering for years and never told anybody about it because there's a huge stigma attached to mental disorders and a lot of people would rather keep quite about it than to get help for themselves and be branded as "crazy". This is a logical possibility and I'd be surprised if the investigators hadn't taken it into consideration.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
findmehere,
Besides what moongrim mentioned about the railroad tracks not being in existence "hundreds" of years ago, I would be wondering about the affair your uncle may have been having with your moms best friend. 😉
Also, the old man that committed suicide? That is so sad, and I wouldn't put that up as caused by the paranormal activity. It's best to leave that alone and let that man rest in peace. Just my thoughts on it, that's all. 😢

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
No railroad tracks for hundreds of years? That's rather strange considering that the first railroad in Texas was 1831, a hundred eighty years ago.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I would have to say that there could have been a possibility that the spirit was impersonated your uncle so that you wouldn't feel uncomfortable or scared with its presence there.

I have to side bacchaegrl on this one point, did you or your family have any suicidal thoughts or take suicide into consideration while living there?

Peace
JustCurious
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Did you ever figure out why you thought you saw your uncle or someone that looked like him? Could you tell us more about the other entities you saw? What were they calling out to you? What war was fought on the battleground that the house now sits on? What do you mean you can see every face you saw there? Living faces? Dead people's faces? Did you or anyone else in the family have suicidal thoughts while living in the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: