You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Maternal Uncle?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Maternal Uncle?

 

It was the first paranormal experience in our life. Yes, it only happened to my mom and myself. This incident happened on the time of 1987, when I was only 5 years old and my younger maternal uncle died by a serious road accident. He was truly lovable person, very intelligent. On 1986 he had passed his school final exam with a distinction in mathematics. He was most favorite brother of my mother. So, when we heard the news of his sudden accident and death, my mother really lost her nerves. At first she experienced the paranormal experiences that she told me later.

That was 7th July, 1987 when my younger maternal uncle met his accident and death. He was residing with my grandparents at Jamalpur, Bihar. My mother didn't get the news then, because we had been residing in Calcutta and she got the news on 10th July,1987. On 8th July, the next day of the accident my mother was busy in kitchen. The exit door was half open and the entire house was completely very silence. My mother was in her own relaxed mood with her works, suddenly she heard a familiar voice "Sister! My sister!" Mother returned back abruptly but couldn't see anybody. She knew the voice, my younger maternal uncle used to call her that, so she expected that might be the her younger brother has come. So she ran to the inside of the house, searching and searching everywhere-in toilets, in the rooms everywhere, but couldn't find anyone. The voice was so clear that she couldn't think at all that she might be any mistake. At last she found nobody had come and she was totally confused.

After half an hour that my mother went out of the house to receive me from the school and my school was 20 minutes away by walk from our house. That was afternoon time and nobody had been here and there. But my mother felt something invisible had been following her silently. She could hear only his footsteps, but couldn't see anybody anywhere, but still someone had been following her.

After 2-3 days when she received the sad news of accident she lost her nerves, cried, she was completely in trauma. After returning back to Calcutta one afternoon she was asleep and I was just beside of her, also sleeping. Suddenly my mother felt that her dead younger brother calling her and she woke up she saw a mysterious thing. She saw a cloudy, smoky figure was moving through the air inside of her bedroom. Later she knew from a spiritual book, that the mysterious thing is called as 'ectoplasm'. Anyway the figure disappeared from her eyes at once but she couldn't move.

Only not seeing, she even had been heard her dead brother's immortal voice, anytime, anywhere. One day I also heard my dead uncle's voice. One afternoon I was sleeping and at that I heard my uncle's voice "ghoton, ghoton (My nickname) ". The voice was very clear and it seemed to me he was standing just in front of me.

A very unforgettable incident happened when after 2-3 months we shifted to new home, we had need some people to fit the electric bulbs, fans. From nearby electric agency it's told to us the person would go to our house to fit the things. But that afternoon an unknown young man had come to our house to fit those. He was too silent, couldn't response anything to our any questions, but just obsessed with his work of fittings and after completion his work he moved away silently from the place, without taking any charge. After sometimes the electric serviceman had come to our house and we all were astonished in that incident. We never had seen that mysterious young man in that area until now and the electric agency also didn't know him.

Those incidents were really mysterious and unforgettable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, priyakolkataproperties, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Very touching story. Brought tears to my eyes. May your uncle's soul rest in peace.
priyakolkataproperties (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Yes, you all may be right, but as per our BhagwatGeeta (Hindu Religious Book) any human being or animal takes next birth, they never stays in heaven for ever, after a time they all have to take next birth as per their karma, until they acquire immortal and absolute knowledge about god. My Uncle also perhaps has taken next birth in these 23 years. We always pray that he may live a good live in next birth.
Actually this world is like a play theater and we all are acting here as mother, son, brother-sister etc. As
We die then our relation also will be end up with another. But I don't think so, I think if our relation strong then surely we will meet again in next birth.
My Mother and maternal grandparents all are well now and they survived from their trauma. As per our Geeta we all know this also that we all are bound here by Maya (binding with relation) and souls of living never can reach to Brahma (god) until they can ignore this Maya. My maternal uncle also left us then when within 2 years of his death we remained busy with our daily work. We had been feeling his presence for 2 years (1987-1989) and when we remained totally busy with our work then he came to dream to say goodbye.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I have to agree with darkness. Goodbyes are never forever. When the time comes for you to move on, you will meet him again and that time you waited would seem like a mere seconds and not eternity. I'm glad that your uncle has moved on and now is at peace.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
Im also sorry to hear off the loss, it seemed he was trying to say 1 last goodbye to you all around the time, I'm glad that you mention in your comment that he has moved on, it isn't goodbye forever you will all meet again one day!
Regarding the electrical service man coming and leaving that is just strange, I don't know what to make of that! 😕

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
priyakolkataproperties (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
No, Geetha, We had not been feeling his presence since 1989. Before leaving this world he had come in my mom's dream, as my mom told me later, when I grown up more. She told me, that she had seem my uncle in her dream, that my uncle is taking farewell from her and saying-"Now, I have to go, now, Bye for ever" and after that he had vanished into the clouds of the sky. Since then until now we never had seen him, even in dream.
My uncle faced his accident when he was going to his coaching class and a lorry ran over him. He was then just 17 years old.He's now living only in our memory.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
I'm sorry for your loss; it's never easy to lose someone who you love and really care about. There is no doubt the spirit was your uncle. The bond between your mother and uncle was so strong that he came back to comfort her in the only way he knew.

I hope your mother is okay now and has come to terms with losing her brother. I hope you uncle is at rest now but I was wondering if you or your mother could still feel his presences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: