You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dreams And Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams And Voices

 

In the past week, I was in the closet of my parents' bedroom collecting clothes to wash, when I heard someone say my name. I thought it was my brother, because he and I were the only people in the house. But then my name was called again and it sounded close, like it was coming from my parents' bedroom. I paused, listening, and then there it was a third time. I called my brother's name several times before he yelled back to me. His voice was distant, much more distant than the voice I'd heard. That was a very strange experience for me.

I also had a dream this past week in which my grandparents were alive. I knew they were dead, in the dream, but it was like they'd come back alive and I didn't care how. My aunts, uncle, mom, dad, brothers, cousins, deceased grandparents, and a man I didn't recognize from real life but knew in the dream were all gathered around in a completely white room. We were all talking and laughing together. I could see everyone's smiling faces, but I couldn't hear the words, only the laughter.

My grandparents were seated in front of everyone, in their recliners, not really partaking in the chatting, but just watching and smiling. I watched my grandma mostly, in her green recliner she'd sit in (when she was alive), and at first she looked healthy and old, but then she started to get younger and younger until she looked like the pictures I've seen of her from when she married my Papa. And then I was in a different white room.

My brothers, cousins, the man, and I were all in the different room together. Again, everyone was talking and laughing, but I couldn't hear their voices. I was speaking to the man, but I couldn't hear him or myself. And then suddenly, I couldn't breathe. I fell to the floor and everything went black.

I awoke in another completely white room, only this time I was in a bed and everyone was gathered around me. I could hear this time, but there were no happy faces. I asked, "What happened to me?" And my mom, who was on the right side of my bed, replied, "You had a stroke." My mind went blank for a second as I tried to process the thought of me having a stroke. And then my grandma, who was on my left side, patted my hand and said, "Thank god - was there. He carried you all the way here." I couldn't hear the name she'd said, but I looked towards the man, so I knew it was him.

I then started to ask my mother why I'd had a stroke, what made me have a stroke, and how it was even possible. She didn't reply. So I asked a bit louder. Still no reply. I started to yell it as loud as I could, but she never did reply, because then I woke up.

I know it was a dream and that dreams can be odd on their own, but I've never dreamed of my grandparents before or that man in the dream. It was very strange. There was also a time when I experience something similar to my family being gathered around my bed. When I was 8, I was in an accident and had to be taken to a hospital in a different town by ambulance. Before I'd left the hospital in my town, my entire family (1st cousins so many times removed, 2nd cousins, etc.) came, one by one, to see me and tell me that I was going to be alright. The preacher from my grandparents' church came as well, to pray for me.

My mom rode with me in the ambulance. (Being afraid that I might not wake up if I went to sleep, I asked the EMT if it was okay for me to sleep. He said it was okay and I heard him telling my mom that I was very polite, asking if I could go to sleep.) My mom's parents and my dad's mom and stepdad, my dad and older brother were the ones who followed the ambulance. My uncle, my mom's brother, aunt, and cousins were all in a town not too far from the one I was being taken to, so they came too.

At the new hospital, again, everyone came to see me in the room I was in while waiting for surgery. I remember thinking it was odd for everyone to be so worried and crying, because I was so calm. But then I started to worry too, thinking that maybe I was going to die and that's why everyone came to see me. Well, after the surgery was over and I was in my own hospital room, I remember waking up. When I woke up that first time that night, I saw several people gathered at the foot of the bed. There were so many people. I kept wondering how they all could fit into the room. And then I went to sleep.

Other hauntings by PeppermintCandy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PeppermintCandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PeppermintCandy (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Isandhu, I have actually had a dream in which I was a different person, but in this dream I believe I was myself, although I never saw myself. Because in that other dream were I was a different person, I was looking down on a woman and I just knew I was her. She was me, at some point. I don't know what year it was, but it must've been quite a while ago because her clothing was not at all modern. She was asian, had two children (a boy and girl), and was running away from her husband.
I don't know why, but I knew in the dream that she-I-didn't want to leave her husband. She had to leave. And then I could see him, across the river, with another man beside him, watching her. Well, it was more like I was seeing through her eyes then. She grabbed her children's hands, looked down at her son, and when he looked up my dream ended.
Rookdygin, I hope not. I've had quite enough of health problems over the years already. I was born with health problems, bad veins and all. I'm already rather concerned with all of that... So it doesn't seem 'fair' for me to again be faced with another health problem.
But not all of my relatives that were in the dream are dead, just my grandparents. The others are still alive.
I interpreted my mother not answering me as mirroring real life, at first. If you try to talk to her or ask a question, she will not respond most of the time, like she didn't hear you. But she doesn't have bad hearing, she just doesn't pay attention.
I understand that. Like when my grandpa's mom came to him in a dream when he had lung cancer. He died two years later, after he'd told her he wasn't ready to go yet.
This would a really inopportune time for me to be ill, as I'm graduating and heading off to college soon. Starting my future, you know?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
These could have been just plain dreams or they may have been something...more.

First...Seeing your relatives that have passed, and they are all 'laughing' and happy... Sounds as if it may have been a way to reassure they are all together and watching over you.

Second...Your Grandparents, Grandmother in-particular may have been trying to tell you something. Something concerning your health... The 'unknown' man in the dream may be a 'Doctor' that can help you, but you haven't met him yet.

Third...Your Mother not answering you when you asked what happened to you... Well to put it simply, she couldn't answer you as she was not in your dream as a 'spirit'. Your parents were just important people that your mind added to the 'experience' that your 'Grandparents' were using to convey their concern about your health... But they all wanted you to know it's going to be OK.

Spirits can use our unconscious minds to communicate with us...it's up to us to remember these 'dreams' and put any information received to good use. Just a few thoughts on the matter...

Respectfully,

Rook
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I didn't understand if the second part of your story was a dream or not, and if not, whether there was anything paranormal about it. As for the first part of the story, I have had many strange dreams involving my deceased relatives, and sometimes wonder if they have actually come to visit me in my sleep. It also sounds like you may actually have been someone else in the dream. People who believe in reincarnation sometimes believe we come back with the same spirits over and over again. You may have been your grandmother's father or brother in another life, who died of a stroke and came back as you. You may have known the strange man you mentioned in that life, although you don't know him in this one.
PeppermintCandy (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I did, but my parents are very skeptical, especially my dad. My mom thinks that I dreamed about my grandparents because I miss them a lot. And my dad thinks I was just mixing up sound, because I was listening to music on my ipod, at a low volume.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Did you talk to your parents about this dream you had and the voice you heard?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: