You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Scary Night In Lonavala

Real Ghost Stories

A Scary Night In Lonavala

 

*********DISCLAIMER**********

Dear Readers This a Story from 2005. When I visited Lonvala for a office Conference from Kolkata

FROM HERE STARTS THE STORY.

It was a silent night in Lonavala, and I found myself walking alone on the deserted streets of the small hill station because it was a weekday and at that time there were very less tourists. I had come here for a work conference and a meeting with some very important officers, but it had ended earlier than expected, leaving me with a free night to explore the town. Because I expected that the time would be like 2:00am at the night.

As I walked, I noticed that the town was eerily quiet at 12:00 pm. The only sounds were the rustling of leaves and the howling of the wind through the trees. I shivered as I walked, feeling a growing sense of unease.

After wandering for some time, I stumbled upon a big hotel. It looked old and heritage type of property. I entered the lobby, and the boy at the reception greeted me with a smile. Then they gave me a room and charged Rs2000 per night which was very cheap for that moment at midnight because the hotel was very famous and big enough to charge more.

Then the bellhops welcomed me and asked, "Welcome, sir. Can I help you with your bags?"

I declined because it was only one bag pack and headed up to my room, which was on the second floor of the hotel. The room was dimly lit, and the furniture was old as it was heritage hotel, but it was clean and comfortable. I decided to settle in and get some rest before my journey back home the next day.

As I lay in bed. I quickly got to sleep because I was very tired from the journey and the meetings. Then after sometime I mean a few hours later, I heard strange noises coming from the hallway. It sounded like someone was walking, but the steps were slow and deliberate, as if someone was dragging their feet. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but the sounds only grew louder.

I got up and opened the door, but there was no one there. The hallway was empty, and there was no light but there was windows in hallway and moon light was coming in hallway so I can see the hallway lightly and but the sounds continued. I realized that they were coming from the room next door, which was supposed to be vacant because there were no other tourists on my floor.

I decided to investigate and knocked on the door, but there was no response. As I turned to leave, I saw a dark shadow move across the wall. It was not a person or a figure, just a shapeless shadow.

Suddenly, a cold breeze blew past me, and I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and saw the shadow again, floating in the air, casting an ominous aura. It seemed to be staring at me with an unknown intention.

I froze in terror as it floated closer, the shape of the shadow growing larger and larger. I could feel its eerie presence on my skin, and I realized that I was facing something far more sinister than just an empty hotel.

I stumbled out of the room, my heart racing with fear. I quickly gathered my belongings and ran out of the hotel, never looking back. I realized that I had stumbled upon something that I could not explain, something that was beyond the natural world, and then I stayed at the temple for rest of the night near the railway station and waiting for my train to Mumbai.

Later when my fear got less. I went to the hotel again and asked the bellboy. He told me that the room that was given to me was haunted and recently a lady committed suicide in the room. They had given room to me because I told them that I would stay for few hours and leave (and I also asked for discount) and they don't know that this will happen also for few hours.

When I returned home, I confided in a close friend about my experience who had stayed in the same room. To my surprise, they revealed that they had also had a similar experience in the same vintage hotel (because it was very famous in Lonavala for it's beauty from the rooms windows). It seemed that the shadowy apparition that had haunted me was not just a figment of my imagination but a terrifying reality.

Thanks for reading my story. I hope it gave you a shiver down your spine and made you realize the power of the unknown. Lonavala may seem like a peaceful town, but it hides secrets that even science cannot explain.

As for me, I still wonder about that shadowy figure and what it wanted from me. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light, or maybe it was something more sinister. Whatever it was, it has left an indelible mark on my memory and a lasting fear in my heart.

So if you ever find yourself wandering alone in a deserted place, keep your wits about you and be prepared for the unexpected. You never know what may be lurking in the shadows, waiting to reveal its true form.

Stay safe, my friends, and may you never encounter the unknown.

Sorry for the long narration. All comments are welcomed. Please Share your feelings and feedback about my experience.

Thanks

Bengali9899

Other hauntings by Bengali9899

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bengali9899, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
No offense buddy, but it's hard to believe that this story is true if you keep on changing the facts as often as your socks 😜
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-04-06)
MythBelieve.

I completely agree with you, that part sounds a bit... Sketchy. But so are several points of this narrative.

I have to confess that, the first thing I'm skeptical about, is the supposed age of this poster, a "middle age adult", according to the age groups of the forum, they should be between 40 to 60 years old. Yet, their demeanour and comments speak of a much younger person.

Anyway, I see that your smart and respectful comment has been unfairly downvoted 7 points. This has been happening of lately to any comment that resembles a criticism or questioning any questionable story, specially if it is from India.
MythBelieve (4 posts)
+11
1 year ago (2023-04-06)
Apologies for my response in advance but it feels so odd... Usually if I am moving between cities for a conference, the hotel will be pre-booked and if the meeting is getting finished at such an odd hour 12 AM, a normal person will certainly look for an accommodation nearby or take a transport given that I am new to this place
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
CrimsonTopaz.

I think everyone makes mistakes...it's part of being human.

Greetings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
typo
Noun [ C ] informal
UK /ˈtaɪ.pəʊ/ US /ˈtaɪ.poʊ/

A small mistake in a text made when it was typed or printed

Https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/typo

Hi Bengali.

Thanks for your feedback. The part about some hotels in India using padlocks for locking doors is interesting and explains why you were able to tell that no other room was taken that night, and the reason why you thought some one could have been locked in the adjacent room.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this doesn't help to explain the discrepancy between your following statements:

"strange noises coming from the hallway. It sounded like someone was walking, but the steps were slow and deliberate"

And:

"SOUNDS WERE LIKE OF SCRATCHING MY ROOM DOOR,"

Furthermore, a typo is a little grammar mistake, like typing 1989 instead of 1998; or dgo instead of dog... But "SORRY THERE IS IS A TYPO IN THE THE STORY. I WANTED TO MENTION A SUICIDE WAS COMMITED IN THE ADJACENT ROOM.", can not be considered a typo, specially since there're two whole paragraphs in your original narrative describing the room being haunted and the reason behind this, plus your friend staying in the same room as you.

The point is, missing a word that changes completely the flow of your narrative makes the reader wonder if you have been truthful or if your work is fictional.

"SORRY I MISSED TO MENTION THAT IN THE STORY SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED BY MY MISTAKES IN THE STORY"

I don't think your mistakes are inconvenient to anyone, if anything, they may have caused a negative first impression and made the readers question the credibility of your story.

It would be convenient if you read the submission guidelines of the site:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/submit-story-guidelines.php
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
Val, I'm still making a ton of mistakes myself on YGS and can't point fingers and hopefully it didn't come across that way. I'm a bit of an old-duck who doesn't write or spell well and to top it off I'm as blind as a bat so I usually don't spot my mistakes when I read my comments back. Lol.
Bengali9899 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
Thanks for the help. I don't know that we should not write in caps. Sorry for my mistake
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+6
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
Thanks for trying to help a fellow poster, CrimsonTopaz.😊 It is indeed considered very rude to type in all CAPS, it's considered to be like yelling and can result in deletion of the comment.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
You should have properly known this fact that you must not visit any house or hotel in any forest, since there are many places in such deserted areas known to be haunted or they can also be places where criminals or other type of anti social elements stay to protect themselves from the police and to hide their secret, they might even kill you. It can be dangerous for your life also. You should have understood that something is wrong with the place, when they offered you the place at low rates and the same time you should have not stopped there and left as soon as possible. Take care. May God be with you always.
luckyjee (7 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
HI Bengali
Thanks for giving answer
I heared about bengal its famouse tantra and black magic
Is it true
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
Bengali9899, You have retold your experience well. It must be hard trying to write in foreign forums. It is also hard trying to remember to put every single detail in your narrative. You've done the best you can, that's all that matters. I feel for you being in such a frightening situation. Main thing is you left and were unscathed. (Try to avoid using CAPS) I think the quidlines say to avoid CAPS, or comments may be deleted by the moderators. (I don't mean to over step my mark Val). I'm just trying to help Bengali9899.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope to see more of your stories.
Bengali9899 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
SORRY TO LUCKYJEE FORGOT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

YOUR QUESTION. Are you from bengal or mumbai becouse you said that you retured to mumbai?

ANS: YES I BELONG FROM A BENGALI FAMILY AND MY TITTLE IS SARKAR
I RETURNED TO MUMBAI BECAUSE FROM LONAVALA THERE IS NO DIRECT TRAIN TO KOLKATA. SO FIRST I HAVE TO REACH CSMT (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus) AND THEN TAKE THE TRAIN TO HOWRAH TO REACH KOLKATA.

I THINK I AM ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR ALL QUESTIONS

DO CHECKOUT MY OLD STORY.

THANKS FOR READING MY STORY

PEACE OUT

😉 😉 😉
Bengali9899 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
[at] Rajine, [at] lady-glow and [at] lucklyjee Thanks for your lovely comments and Questions. Now let me answers the questions asked by you people
Step by step

Now, let me answer the questions asked by lady-glow

First question asked by lady-glow

What made you get up and open the door if, after all, you were in a hotel and it wouldn't have been unusual if someone were up and about at any given time. Perhaps another guest heading out to the airport, or to the bus, or the train station, or even going to get something from a vending machine in the lobby?

ANS: AS I HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED IN THE STORY IT WAS A WEEK DAY AND THE HOTEL WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY. AND IN INDIA USUALLY HOTELS DON'T HAVE VENDING MACHINES. AS IT WAS CONFIRMED BY RECEPTIONIST AND SOUNDS WERE LIKE OF SCRATCHING MY ROOM DOOR, SORRY I MISSED TO MENTION THAT IN THE STORY SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED BY MY MISTAKES IN THE STORY

Q2. How do you know the next room was vacant? Did you ask for such information at the front desk, or did the receptionist offered it freely?

ANS: I KNOW THAT THE NEXT ROOM WAS VACANT BECAUSE IN INDIA SOME HOTELS SOMETIME USED PADLOCKS FOR LOCKING THE ROOM AND THE PADLOCK WAS HANGING INFORNT OF THE DOOR AS LOCKED.

Q3. Is this an acceptable/normal thing to do in India? Did it occur to you that, perhaps, the person staying in that room could have gotten up to use the washroom, or to do whatever else people have the right to do in the middle of the night without having to be questioned by their neighbours? Or was the sound of the steps extraordinary enough to make you forget the most basic good manners?

ANS: I KNOW THAT THE NEXT ROOM WAS VACANT BECAUSE IN INDIA SOME HOTELS SOMETIME USED PADLOCKS FOR LOCKING THE ROOM AND THE PADLOCK WAS HANGING INFORNT OF THE DOOR AS LOCKED.THAT'S WHY I THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE HAD BEEN LOCKED IN THAT ROOM. SO I HAVE GONE THERE TO HELP THE PERSON WHO GOT LOCKED BY SOMEONE.

Q4.Which room? As far as I can tell and based on your narrative, you were standing on the hallway, outside the door of the next room. Or do you mean you managed to enter the neighbouring, haunted room?


ANS:SORRY IT'S A MISTAKE GOT DONE WHEN I WAS TYPING THE STORY LINE "stumbled out of the room, my heart racing with fear." GOT MISPLACED IN THAT PLACE. NO I DIDN'T ENTERED THE ROOM.

Q5.1) that bellboy was very unprofessional and had a loose tongue
2) in which one of the two rooms did the woman committed suicide?


ANS:1) ANS IN INDIA MOSTLY PEOPLE TAKE MONEY AND BRIBE AND TELL THE TRUTH I DID'NT MENTIONED IN THE STORY BECAUSE I DO NOT PROMOTE THIS TYPE OF ACTIVITES.
2) SORRY THERE IS IS A TYPO IN THE THE STORY. I WANTED TO MENTION A SUICIDE WAS COMMITED IN THE ADJACENT ROOM.

SORRY FOR THE LONG COMMENT. HOPE I AM ABLE TO ANSWER ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS PERFECTLY.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORIES. DO CHECKOUT MY ANOTHER STORY.

PEACE OUT

😊 😊 😊
luckyjee (7 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-04-04)
Hi bengali
are you from bengal or mumbai becouse you said that you retured to mumbai
Any way your story was good
.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-03)
Hi Bengali.

From a non-native-English-speaker to another, and making it clear that I think you did a great job narrating your story, but there are some points that I find a bit confusing and would appreciate if you explain what you mean.

"I heard strange noises coming from the hallway. It sounded like someone was walking, but the steps were slow and deliberate... I got up and opened the door "

What made you get up and open the door if, after all, you were in a hotel and it wouldn't have been unusual if someone were up and about at any given time. Perhaps another guest heading out to the airport, or to the bus, or the train station, or even going to get something from a vending machine in the lobby?

" I realized that they were coming from the room next door, which was supposed to be vacant because there were no other tourists on my floor."

How do you know the next room was vacant? Did you ask for such information at the front desk, or did the receptionist offered it freely?

"I decided to investigate and knocked on the door, but there was no response"

REALLY?!?!?!
Is this an acceptable/normal thing to do in India? Did it occur to you that, perhaps, the person staying in that room could have gotten up to use the washroom, or to do whatever else people have the right to do in the middle of the night without having to be questioned by their neighbours? Or was the sound of the steps extraordinary enough to make you forget the most basic good manners?

Then you saw the shadow and "stumbled out of the room, my heart racing with fear."

Which room? As far as I can tell and based on your narrative, you were standing on the hallway, outside the door of the next room. Or do you mean you managed to enter the neighbouring, haunted room?

And the part that I really don't get and find it very contradictory is the following:

"when my fear got less. I went to the hotel again and asked the bellboy. He told me that the room that was given to me was haunted and recently a lady committed suicide in the room. They had given room to me because I told them that I would stay for few hours and leave (and I also asked for discount) ... I confided in a close friend about my experience who had stayed in the same room. To my surprise, they revealed that they had also had a similar experience in the same vintage hotel"

1) that bellboy was very unprofessional and had a loose tongue
2) in which one of the two rooms did the woman committed suicide?

IF she allegedly took her life in the room you and, previously, your friend stayed, why was her ghost making noises and coming out of the next room and not the, supposedly, haunted room they rented to you for a discount?

Sorry for the long comment.

I'll appreciate your feedback.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-03)
Hi Bengali9899

It must have been unnerving to go through that, what if it was something else that was there from before that unfortunate woman commited suicide.?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: