You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Night

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Night

 

This happened in 2016 when I was in Kolkata. We (me, my husband and son) used to live in an apartment on the second floor of an old building near Hoogly river. Actually it was a government allotted place to my husband.

It was a normal day for us. At night we went to sleep around 11pm. My bedroom had a double bed facing a wall which had television on it. The rest of the wall was empty except for a wall clock. The end of the wall had the door through which we entered into the dining area. The door was closed and the lights were off. I was sleeping in the middle of the bed with my husband and son on either side.

At around 1pm (I will tell you how I got to know the time later), although in deep sleep, I sensed someone staring at me. I cannot explain how I sensed it. I felt uncomfortable and opened my eyes when I saw something bright hanging in the air at the end of the bed. I know it's funny but it actually resembled something like an astronaut in their white suit except that the suit was bright. I could see it clearly. It scared the hell out of me. I closed my eyes and started shouting for my husband to wake up.

He woke up and switched on the light. Nothing was there. That's when I saw the time on the wall clock. My hubby told me that I must have been dreaming but I don't think so. I remember seeing it clearly. Afterwards, we slept through that night peacefully but with the lights on which we did for the coming nights too. Nothing of this sort happened again.

Can anyone explain what had happened? Was I really dreaming? If not then what could it be? It was nothing like the ghosts we see in movies. I don't understand what happened.

Other hauntings by MPS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MPS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-10-28)
We all have a guiding force around us, it's good to know that there's not just only evil in the world, but a lot of good too.
MPS (3 stories) (8 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-25)
Hello Sushant

I will have to find more about false awakening stage that you have pointed out. But I still feel I was awake.
MPS (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-09-25)
Hello Rajine

Yes I think it could be a guardian angel. Thank you for this insight. It feels nice to think there is someone looking after me. I have never had such an experience before.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-24)
Hello MPS,

Rationally, I think you were in False Awakening stage. A false awakening refers to the strange experience of "waking up" when you actually remain asleep.
May be perhaps I could be wrong

Regards
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-23)
Hi MPS

I feel that your experience was a pleasant one, it might be a guardian angel or a passed loved one checking up on you, have you had this sort of experience before?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: