You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Summer Camp Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

A Summer Camp Haunting

 

This happened to me a couple years ago. I was ten years old, in grade five. My class went to summer camp for two nights. It started on the first night. My friends and I were talking and telling stories when I noticed that there was some writing on my bunk. Someone had written a story in pencil. I read it over and then called everyone over to look. I don't remember the exact wording, but it went something like this:

"One night, a bunch of us decided to sneak out of our cabin, into the mess hall. The sky was completely clear. We snuck in and started messing around, chasing each other and jumping on tables. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a crack of thunder. But the sky was still clear. We freaked out and ran back to our cabin."

A few of the girls though it was nothing, but me and a couple others had this strange feeling that it was true. Suddenly we didn't feel safe in our own cabin anymore. Anyways, we went to sleep, and sometime in the middle of the night, the ones who believed the story, me including, all woke up and there was a flash of light and crack of thunder, same as the story. We all fell back asleep almost instantly. When I woke up the next morning, I thought that it had just been a dream. But then my friend asked about it. She had seen and heard it too, and so had the others who believed. Now we were really scared. The only thing was, there had been no thunder and lightning the night before. It was just us.

The day went on pretty normal, and then that night, something even stranger happened. A bunch of the girls were looking out the window, not me at the time, when suddenly they started freaking out and telling the others to come look. I rushed to the window, and what I saw was impossible. There was a little girl, about four years old, skipping through the forest, wearing a white wedding dress. When she went behind a tree she didn't come out the other side. She just disappeared. The other girls said that she stopped and waved at them before skipping away. We went out to find her, but she was completely gone.

No one else believed us, but we all know what we saw. That story was true, and that little girl was real. Or at least, she used to be. I think she was a ghost. None of us have seen her since, but none of us can forget those nights.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jaida857, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SpookyGrrl (4 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-01-11)
I love your story. I have a spooky podcast that I'd like to showcase your story on, if that would be okay? Please let me know! Thank you! (Hopefully you'll see this, I know your original post is a few years old.) :)
Suzzumi2345 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
ok so I just got back from camp and there was a few things talking about how some girls died from something called the bofd and they were written about 4 years apart and after a few hours went by after reading it the door started shaking as if someone was trying to open it and so it was just me and my friend and my friend went to open the door and when she did she looked confused all the girls from camp was at the camp fire and no one was anywhere near the door and the A frame it wasn't windy or nothing
Gringersnap (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
Nice story! I loved it! Have there been other reports of the girl?

Gringersnap ❤
Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
It might have been a christening dress, as they can look like a wedding dress! People need to stop telling others what they did or didn't see. I believe your story, and think it is actually pretty freaky. Thank you for sharing. 😊
Jaida857 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Yeah, I guess I did sound a bit angry there. Sorry. Okay, the age thing. Maybe I shouldn't have put "a couple of years ago" because that does make it seem like I'm 12. I know a four year old in a wedding dress seems unbelievable; heck, I doubt I'd believe it if someone told me. Whatever, that's not important now.

(yeah, sarcasm doesn't translate well into text)

Thanks for the people who at least were supportive about it. It's nicer to read those than someone saying "yeah right, that could never happen"
reneespring (148 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
At the risk of getting many minus points, I must say that many of the stories I read on here by younger teens seem unbelievable. I am not sure why that is, because I know many teens in real life have some sense and intelligence. I guess we tend to get the bored ones with short attention spans here, and that is why their stories are not at all credible, they are telling stories for attention or something to do while mom makes the dinner.
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Sarcasm and attitude won't get you very far in life! Take the advise. Would you prefer everyone to just believe everything that everyone said? I'm sure you don't, so you shouldn't expect others to without answering any questions they may have.
Also, have a look at the comments these people have put on other stories - they always seem to offer good advise where they can, so I think you've taken this a bit too seriously and gotten upset. Take a breather and just answer any questions, hopefully then some advise will come to you. 😊
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Never mind my question about the filming... I understand now. Sarcasm doesn't translate well into text, I find.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
[at] Jaida847: I think everyone thinks you're twelve because at the beginning of your story you say "This happened to me a couple years ago. I was ten years old, in grade five." Where I live and I'm sure in many other places, you can say "a couple" as to mean an inexact ammount, which is what I think you meant, but the previous posters took you as meaning literally two years ago. The definition of "couple" is actually two things, but its gained the connotation of "inexact ammount" over time. Second, the four year old in the wedding dress does sound a bit ridiculous. You can't blame us for that. As to your comment: try to cool down a little, agressive replies never sit well with many people on the site. Also, what were you filming? You didn't mention filming anything in the story.

--Mountaineer
Jaida857 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
No matter what you say, this actually happened. First of all, I'm not 12, nor did I ever say I was. Second, I know that Camp is a cliche ghost story topic, but this was true. There really was a four year girl in a wedding dress skipping through the forest. Yes the story was in pencil; there were hundreds of pencil marks so I don't think the camp that I went to bothers to clean them off.

How the hell could I bring you evidence? Yes, because I just happened to be filming it while at summer camp at that exact moment. I posted this here to get some advice on who the girl was, or why it happened to us. So thanks for nothing guys.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
I'm from Canada also and I have worked as a camp counselor when I was young so I know or heard of many of the camps. Which camp did you go to? I have seen thunder and lightening a few minutes before the clouds start rolling in for the full thunder and lightening rain storm and when that happens it can be clear as day. So you are telling me that only the girls in your cabin saw the thunder and lightening and the four year old girl?

As I said, I have worked as a camp counselor and we would tell all kinds of ghost stories to scare the kids and some of them have actually wet the bed. It worst when the stories told among the kids. You guys were probably wound up about the "story on the bed."

Also, many times before the next batch of kids come in, the cabins are cleaned and all marks are removed to the best of our abilities, so if the story was written in pencil, then it definitely would have been erased.

Lastly, come on! A FOUR year old out in the forestry in a wedding outfit? You gotta to come up with something better than that. The only thing that I could come up with is that a child was murder in that area but I'm having a hard time believing that. Bring us some evidence or give us something to believe you.

DragonStorm80,
I'm following you on this one...don't believe the story... Time to bring out the BS blankie...
Luna0794 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
We had to go to overnight camp at the end of my fifth grade year too. The counselors told us the camp was haunted and told us stories but I didn't believe them. I think people just like to scare us at camp.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
This story is very well written for a 12 year old, I am 100% skeptical of this one...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: