You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bridge Between Two School Camps

Real Ghost Stories

The Bridge Between Two School Camps

 

I had a very bizarre and at the time, very unsettling experience happen to me when I was 12 years old. I have decided to share this experience on YGS for two reasons really, one is that it was just totally baffling, and the second is in the hope that someone else may have experienced the same kind of thing, and therefore can share with others (and I won't feel like such a freak! Lol!)

I have NEVER mentioned this to anyone before now. Mainly because I just had no idea how to process it in my then juvenile mind.

This experience is not in the "an evil shadow person appeared by my bed at 3:00 am" type account, so apologies in advance to anyone wanting to be frightened or thrilled. I don't even know if this will be published because whilst it's not technically a "ghost" story, it does have an element of spirituality to it, and is possible linked to the NDE category. Anyway, enough rambling, here it is:

When I was 11 I attended a school camp. I don't remember where it was, or even the time of year. It was a non-eventful camp, and there was only one moment that I remember, that was incredibly mundane, but was very important to the story. It was the evening, it was dark and I was walking through the camp, alone, along a concrete path through some buildings to my cabin. Pretty exciting, right? It gets more interesting, trust me...

I then went on another school camp the following year when I was 12. Different camp, again I can't remember where it was, but it doesn't really matter to the story. It was during this camp that I found myself walking back to my cabin one evening, along a concrete path, through some buildings, alone. It was at that point that I thought to myself; "This reminds me almost exactly of that time during last years camp" or words to that effect. And it was at THAT point when BANG / SWOOSH / ZIP! (take your pick) I was suddenly back on that path at my 11 year old camp, walking to my cabin. Now this wasn't just a memory, in my mind I was COMPLETELY there; it was as if I had literally traveled back in time and was walking the path. This lasted for a couple of seconds, the I was "back" on my 12 year old self camp ground.

I knew instinctively that I hadn't physically traveled back to the previous years campsite, that's impossible, but it was if I had somehow revisited that memory in its entirety, if that makes sense. It's very hard to explain. I was TOTALLY immersed in the memory and it didn't feel like it was a memory, or I was somehow observing myself in a disconnected way, watching myself. I was actually 'there', on that path again, completely reliving that moment in all it's 3 dimensional real-ness; all my senses active.

So, naturally I was very freaked out by that. I had never experienced anything like it, nor have I since. I remember that as soon as I 'returned' I just kept walking back to my cabin (heart rate slightly elevated), and knowing that I had somehow "morphed" back to that memory. At the time I couldn't explain why, or how it happened. I was only 12 after all.

In terms of what trying to understand what I experienced, in the subsequent years, whilst reading a lot about NDE's (Near Death Experiences) one of the recurring themes was what is known as a "life review". This is where the person who has "died" is shown their entire live in a vivid three-dimensional panorama. In some cases, it's EVERYTHING, including how they affected others, positively and negatively.

This is the only explanation that I have that could explain how it was possible to experience what I did back then. It would appear that everything we do in our lives is somehow stored and we can access it when we need to. My theory is that for some reason, I was able to suddenly access the path walking, maybe because they were such similar events. I really don't know why it happened; it was such a mundane, boring moment, but I would love to hear other people's theories, opinions on it, and I would also be very interested to hear about anyone who has experienced the same thing.

Thanks for reading.

Mack

Other hauntings by Macknorton

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Macknorton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
I routinely read old stories on here but had missed this one. The recent comment bumped it up and I read over it and all the comments and discussions. Very fascinating read. I wish there was a feature on here for "must read stories" where the best ones are marked somehow.

Anyway, this sort of thing happens to me as well. But I have a more mundane explanation. I guess I reason it as we see things with our eyes. Our eyes sends messages to our brain to interpret what we are seeing. Somehow, the mind in trying to make sense of the pieces it's seeing puts the puzzle together in your brain as something it's already seen to make sense of it. I've had this experience where I swear I was seeing something that I wasn't. It's just my eyes made my brain believe I was somewhere else. Of course the time slip thing could be possible too...

In the comments on page 1 someone was talking about about genetic memory and gave some examples... Well I can make sense of it as we are spirits... Ghosts if you will for this sites purposes. The idea of a Gandma and her depression, the commenter reasoned... I think that the spirit of grandma carries down and remains with us. Yes we are our own person, but we carry ghosts of the past. Those spirits remain with our spirits. If a sad spirit three generations ago remains with us it's their prescence that influences us.

Macknorton...your idea of the dream of Trump this topic fascinates me too. Because I've had weird ones like this too. Not sure if it's acceptable YGS material though although I think prophetic dreams are paranormal.
sapphireblue (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
This story also reminds me of a time slip (where one location slips back in time) or a "glitch in the matrix" (when there's an unexplainable event or "glitch" in reality). Interesting read though, thanks for sharing!
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-21)
Mack, I'm getting to your story quite late. My apologies.
I'm responding before reading any of the other comments because what I have to say is hard to articulate and is freshest in my mind right after reading about your experience.

To sum up - yes, that happened to me when I was a child. I don't know what age I was and I can't recall exactly what the experience was, only that it was such a traumatic event where I slipped into a different reality that it stays with me to this day, but in an indirect way.

What happens to me now is that sometimes (every few years) I can suddenly be overcome with the feeling that I need to 'hold on' to reality or else I will slip back into another reality that my mind glimpses. I'm trying to describe this, but it is difficult. Let me try with an example. Suppose that I'm sitting in a class listening to the teacher lecture. Suddenly I see myself in my mind sitting on a bus. I feel like I'm barely in my 'lecture' reality and that if I just allowed myself, I would slip into the 'bus' reality. So I have to hold on tightly and not let myself go to the other place. This feeling will last for a minute (or less - at least long enough that I feel that I tune-in permanently to this reality with no possibility of slipping out). I don't know if this is true - I'm too traumatized from the childhood experience to let myself test it out. Perhaps it's all hogwash and a strange brain glitch, and I would know if I only let myself actually drift out during one of those times. However, I have this feeling that if it did cause me to go to the other (bus) state, I would be having exactly the same feeling about this (lecture) state, and think that I was in reality in the bus state. I hope that makes sense!

Also, to be clear on it, this is not something that I can control. It is a thing that does not happen often, but has happened often enough that I can recognize what's happening right away. Some times I will feel like I'm fighting off a 'reality slip' a few times during a day. I like to think of it as a state that I'm in suddenly intermixing with another state. I have to maintain my current state's higher probability amplitude or I will change states.

I have a very hard time describing this. Like you, I've NEVER mentioned this to anyone, but have had this feeling every few years since I was a child. It could just be a brain wiring glitch.

Very glad to read your account. Thanks for deciding to bring it here.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-14)
MackNorton - Thanks for your response. I absolutely agree with you that a healthy debate is what is needed.

The irritation which I am feeling here does not only concern me personally. Other people have been targeted as well and they don't deserve it. They haven't made any contentious or nasty comments at all.

My deduction? There is a "nasty" at work on the site and the sooner he/she disappears the better.

Regards, Melda
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-25)
Hi Macknorton, this is absolutely fascinating. Einsten's Theory of Relativity: so is time actually linear, or can the future influence the past? Does this explain the feelings of déjà vu we all get from time to time?

I used to know someone who taught quantum physics at college. He folded up a paper napkin and smoothed it out again to show how time can be diced, sliced and rearranged. Time was all relative and it was all a matter of perspective (he described it a whole lot better).

I believe the primal hindbrain stores knowledge our ancestors learned thousands of years ago. Our instinctive fears of heights, fire and deep water; knowing that anything that tastes bitter is usually to be avoided and foods of certain colours are not palatable. It's interesting how certain animals, insects, reptiles instantly frighten and repel so many people.

In much the same way, perhaps paranormal abilities were once the norm. But in the course of evolving generations, this has been discarded in favour of "reason" and "logic"... We use the phrases "gut instinct", "sixth sense" - maybe these are just ancient abilities fallen into disuse along the way?

Thanks for a very thought-provoking narrative.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
I think we did have the same experience but different situation.

Every time it happens, it is real and I could hear the adults talking in the living room of my grandmother, laughings, clingings of the glasses all that and I could smell the crayons on my sketchbook too. I could even feel the tears running down my face from my eyes... Yes, I was there and I knew that it is a repeated experience.

Strange indeed 😕 but its amazing! 😁

E.Lynx
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-06-28)
Melda

Thanks for your kind words
Though formal research is nice and having others around to toss ideas back and forth with certainly has advantages, all it takes to learn is the desire and motivation. We all are just infants when it comes to type of study. Keep on reading and discussing.

I'm glad Your allong for the ride. Let's all keep the ideas coming

Best to all

Randy
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Hi Roylynx

A Knighthood! "Sir Macknorton"! Thank you, it's about time! 😆

Thanks for sharing these experiences. So, to clarify; did these experiences happen as mine did, whereby you were totally and utterly transported back to that moment as if you were actually there again in complete reality?

I'm just not 100% sure whether you were very "lost", or deep in that vivid memory of you crying at your Grans house memory or you were entirely "transported" back to that moment seemingly completely as if you were experiencing it again as I did?

That would be so cool if you had experienced the same phenomenon!

Regards

Mack
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Wow! Sir Macknorton! I can't believe that I could read such story here! I don't consider it as something paranormal actually.

Since I had this experience 3 times in my life and I belief the fourth is coming too. The very first time was when I was ten I went to visit my grandmother with my mother (my father did not like going to my grandmother's place). It was a cool night, July-ish August-ish I think, the adults were gathering at the living room (yes, they did have proper houses though they are tribal).

I was writing or drawing a picture? In my sketch book for my grandmother... Suddenly I was crying, tear dropped on my sketch book and I did not know why I was crying, my mother then came in and kissed me goodnight.

Second time it was decades later 3 years after my grandmother has passed, I remember I was hand writing a university report for my studies, it was late July and the weather was cool, somehow I was at my grandmother's place still a child tearing on my sketch book, then I came back before my mother came in and gave me a mug full of hot chocolate.

The third time happened recently in the place I am living now, during my 30th birthday, August time late night. I was writing a business form on my PC, I found some documents that needed to be hand written. I was reading through those documents and suddenly I was back 2 decades ago tearing on my sketch book and when I realized it was early in the morning and my sister came in saying that she found a new job. I am wondering what is going to happen during my fourth experience.

I too cannot explain what that is, what I thought was in some state our brain will be on a "off-mode", and will re-call our memory back...no, not that... If I would set an example it's like when wild creatures senses a seasonal change?...Not quite that too... I don't know really lol

E.Lynx
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
Macknorton, thanks for your response.

I hope that our lives aren't mapped out. While I believe the type of experiences we have are there for us to learn from, my ego, I suppose, wants to believe that we have choice in the matter.

I would like to think these are glimpses of the future but is that any less of a fixed path for us? Could we deviate from it? I suppose if we did we would never recognize it as significant if the event we dreamed of were not to take place. Hmmmm. I think I am getting into a circular thinking routine here.

Your prophetic dream certainly had more significance than my mundane one did though both illustrate the peeking into future events.

I have had other prophetic dreams but again they were always about items that had no real significance.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-27)
RANDYM - (Mack I would like you to read this as well.) I want to thank you for your very kind response to me a week ago. I honestly don't know why I didn't reply at the time. I did give you a karma point though 😊

I've had supernatural experiences throughout my life but - quite honestly? - I can do without them. I tried for years to shut myself off but somehow it just doesn't work that way. If my attention is demanded by "something" it's impossible to ignore.

This is why the research you and some other members do to come up with all these amazing theories, which have never even crossed my mind, totally astound me!

Mack you are included in this, even though I sent the comment to Randy. You have all affected my thinking pattern in a very profound way 😊 I would never have heard of all these theories if I hadn't joined YGS. Yes I did a lot of reading on the site before I joined but that's not quite the same as actually being involved.

I must say I do still have some theories of my own but they are not based on any sort of research, simply my own opinions on my various experiences.

Thank you all.

Regards, Melda
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-26)
Hi Kindly-refrain

That certainly is an interesting experience. And yes, it's amazing (and funny) how such mundane actions can be suddenly significant. It makes you question the nature of destiny, free will and all that kind of thing. Are all our experiences, lives ALL mapped out?

I've also had prophetic dreams, one of which I shared as a submission on this site. Once you've had one prophetic dream, then suddenly all your dreams take on significance, I find. Miracles has mentioned she has the same dream experiences and keeps a dream journal, which is a great idea.

Interestingly (or maybe not) is that at the beginnings of the USA's Presidential election race, when Mr Trump was just a hopeful (but very unlikely) candidate, I had a VERY vivid dream (that I can still picture quite clearly today) that I was in serious discussion with him, as he was the President, about the great responsibilities of being President.

I remember waking up and telling my wife about it because it was SO vivid, and also thinking that it was an utterly preposterous dream as he would NEVER become President...surely...

Regards

Mack
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-26)
Hello Macknorton, while I can't explain what happened to you I have had an experience with several elements in it that are like your account.

I have always been able to recall my dreams and have a head full of them most mornings. They are often frustrating and usually bizarre but also sometimes just mundane. In this case it was of the mundane variety.

It was early spring and I had a dream that I had to pee and, due to the urgency, instead of finding a toilet I went behind a building to relieve myself. The wall I was facing was painted white with a very particular texture of wood underneath. Behind me was a forest and when I turned my head to the right there was a large recreational vehicle parked about 200 feet away.

Unfortunately for my brother, whom I shared a room with, I would regale him with my dreams every morning, exciting or not. That dream was among the ones I told him.

In June, at the end of the grade 12 school year, my gym teacher told me that he had sponsored me to go to a leadership camp with a fellow student, if I was interested. I was.

Two weeks later I was at the camp. I was in my cabin and had the urge to pee. I was too lazy to go all the way to the dining hall washroom so I went behind the cabin. As I was doing my thing I looked at the wall. It struck me then that this was exactly the same as in my dream. The forest was behind me as well. I was strangely disturbed by this and I actually did not want to look to my right because I knew what I would see.

When I finally did, sure enough, there was the RV, exactly the same as in my dream.

I returned home a few days later and to corroborate my experience I asked my brother if he recalled me telling him that particular dream and indeed he had.

I realize that this is not exactly what happened to you but there are certainly some parallels.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-25)
Hi Biblio

You are correct in that our Christmas break occurs in our Summer (Dec - Feb) so what we call "Intermediate" school (11-12 year olds) camps are usually around Late Feb- March. I honestly don't remember what time of the year these camps were but I assume they would have occurred before it began to get too cold. Speaking of which, you mention the difficulty in typing with blisters and adhesive bandages, I am at present typing with finger-less gloves as it is -4 degrees here in Christchurch this morning. We are literally mid-winter here.

Thanks for your input into the discussion. I don't remember feeling particularly tired at the time, I probably was but it wasn't particularly late either. And I also don't really remember much of what went on at either camps, apart from that one particular moment / incident. It would have been a generic "bit of everything-let's just tire them out so we can crack open the alcohol in the staff cabin" type camp.

Regards

Mack
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-24)
Greetings, Mack.

I should apologize that I'm only halfway through reading the comments and replies, but this idea was nagging at me, so I'm typing it now before it escapes.

I know that you have had one horrific-sounding episode of attack *similar* to sleep-paralysis, but that narrative clearly implicates your freaky roommate and his magical practices. However, there are several sleep disorders and events that can occur that are similar to the sleep-paralysis phenomenon.

Now, as your parents sent you to a summer camp, you were familiar with the sort of routines and activities that are available. Obviously, some camps are organized around very specific activities, such as kayaking trips or tennis camps, while others present a variety of activities within a clear boundary. The key element for every one of these camps is that the campers must be kept busy and enjoy the activities. In teaching, we call this "tire the little b*st*rds out" or "Physical Education." If you were returning to your cabin in the evening, then there's a good chance you may have been pretty tired; that's the mental condition necessary fof a "hypnagogic hallucination" to occur. You've done research on sleep paralysis, so I'll presume that you know what this is, and that anyone else who is curious will look it up for themselves. (Spent the day clearing dead wood from overgrown fir trees, and typing with blisters is surprisingly awkward, despite having applied lotion and adhesive bandages.) This is one potential cause as you were immersed in a memory with sensory data, but you were certain that you had *not* been transported to the other camp.

Ok, I'm now going to post this before I read your exchange with Randy about Genetic Memories. Before I do, I'll just mention that Jung considered the possibility that all human minds were able to draw from the "collective unconscious."

Best,
Biblio.

(Doesn't Christmas land in the middle of the Summer in NZ? How do they schedule summer camps around that and New Year?),
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Wreck72--Genetic memory is indeed a fascinating thing and your Monarch butterfly example shows how incredible it is. I am aware of the ongoing research into this but genetic memory is not what Randy was suggesting. Genetic memory, "is a memory present at birth that exists in the absence of sensory experience, and is incorporated into the genome over long spans of time. It is based on the idea that common experience of a species become incorporated into its genetic code, not by a Lamarckian process (which is closer to what you seem to be suggesting) that encodes specific memories but a by a much vaguer tendency to encode a readiness to respond in certain ways to certain stimuli."

This "vague tendency to encode a readiness to respond in certain ways" is not the same thing as having every single memory of our lives and those of our ancestors stored on our DNA. Check out Lamarckian theory to see something closer to what came up earlier in the comments to this account. That theory has been widely discredited in the scientific community but does still have its followers.

So, I am with you on Genetic Memory. It just doesn't have any bearing on Mack's account that I can see.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Manafon1 - So I wrote this up once then didn't post it because I didn't feel it was that relative to the story but I saw that you mentioned on the other story you couldn't find any info about it so I thought I would mention Genetic Memory is a long standing theory at this point and is still researched to this day. It started based on Monarch butterfly migration patterns because they migrate the bird where groups fly back and forth from the same locations each year unlike birds though the die off each migration so generation 1 flies from point A to point B then reproduces and dies but Gen. 2 still flies back to point A and Gen. 3 back to point B. This is how research into genetic memory became a thing. The more recent theories do in fact believe that these memories can stretch back thousands of years. These theories are put forward by actual Doctors not just the internet if anyone wants to look into them just search "genetic memory".
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
All good Melda - the topic and conversation will flow where it will flow
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Jetson - I posted a comment on your submission of what you experienced in France. Have added your very interesting story to my faves!

I apologise for going off topic on your account Mack 😊

Regards, Melda
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hello Argette, no worries at all. I'm sincerely greatful though to hear your comments.

As for my experience, I now wonder if what we experienced could have been a 'stored life memory' as Randy alluded to. In fact it was one thought my ex had expressed to me as we had always felt 'drawn' to each other despite our quite different backgrounds.

Another thought expressed here has me thinking could we have been in some way been hypnotized... Having been lulled into a 'sleep' or 'dream state' that we actually didn't wake from until morning.

It is all though something very hard to make sense of and perhaps never will have an answer for.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hi Tweed

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it. It certainly was an incredibly weird experience.

Your self-hypnosis with smells is very interesting and shows the potential to hold all sorts of previously irretrievable / forgotten memories within our minds, in this physical manifestation.

It makes sense to me that we should be able to re-visit, recall, or "know" all that we have done and said and how our actions have impacted. Otherwise, what's the point of us having consciousness if it's not meaningful? Nature doesn't have any thing that is unwanted or unnecessary - it's the epitome of efficiency.

I honestly believe it DOES matter what we say and do and our actions DO effect everything else. I often think we are all at once both totally insignificant specks yet utterly important and meaningful.

I agree that no, this experience definitely was not an NDE, but possibly I tapped / was enabled a glimpse into of the the workings of the apparent 3-D full-blown life-review, total immersion panorama that people have reportedly experienced during their NDE's.

Randy set my mind thinking about how memories / life-times are stored, and my theory / belief is that our bodies exist only because of spirit. The body is the husk, or shell expressing itself on this material plane, and is the physical counterpart to the spirit body.

My point is that then theoretically, the physical parts of our brains that contain memory only exist because there is a spiritual equivalent. So therefore, that would suggest that all our experiences are recorded in our spirit memory area of our spirit minds.

That's where, I believe, our NDE life-review memories are held and accessed, and that's where, possibly, I managed to access for a couple of seconds that evening on the path.

Intriguing stuff indeed... 😊

Regards

Mack
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Jetson, after reading and rereading your account, I don't know what to think.

Time slip is the only explanation.

I'm totally befuddled. My experience about 30-40 minutes above Toulouse only felt like a time slip.
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Thank you, Jetson, for the link! As I read through your account, I began remembering reading it before our last trip to France in 2012. I scrolled through the comments and found mine.

I'm sorry I didn't think to look your account up here, but for some reason, I didn't think you had shared it. I am sorry. My mind is on a family crisis, which is why I'm around here more often, and I'm not functioning on all cylinders.

Thank you again for providing the link.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hi Mack, far out! Would LOVE to experience something as vivid as this!

Well, I guess this is in the same ballpark so I'll ramble on a bit. 😆
I don't think you had a NDE, I think you might have slipped into 'there', not in the physical sense, in the virtual sense.
A few years back I started practicing self hypnosis with smell. The short of it is I 'unlocked' the ability to remember/experience scents at will and experience them as vividly as if they're really there. I cannot stress enough how real this sensation is. (!) It's hella cool. The hard part is not being shocked by the realism, as it tends to break the trance and the scent. Over time memories in all their vivid clarity come flooding back with the smells. This is also exceptionally real and hella cool if I do say so myself.😜
Thing is I do all this laid back in an armchair and not going about my day! Can only suspect you unwittingly induced the same process by the simple reminder of the previous camp, which is SO COOL! Some kind of perfect storm for an almighty experience.

LOVE THIS, adding it to faves! 😁

Deja vu is awesome, God I love it, but I think what happened on your camp stroll was a super memory transportation. I just made that term up by the way, but it sounds cool. Deja vu is when you can't quite place something but the other half makes sense and you don't know why. Sounds like you had deja vu's sister déjà vécu (memory/recollection) In your camp stroll the entire bit made sense to you specifically. Not some random idiot's memory, yours!
I'm a hippy at heart so I'm going to suggest the nature surrounding you played a part in influencing that moment. Being at one with yourself and all that. But mostly, I believe it came from you, which is even more impressive in my opinion. I believe we humans have but scratched the surface of our potential where consciousness and memory is concerned. All out awesome stuff.
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hello Argette,

My experience is written about here...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14944

After you read it... You can let me know your thoughts and I'll be happy to share with you mine.

Thanks for your interest.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Hi Mack,

Totally understand you... I believe it was the right circumstance at the right time that triggered the memory and "transported" you back to that moment 1 year prior. This is really na amazing topic! 😊

By no means I am trying to detract from your incredible experience, so I am sorry for the following appreciation but really have to say this:

To all the posters commenting- Extraordinary insights. They made me realise why I might be so scared of fire even though I never got burnt or had a bad experience with it.
I could never understand why, so you helped me trying to make sense of it. Thank you!

Blessings.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-20)
Thank you, Manafon. Interesting. I must ponder this.

Jetson, would you care to share your experiences in France? I had an unusual experience there nine years ago.
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-20)
Hello Mack, thanks for answering my questions... You have generated a most interesting conversation.

I want to thank Randy for his introspections as they have shed some light on what I might have experienced in France many years ago.

Fascinating.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-20)
RANDY--I truly appreciate the perspective you bring which has been informed by the research group you are involved in. We have also had some extremely interesting and thought provoking discussions off of YGS on the topic of reincarnation that has definitely made me consider possibilities I wouldn't have earlier considered.

That being said, you don't give any evidence, besides your belief that we retain all the info of our past lives along with that of our ancestors as a sort of data bank of life lessons as to why why or how our DNA records everything. While that is intriguing, I see no reason whatsoever for the spirit, whose true home is the spirit realm, to need a physical recording device.

It is true that there are fascinating cases of, for example, people suddenly being able to play a musical instrument. The case of Derek Amato is a good one. He hit his head while jumping into a pool and received a concussion. He then, at 40, suddenly started playing the piano and soon afterwards seven other instruments. He claims he sees black and white keys in his head which direct him. He plays masterfully and now is a full time musician who records albums. His condition is called Acquired Savant Syndrome. "Many researchers believe the underlying cause of savant syndrome occurs when the right brain compensates for an injury on the left brain."

Mysterious and remarkable as Amato's case is, it is possible that there is a medical explanation. My point here is that as much as I enjoy your comments, by the very secretive nature of your research it is hard for me to take what you state as fact to the exclusion of my own experiences and all of the books I have read by learned men and woman writing on the theory of things like apparitions. There work can be analyzed, peer reviewed and debated, which then, often, opens up fresh avenues of exploration. Your group is seemingly doing fascinating, even groundbreaking stuff but with nothing the public can access it remains tantalizing but vague.

It's important for you to know that I wasn't asking, in my prior comment, if you believe all of our life info is recorded onto DNA. I know you believe this but what exactly leads you to believe it? That's also why in my last comment I referenced two men who have a bold DNA theory that can be looked up by the YGS community if they want more info. You stated that you read an article on DNA storage. I couldn't find anything beyond the work of the two guys I mentioned in my last comment. Providing these links are really helpful and important for a person to have a balanced view.

That's why I often quote from books and articles that a person can easily look up or purchase so they can do further research and reach their own conclusions. As interesting as your group sounds, it is a stretch for someone like me who is not involved in it to simply say, "I am going to throw out all my own years of reading watershed theoretical psychical research books and buy hook, line and sinker what this guy postulates". I have to stick to the path I am on and unless you can be be a bit more specific I will continue to enjoy reading your insights but will also continue my own studies, with an open mind.

Sorry for digressing Mack but I hope this does pertain in some way to your account. RANDY, if we continue this conversation let's do it on one of our accounts!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-20)
Melda

When it comes to the paranormal there are no dunces and there are no experts
There may be some people who have had more experiences or have been involved with the subject more but that's about it.
It's one of those subjects that we are just trying to learn more about.
For me the goal is truth. The truth about what happens to us after we die

And for the record
I always read your comments to stories. I think you
Treat others well, show concern, and try and help people with good advice. I'm certainly glad your in the class as we all try and learn together

Have a great day
Randy

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: