You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: We Are Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

We Are Not Alone

 

When my son was about two or three, we lived in a home I believe had a malevolent entity. He'd complain of a man that would be in his room at bedtime that was not friendly and scared him. Without fail, he would end up in our bed before morning and this was the story he'd tell when asked why he always ended up in our bed in the middle of the night.

One night, I put him to bed and heard him crying and went to his room. We lived in Florida where it was hot and humid all the time, so to enter a room that was ice cold was not normal. I could see my breath. When I sat on his bed to comfort him, I felt a presence, a malevolent one and was bombarded with an awful smell like rotten eggs. I turned towards the doorway and caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye and felt something rush past us and heard a voice that said Get Out! I picked up my son and gathered all my courage to run out of the room.

I asked some friends to come over to help me cleanse my house and they could barely stand to be in it and told me we needed to move. Whatever was there was not friendly. We moved shortly thereafter because I would catch shadows and hear things. I would also have that constant uneasy feeling and found it hard to fall asleep most nights.

Thankfully, we moved. However, I've had unexplained phenomena surrounding me all my life. A friend tells me it is because I am what she calls a "sensitive". I could go on with a lot more stories but would love to hear what others think about my experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, islandflower66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Very good but scary narration. I can't imagine how the boy slept there night after night until you realised the entity. Its good that you moved out and out of experience, I would like to tell you that there are certain entities that would definitely do harm. Incidentally, when did this happen and how old is your son now? Does he remember these events and his reaction that you can tell us, if it can be shared.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
islandflower66: Well I am glad that you moved yourself and your family out of that home and that situation. As Dragonstorm mentioned did you ever find out any history of the house or land? As you have explained in your story and your comments, I do believe you are sensitive to spirits and I think they pick up on this also. Please post your next experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
islandflower66 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
I believe I've also see angels maybe even guardian angels. These have happened twice. Once with my son in a parking lot and once in my home. In the parking lot the angel was in the form of a homeless person or bum. He asked for change which I was drawn to help this one and gave him what change I had. I turned to open my car door but something told me to turn around and he was gone. He could not have walked down the street that fast. My son was with me and when I said where did that man go, he told me the man disappeared in a bright light. I even drove around the block to see if I could catch him and never saw him. There was something in his eyes that just left me feeling that he was no ordinary person. The one at home, I saw him looking in at me from my back door he was dressed like back in the roman days (with helmet and breast plate) but surrounded by a light I can't describe and when I tried to go out to confront him he rounded the corner of my house and as I turned the corner I was bombarded with dozens of white doves that flew so fast around me I almost fell backwards. It was strange but he looked as surprised as I did when our eyes met like I wasn't supposed to have seen him. I had a near death experience when I was young and believe this also has opened me up to the spirit world. Whatever the reasons are for me experiencing these things, I believe they happened for a reason. I also have experienced past life experiences which really trip me out, but all of this doesn't frighten me as much as it intrigues me and makes me want to know more.
islandflower66 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
I try to really listen when kids say something frightens them, they are true sensitives and I value what they say feel and see. Most have no reason to lie when it comes to these experiences. Mind you we never talked about the paranormal world around him and I definitely tried to monitor what he watched then... He was a regular kid, but there were always times when I would catch him talking to people that weren't there and there were just certain things he would say to make me pause. I did find out that a man lived there at one time with a family and from neighbors' accounts he was not a friendly man. He passed. Not sure if in the house or not. I just never got a good vibe from the house from the get go. Always felt like I was being watched. Friends I spoke about got violently ill, to the point of vomiting and running outside because the air in the house was suffocating or they would make excuses why they couldn't stay and I could see their demeanor change once in the house. I was raised Catholic but do not practice the faith. I was in a non-denominational church at the time and they dismissed me as being a kook and not right with God if I had demons messing with me. Others told me I opened a door, however I know better. I grew up with a highly superstitious mother and letting unwanted spirits in your home was a big no-no and not practiced. No seances or ouija boards allowed. What I experienced in that house was different from all my other experiences and haven't experienced anything like that since.
islandflower66 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
Thanks for all the support from all the comments. I know I def heard those words whispered in my ear, but it could've said something else but it was clearly a voice which is why it scared the heck out of me. I often wonder if something isn't attached to my family because of all the paranormal events that we all have experienced. What was in my house was the 1st time I felt threatened. Most times it would be things like lights turning on and off. Faucets suddenly turning on, seeing shadow figures, items being moved around, and even feeling something sit on our beds. There was even an incident where my grandmother thought she saw me go from the living room to the kitchen and when she called out to me I answered and came out of the bedroom which freaked her out. My family is very superstitious, they came from the Phillipines.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
IslandFlower,

I'm glad you weren't so quick to dismiss your child as having nightmares or monsters in his closet as most parents would.

Has moving helped?
Yuubishouki (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
I'd say you might be "sensitive..." but are you sure that the spirit just isn't following you? Locking in on you for a reason? Next time you sense it, try to remember EXACTLY how it makes you feel, and if the next time it feels the EXACT same... Then moving isn't going to help, you need to cleanse yourself... Or maybe someone else in your family? Look into your family history, that kind of stuff. If it is different, then no fears, you are indeed just "sensitive". I have met quite a few like this. I sometimes wonder if I am as well.
bluejay (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I had a similar experience with an ice cold room, in August which isn't normal where I live. And like you, I could see my breath. I was wide awake and had just gotten back in bed when I noticed it. It was malevolent... But it didn't last long. Afterwards, I laughed at it because I knew it couldn't really harm me. Fear will make an experience like this much worse... Laugh at it and it will go way because things like this feed off your fear.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Even though yes it does sound amytiville - ish I am wondering if you ever found out any of the history of the house itself? And what did your friends say as to why they couldn't stand to be in the house?
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Pretty sinister stuff. I agree with moongrim, it has that Amityville quality to it. Although I'm assuming yours is real;)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
How Amityville-ish. Yes, let us hear of more of your experiences.
gggirl9809 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
i would like to hear more so hurry up and write more lol please 😊
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
islandflower66- you are probably going to catch some slack over the "get out" part but I'm glad you moved and your family is safe.

Champion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: