You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Scary Sleep Pressure

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Sleep Pressure

 

I have read many stories about ghosts, sleep paralysis, etc. and can see quite a lot of logic. I feel I have to post this story in order to get my own answers based on other peoples experiences as it's not easy to just ask the right person.

For the last couple of years I have been experiencing a strange feeling whilst I have been sleeping. It has probably happened about 15 times all in all and I am 22 years old. Now, when I am asleep, I might be dreaming of whatever and then all of a sudden I feel some sort of presence around me. Now this feeling is really nice and it makes me feel really relaxed. I also feel like I'm in the state of waking up. Then all of a sudden, I feel immense pressure on my two shoulder blades pushing me into the bed (I always sleep on my stomach). Now, normally you can wake yourself up from dreams, but from this, I can't. I am fully aware that something horrible is going on. I feel my heartbeat race and start to panic, nothing I can do seems to stop it and as I can't see whats going on its even worse. I can however clinch my fist but its a real struggle. Then all of a sudden it stops and I wake up feeling really scared. Now I'm not the type to get scared easy or anything, but it's just how I feel. Another time, just before the warm safe feeling, I felt what can only be described as dog feet walking across my bed and duvet. Then it turned into another episode with the same results. This only happened once.

I have since moved out with my partner and it has happened again which leads me to believe it might be sleep paralysis. However I have never felt so much terror before in my life as when this happens. I feel like I am being tricked to feel safe and then set upon by something really nasty. What I am really hoping to achieve is that someone might be able to relate to this and help in finding out more about it.

An interesting point to add is that my Dad has also suffered from this. When I told him briefly about it, he explained it to me in detail and it was scary how similar the symptons were. So if anyone can shed some light I would be really greatful. Thanks for all your time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Alken23 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
I have had these pressure episodes happen to me for awhile now, and what I usually do is pray to Lord Jesus Christ to remove these demons from my body and room. After that, they go away almost immediately. I pray you all find your answers.
dekiss (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Hello
Ohhh, I have exactly same experience as you. Please let's get in touch somehow I must speak with you.
It started happening about 10 years ago when I was 18 years old, and it happened few times and it stopped, but from time to time I have the same experience.
It happened today before I woke up.
It is happening when I am sleeping, it is like very powerful strange weird noise coming louder and louder and I feel like some presence and it is getting me like trapped paralyzed, usually like today it is happening when I try to fall asleep then I feel it and if I don't wake up I think it will get me trapped, and sometimes when I am trapped I experience some weird stuff and few times scariest things you can ever imagine.
I think I might die or my brain get damaged from so much fear, it is like I am totally paralyzed and can't move but my brain is ok I am awake I don't sleep.
It is like my body is sleeping but my brain isn't.
Please let's speak I will tell you in more details about the visions I had and about the research I did on this. I found many things and many people have this same experience, we must all speak and see what is this and how to solve it.
Thanks.
Dtormala (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
I am 28/yo for the past couple years I been having some terrible frighten experience when sleeping. I get these dreams just about even night and sometime during the dream I usually getting chased like someone trying to hurt me or kill me. But sometime in the darkest hour I see shadow figures and there hovering around me and there reaching for me. I start feeling that I can't breath and gasping for air. I sometime manage to wake up from this cause I wake I felt the life slipping away from me. Sweaty and breathing heavy. The other times when sleeping. I see these same shadow figures surrounding me and sometime I see a bright white light and I feel a calming presences that I'm safe. I don't feel being hurt or breath taken out of me. Other nights when sometime these dreams occur. I sometime feel trapped I can't move... I try calling for help but no words to be heard. But I feel myself moving like being pulled of my bed towards the wall, the foot and or the floor. I not sure if is the same thing as the sleep pressure or anything. But I am completely terrified by this after I wake from it. Can someone please give me an idea of what it might be. Thanks.
akram786sk (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I am suffering from sleep paralysis. What can I do to stop this?

I went to sleep and when I am about to close my eyes, a intense pressure is pressing me on my chest, I am unable to move any part of my body, unable to talk shout nothing is able to happen, I tried to move my hand because my mobile is just side of me, I catched my mobile and flashed torch in my eyes with very strong effort and unable to open my eyes. After some time all got set right.

Today when I am going to sleep, I just got on my bed did not close my eyes but again I can feel a strong pressure on me, unable to move, talk, shout. I tried a lot to shout but unable to do, after some time all set right.

I am unable to understand what is happening to me, my body temperature was decreased.

What can I do to solve this, please help me, please...
Rumy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hi All,

I used to experience the pressure during sleep when I was 15-16 years of age. I also experienced as if someone is touching and pressing my skin with a finger sometimes and I used to think my brother was doing it to wake me up. I used to get up and never found anything around me. I told my parents and they advised me to chant God's name in mind whenever such thing should happen. Also, I avoided to sleep alone in my room during those days. But, surprisingly, no one except me complianed about it in that house!

After some span of time, I stopped experiencing those things.

Now I live in USA. Y'day I experienced a very strange thing again and I cannot believe it... When I was sleeping during the night I felt I was dreaming something. Someone was touching my upper body with a palm (It felt so real!). I looked around and a little boy cladded in a white sheet was walking away from me. When I looked at him, he gave me a look back and his face seemed painted in White too.

Then, I suddenly felt scared and I could still feel that someone did really touch my upper body. I opened my eyes, nothing was around me. But, even with open eyes, I was feeling someone left me with a warm touch on my upper body. I could feel it in all my senses. Strange!

Can anyone explain this kind of thing? I am really scared after this happening.

Cheers.
Sight (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Ah, yes. What you experianced was a spirit trying to make a home out of your body. All's a human must do to defend themeselves is to tell it to go away, or to amake a gun with your hand and hold it to your chest. Get a grip on the human world and hold on, think of friends and family annd banish the spirit. Good luck and may you prosper in the young night.
Gman003 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
This is my first post, just signed up to these boards. I have been interested in the paranormal for ooooh about 15 years now (im only 20). The house I lived in when I was age 6-12 was haunted. Never got the chance to see anything, but it was little things all of the time. Things would be moved out of place, or electronic toys would go off in the middle of the night.

Anyways this post is in relation to the whole pressure thing. While at a buddies apartment (biggest and oldest one in town... And yes its haunted) we, um, well... 'self-medicate' if you know what I mean. Lol anyways ever since he told me about a spirit that he has been told is in his room, I have noticed shadows out of the corner of my eyes for split seconds. The other day something fell off a shelf. It was on a stable base, and the way it fell it went horizontal about 5 or 6 feet on its way down. Every now and then my body will feel VERY VERY weird, like not normal at all. Sometimes it feels like I'm being drained of energy, or less pressure on my body. Sometimes it feels like slightly more pressure. I usually pass it off as just being stoned, but after reading this I got to thinking: maybe its the ghost.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post. Sorry for the ramble on, but I have just finished 'medicating':)
Tousee (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hi there my friend. What you've experiance is a Ghost Pressure. It may sound unreal but trust me it's a stupid ghost. They attack you when you're most tired or when you're already sleeping and dreaming. They usually have you go through a stupid and confusing dream then BAM! You're pressured. It's funny that I came across this because I was just pressured last night. To get out of it I usually wiggle my feet really hard until I can kick my feet then it's gone. I'm not sure how strong your pressure is but mine is pretty strong. After I kick my feet it's gone but stays in my room. As soon as I get a little tired (not sleeping yet) it tries to get back on me. It irritates the crap out of me because I'm never strong enough to hit it. You'll never be able to see it but it'll scare the crap out of you sometimes because it makes you feel like there's something in your room. Whatever you do, do not talk smack about it during the day. It will really come back for you in your sleep. I did it once and it came at me so hard and made my dream feel so real that I was freaking out when I woke up. Talk smack about it and it will show you who's boss in your dream. When you go to sleep or when you feel it's presence, make you hand like a gun and put it on your chest. This will work for a while. I've had it for over 4 years. It's never harmed me but it just scares me sometimes. The worst was when it used my wife against me in my dream. Damn it felt so real that when I woke up I almost attacked my wife because I thought there was another entity inside her. Take care my friend!
curious_the_ghost (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
have you tried doing that sleep aphnea test? Maybe you should try it first to rule out anything physical & if anything shows up in the test? They video tape you also when they do them! Worth a try? Good luck
bby_phung (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
wow...i can't believe this... Recently my mom told me that, that has also happened to her in the hospital... She said that she's dreaming of something and later she feels her chest pressured and she can't move or scream, she feels like her enegry is being drained... My mom tired moving and screaming but nothing came out but lucky that the old lady next her woke her up by slapping her extremly hard across the face... My mom told me that if while I was sleeping and I feel my chest being pressured and heavy it means that a ghost is sleeping on me... My mom said to me that myth's in VietNam says that when your sleeping sometimes the spirts of whome who are amoung us can sleep on us to make us tired like sucking out energy to make us weak... Since your having it I would recommand you to ask a friend to sleep over and watch you if anything was to go wrong tell her to slap you like my mom... Good luck
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Do you feel drained after this event as if something has zapped your energy?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Shenny, thank you for your kind words and well wishes. I know you and others would have liked to have been here for the 1000th post, but as we all know, sometimes life gets in the way. You already had the courage to face life Shenny, you just needed that little extra something to help you realize it. I am glad that I could be of assistance to you and I am sure Martin feels the same way. Take care Shenny. Much love.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
CONGRATS SHANE!
I'm really upset I wasn't here to wish you on the spot 😢
Unfortunately I was at school, I really wish I was here to wish you at that very moment... I just want to say a BIG thank you for supporting me with my stories and giving me the courage to face life with my face held up high. I owe it all to you and Martin for helping me out with everything. Good luck on your 2000th Post 😉
This time, I'll make sure I'll be there. That's a promise no matter how far away we are... Once again congratulations Sir Shane... Your highness? LOL I'm just kidding. I hope all's well... You and every one else are always (and forever) will be in my prayers. BY the way... I hope I'll soon have a 100th post here...LOL...Well,

Take care, God bless and much love,
Shenny. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Hey Granny, Thank you so much for your kind words. If you all don't quit getting me all misty eyed, people are going to think I've gone bonkers. I am of the belief that this place draws kindred spirits from around the world together. Just look at the little family we have now. Those who for what ever reason have stuck around beyond the normal couple of posting or stories. Those who actually say you watch my back and I'll watch yours, and mean it. I would be proud to have anyone of you on my investigation team. Thanks again and here is to you making that senior position.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Dear Shane,

Thank you too for your lovely words. Like you, I was also tearing up and becoming misty eyed, especially after reading your 1,000th post here. I did not want to break the quiet, mystical and loving spell, as I also wanted you to savor your 1,000th post along with my celebration reply as they were. Your 1,000th post looked so wonderful there. I am honored you chose to use your 1,001 post to lovingly reply to me. It has been a great ride with a few bumps, but none we could not handle. I agree with everything you said in your 1,000th post, and appreciate your compliments to myself as well. Here's to the next 2,000th post to come! I'll be there my friend, I'll be there!

With Love, Your Friend, Abby ❤
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
A hearty "Amen!" to the explosions of joy and fireworks. I didn't want to miss this happy occasion, either. And with an ice-cold glass of this country's favorite soft drink, I'm drinking a toast to one of the nicest human beings I've ever known. So Most Excellent Lord High Marshal 😆, here's to you, my friend, and to a 1000 more ghostly posts. ❤--Granny
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Thank you so much Abby. Know that I am cheering you on as well. You are not that far behind me. I know that life sometimes gets in the way and you aren't able to be here as much as you would like, but I know that as long as there are people out there who are experiencing things they can explain you will be there for them. Your kind words my dear friend brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. Thank you! With much love!

Martin, don't think I missed what you have done on the main page. Thank you my friend for everything. You have a great site here and you have brought together a whole host of people from different backgrounds and beliefs who share your passion for the paranormal.

Now I guess I had better get back to work, helping those who seek it and commenting on those who don't. 😊

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Dear Shane,

Explosions of joy and fireworks! Noise from noisemakers and confetti falling all around the yourghoststories site. The sound of the cork popping off a bottle of ancient, icy cold, ghostly brew. It truly is a night of a thousand ghostly hauntings, as a thousand ghosts as white as sheets, dance around all of us here at yourghoststories.com! :)

My dearest friend, ghostbuster and fellow, senior ghoster poster, words cannot express my heartfelt Congratulations on this night/day (time zones) of great celebration to mark your milestone of 1,000 posts on yourghoststories.com! It could not have happened to a nicer, guy, husband, dad, preacher man, road warrior, knight and human being. You are truly the sweetest guy I know around any place, especially around haunted houses and ghostly scary graveyards. I know who I would call if I had ghosts, and if anyone would ask me, "Who ya' gonna' call?". Without my telltale heart skipping a beat and no blushing, I would tell them point blank, "Why, Shane that's who, ghostbuster and all around sweet, nice guy Shane, that's who!". I am honored to have been there with you when you made almost every one of those one thousand posts, and I hope to witness many more to come. Two Thousand (2,000) posts here we come, I'll be glad to be there along for the ghostly ride cheering you on to yet another milestone of posts on yourghoststories.com.

A million Congratulations on your 1,000th post! With beaming pride and much love for my dear friend and fellow, senior ghoster poster on his ghostly posting, accomplishment, Lotsa Love and Congratulatory Hugs, Kisses and Smiles. 1,000 Blessings, Proud Abby

A memory lasts forever, never does it die...
True friends stay together and never say good-bye.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
We have now come full circle! This is where it all began for me, 1000 post ago. Man hard to believe that I could have had that much to say in such a short period of time. I couldn't have done it without the support of some very special people.

Martin, without you my friend, none of us would be here. Your insightful thinking created a place where people can come and tell their stories of the paranormal and not be labeled for their experiences. Well at least not in a bad way. 😆 You have also shown me that I shouldn't let my fear of hurting anothers feelings block the truth about a story.

Abby, you my friend stood beside me, through some trying times, even when I didn't know it was you. Your wisdom, patients, and some times scoldings have taught me a great deal. You are our mother hen, site queen, and Royal sage all rolled into one. Know you are loved by a great many here and especially by one.❤

To Bell, Kim, Shenny, Granny, and all the other YGS authors, readers, and posters. None of this would have even been remotely possible if you had not submitted your stories or thoughts.

Here is to 1000 post and to a 1000 more. I challenge all my senior posters to strive to make this landmark. Not by flooding the board with uninterested, rude, immature, or half hearted remarks. But with what you have already been doing. Being understanding, kind, thoughtful, and loving of those who may need our assistance in understanding what is going on around them.

To all our new members, A very big WELCOME, I hope that you find answers to the questions you have. I know I will do my best to answer them. I also hope that you enjoy your time here with us and will become an active part of our little family. Now with that being said, let the party begin.

PEACE, LOVE, AND LUCK BE WITH YOU ALL, ALWAYS!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2007-10-10)
Yup, Shane, this would be your first post (as a registered user, I don't know if you posted anonymously at first). If you want to commemorate your 1000th post, it would be indeed a perfect place to do so! 😁
Mel (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-25)
I've had a similar expereince - and trust me, I freaked out!

Before I went to bed this particular night, I tried talking for the very first time to my guardian angel. My partner was away for work and during the night, I awoke sudenly, lonely and thought "Guardian angel is going to have to keep me company" and as if at the speed of thought, I was paralyzed and could hear this stong buzzing/static sound in my head. It got stronger and stronger and suddenly, I felt a strong pressure on my lower back (I was layin on my side). It travelled slowly up my back and towards my head. The closer to my head it got, the more intense the static sound was. It truely felt like somebody was behind me, either crawling on the bed close to my back, or simply pushing me with their hands. I tried to move, but couldnt. I wished it away, in my head I thought "Go away, Go away, Go away" and it eventually subsided. Needless to say, I'm still scared to sleep in the dark alone and fear there is always something behind me.

Honestly, I don't know what it was. I have looked into the sleep paralysis thing and yes, a lot of it sounds logical. But honestly, the number of people I have spoken to which have experienced something similar is just astounding! I am intrigued, so if you find out more, please let me know!
For months I thought I was going crazy! I am so glad you posted your story to share, It makes me feel more sane! You're not alone!
sadie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
one night my cousin and I were having a great time playing downstairs when all of the sudden... We heard a gohstly voice say our names! We looked at eachother and screamed. We ran upstairs and leaped in the bed with my grandparents. We got under the covers. I felt a streak a fear shiver down my back. It had been the most scary night of my life. The end.
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
I feel that this is just SP, that relaxing state before the pressure is usual, I find that if I do not try to struggle strange things start to happen, I read somewhere that it helps you to enter a very powerfull lucid dream, in my experience of not struggling I have been levitated, dragged out of bed and around my room even banged into my closed bedroom door, I always find that the scary bits are just an intro to whatever happens next, in my experience I have had the most wonderful things happen to me after the initial scary SP, but if I try to wake up like most people do, it can be disorientating and disturbing even to someone regular to SP.
I hope that helped.

Peace.
Tina (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Hi - I've been googling and trying to look up "knocking on the door and no one there" and came to this website. I've found many interesting reads here. I would like to add my own personal experience.
Usually my troubles come when I am sleeping and always at 3AM. There used to be a dark silhouette of a man standing at the foot of my bed and letting out a terrrible hollor so terrifying it woke me up and I would be in a panic attack. I would also get a knocking at the front door at 3AM (again would wake me up) and I would go to see who was at the door and no one was ever there. I moved last April and didn't have anything happen until around November. Every once in awhile I hear that knock at the front door. When I first heard it I was afraid I'd get that figure at the bottom of my bed again but I have heard the knocking several times and the figure has not returned. Last night it happened again at the same time - 3AM. I went and looked but no one was there. I don't understand what I'm experiencing and I'm wondering if it is a good spirit at the door trying to warn me about something or if it is a bad spirit trying to get me. I've been told it could be attributed to PTSD but I have had no reason in the past year to have anything reactivate that. Also, when I'm sleeping sometimes I feel like I'm being pressed hard into my bed and sometimes I feel like I have a ghost in my body and all I'm doing is projectile non-stop vomiting. And of course when I wake up I'm panicing. I guess that has happened only once since I moved. Just curious what your thoughts about this are. Thanks...
Jon (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
yeah I just woke up from a sleeping paralysis and decided to look online to see what is going on and I have been reading many articles. This has happened to my many times. Its usually when I get home from school no one is home and when I'm taking a nap. It is right before I sleep I feel like I can't move my arms or legs. All I can do is look around. Thanks to my phone I recived a text message and then was unparalyed
me (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-09)
creeeeeeepy!thoose are really really really scary well not really but if it acctually did happen to you you would probably be scared ...so ya!
spacey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
I totally feel like I am going crazy. This used to happen to me just like maybe once or twice a year, but now it happens daily.

This is like late morning time, as I work nights. It's like I hear this roaring noise and it wakes me up. It is so loud, like people stomping their feet so loudly throughout my house, but how can they be making so much noise on carpet?
Then I hear a presence come into my bedroom, because I have a box fan going to block out noise so I can sleep during normal people's working hours, and when the presence enters, the sound the fan makes actually changes...as if something is blocking the air flow, then I actually feel it get onto my bed and move around. I can feel the pressure of my blankets push onto me like about the weight of a cat I'd guess....but when I look to see what or whatever is there, nothing. This is pressure from on top of me. Something putting pressure from the outside.
I am fully awake, and so am not dreaming this, and it scares me as I can feel my heart racing, but even so nothing has ever bad happened to me, so why am I so scared?
I don't understand this, and it sort of appears that others have sort of experienced the same sort of thing in different degrees.
Any ideas of what's going on?
I feel like I'm loosing my mind totally, and when I told my family about this, they looked at me like I was crazy. I mean really, who do you tell, your doctor? Yeah right!
I'm not ready for a mental ward yet.
I always thought that ghosts or spirits were weightless? So why can I feel this movement and pressure?
Katy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-01)
I posted a comment on the 15th and want to share my success story of last night - I was more powerful and fought it off and out of my room.

Last night was better! I threw holy water in each corner of my room ;o) and tried as hard as I could not to be scared. At 4:19am I heard a push on my bedroom door – and I felt it in my room. It tried again as usual, I got really warm – always happens – like the temp goes up – but it couldn’t get me. I felt it trying, and I would describe the attempt as a TB test compared to a full needle injection. That’s all it could do. I had more strength than ever. I just kept saying and feeling love over and over. It left after maybe 10 minutes, and I heard a knock on the front door – but it sounded like those door knocker things, the metal rings, and we don’t have one of those. My roommate took me to work this morning and I told him about it and that we’re not talking about Bastardo (nick name) in the house at all anymore. He heard the knock too.



Mom’s hairdresser has a psychic friend that she talked to about the problem. She told her to tell me that the spirit is bad, doesn’t like to say evil, and it’s after me because I’m weak and I need to ignore it completely and not be afraid. She also said that’s exactly what it is trying to do, get inside of me. Nothing I didn’t already know. She said I need to get some people from a church over, she won’t “send them home” by herself.
Nivra (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
Hrmm...I'm not sure if this is the correct answer but this is what I think. You my friend, have been visited by a Succubus. A succubus I guess is a female demon (Incubus being the male) who visits men as they're in bed awake or asleep. In order to 'make love' to them. It usually leaves it's victim either, very weak or just shocked.

well... I hope this kinda explains what you've been experiencing.

Nivra.
carolyn (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-23)
ive had this happen twice now. all of a sudden its freezing and it feels like I'm being pushed into the bed. I cant move even though I try to and one of the times there was this weird buzzing noise.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: