You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: One Day Alone

Real Ghost Stories

One Day Alone

 

I was home alone one day in my English home. I was watching TV when I heard a Thump from upstairs. I just thought something had fallen off something and didn't do anything about it. Then my dog started barking randomly from the upstairs. He does this all the time anyway, purely for attention. I went up there and to his basket. He was still asleep. I thought this was strange but he is a puppy so maybe this was normal behaviour. While I was up there I thought I might check out the thump. I checked all rooms but nothing could have caused it. My family would be out all day until 7:00, so I really wanted to not think about ghosts as they creep me out.

I went downstairs again and watched my favourite show to take my mind off creepy stuff. But 5 minutes into the show, I felt something was really weird so I looked behind me and all my fish were swimming in one spot. This usually means that a fish has died and they are eating it. I went to see which fish had died, hoping it wasn't one of my favourites. When I got there, I looked at the dead fish and I didn't recognize it. So I counted the fish and they were all there. And this fish was a big one, so it couldn't have just been born and I not know about it. By this point I was creeped out because on closer look, it looked like one of my fish that had been dead for ages.

I closed the door so I couldn't look at the tank, nor think about it. I turned back to the tv. My dog started barking again. I ignored it. Maybe he was doing it in his sleep. After 3 minutes of non stop barking, I went to see what was up. He was standing up furiously barking at something in my brothers room. I slowly went towards it and searched for a something that would've made my dog bark. On my brother's bed was a little child sitting there. He looked at me, then he disappeared. I was gobsmacked. My dog was still barking and I looked, but he was doing it in a different direction. I almost ran to the location and saw my shelf on the floor. There were still the supports on the wall.

Now I was proper creeped out and I ran out of the door with my dog and didn't return until my mum phoned me at 8 at night. She reckons it's strange as well but blames my imagination.

I know what I saw. Never staying alone again

Other hauntings by Oceana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oceana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
KatelynC - don't take my comment too seriously, I tend to be a bit of a joker... Sometimes... 😉
KatelynC (12 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-24)
lady-glow

Lol yeah right. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in Jesus, its just... Yeah Jesus would come down from haven and duplicate a fish lol.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-08)
av - What on earth gives you the idea that nobody wants to believe Oceana, or that they only believe their own experiences?

I personally have not as yet left a comment on her experience, not because I don't believe her but at this stage I don't feel that I have anything helpful to add.

She specifically said that she will participate in the discussion, which she is doing. Obviously she realises that questions need to be asked and answered.

Regards, Melda

This comment from av is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
I don't know. This is the first time I have noticed it. Ok. Maybe it is a fish that I have missed.

I'm moving soon anyway. It cannot bother me then.
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Oceana, Very well, now we know that there is 2 topics in your story, fish case...
Beautiful fish you have! Well, since you have a 400 gallon tank it might be possible that some of the remaining of your previous fish is still in the tank and was hiding, as I know parrot fish likes to hide in narrow places. Are you sure you have the right number of them?

Yes, now the child spirit, it is possible that the spirit might be related to the passed one, has him/she been in the house the whole time? No, do not try to communicate with the spirit if you do not know how, just let the spirit know that they have to go. Clean the house once and clear every unnecessary thing in the room where the shelf has fallen. Let your puppy be at a safer place, then I am sure the atmosphere would be better. Cheers and no fear!

E.Lynx
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
I have asked my parents and siblings about your questions. Here are the answers:
They wouldn't buy any other fish as we have enough as it is. The fish that died was just old, no problems with it. It was a flowerhorn parrot fish. All my fish have always been heathy and died from natural causes. I have a 400 gallon tank.

The shelf was on the floor with the supports when my mother got home. She said the supports had fallen on the floor with the shelf, and that explains the thump as well. Also that was what agitated the dog.

One of my siblings was born dead. No one has ever seen him before, hence the imagination thing.

I do not thing they are related, Just they happened together so I put them in together because I was terrified on that day.
Is it just my imagination? I don't even know anymore. I know what I saw though.
roylynx (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Very interesting one.

I will think of the fish case and the child spirit as 2 different topics in this story. Let's try it.

I want to ask a question that I will always ask in a story related to a child's spirit. Did you have any brothers or sisters that you have never met? (Stone born, passed away due to illness, accidents, etc) Also, was that the first time you encounter the child? Would the child be related to the land? (History background, people whom know the child, etc)

What fish was in your tank? Do you know what typical fish the dead one was? Was the habitat safe for your previous fish compare to the ones you have now? (Water pH, temperature, size, etc)

Now, if the 2 topics relate to each other, how? And what make you think that? Why?

It is important to have a clear mind of the whole situation, most important, do not fear.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Oceana: have you asked your parents and sibling/s if any of them bought a new fish the same kind of the dead one?

If you ran out of your house as soon as you " saw my shelf on the floor. There were still the supports on the wall."
Does this mean the shelf was still on the floor when your family came home or did it was back in place? I'm asking because it's hard to understand your mother blaming your imagination if the shelf was still on the floor.

Have any of your brothers seen the little boy in their room? Are you aware if they have experienced any other unexplained activity in their room?

As far as I know, if a house is haunted and an entity is trying to get the attention of a particular individual, it would start by doing subtle things (footsteps, knocking on walls, watching the person, etc) instead of waiting until the said person is alone to manifest in such a violent way as you describe. Though this is only my opinion and have never lived in a haunted house.

It would be a good idea to talk with your family and ask if any of them have experienced anything unexplained.

As for Jesus multiplying the fish... Well, He didn't bring them (fish) back to life but multiplied dead ones. 😊
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
The fish was one that had died earlier that year and was buried in the garden. Why would he come and bring back a dead fish still dead?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Uh... Perhaps Jesus Christ visited your house and multiplied the fish? 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: