You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Premonition And His Voice

Real Ghost Stories

A Premonition And His Voice

 

Almost a year ago I woke from a strange dream. I dreamt that my partner's dresser was missing from our bedroom and I was staring at an empty space. I awoke with a very uncomfortable feeling and tried my best to rationalize the dream as being more related to the fact we had new bedroom furniture on layaway at a local store and the dresser would be going. Still, though, something didn't feel right. In the past I have had dreams before pets have passed. Usually I dream something of theirs is missing (a pet bed, cage, etc.) and I get a very foreboding feeling. This was the first time I had ever had this happen where it involved a person.

Last Memorial Day weekend, May 28th, 2022, to be precise, my partner was accidentally killed when his gun fired just as we were turning in for the night. It was a tragic accident and to this day I don't understand how this happened. I really feel that the dream I had earlier was a premonition of what was to come although I could hardly glean it would be the harbinger of something so tragic. The bullet missed me and to this day, I don't know how I am still here.

As part of my healing, I stayed up in a northern Arizona town on weekends where I'd journal, rest, cry, and just relax. Over this past Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to read back in the journal I had kept since the accident. I have journaled since I was 12 years old and have always loved the aspect that we can track our progress and growth by simply reading back.

I got into bed with my notebook and started to read. As I reached more current times, my eyes started to close and the notebook would fall towards my face, jerking me back awake. After a few times of this happening, I set the notebook down and started to drift off. Somewhere in between that still awake and almost asleep state, I heard my partner's voice as if he were talking right into my ear. His voice was unmistakable. He told he was so proud of me. I could hear the intonation of the words. I immediately sat up in bed and said out loud, "I heard you! I heard you!"

He could clearly see what I was doing. He had to have known I was reading back on my journey through grieving his loss. It gives me hope that our loved ones are always with us. A lot of my friends have had signs so I was happy that is was finally my turn. Months later I can still replay this back in my mind. I memorized all of it. Every syllable.

I haven't had much more happen after that. I've asked for a few signs here and there, and he has always come through. On occasion I will smell pipe smoke in the house when no one has been smoking. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by DreamBird

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DreamBird, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-15)
Hi DreamBird

It's an amazing feeling, I've had a few of those and it usually happened around the time I was going through a rough phase, it's our deceased loved ones trying to let us know that they are still around no matter what
Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-14)
Dreambird,
AH! You had me in tears! I remember reading your initial story and being deeply touched at the time, and now you're updating us, which I so very much appreciate!

First, your dream of the "missing dresser." I GET THAT. I think you are absolutely correct, the symbolism seems unmistakable. I have similar dreams and find myself usually with a level of concern that I will miss something if I don't go over them (usually while I'm swimming my laps) to try and recognize messages. If you try too hard, by the way, it doesn't seem to work.

But then your experience with the journal... Wow, I have experienced similar after the death of my first husband Scott 30 years ago now! And similarly, I know he is proud of me too. I think it's a theme and so comforting. Blessings to you! Thanks for sharing.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
Dreambird, I remember commenting on an earlier post of yours, https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=28005
I know firsthand time doesn't make it any easier. You are dealing with a lot. I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you.
May your husband RIP.
DreamBird (7 stories) (25 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
Thanks everyone, for your responses. Hard to believe its been almost a year. I don't understand people who don't believe in the afterlife. There are signs.

I miss him but I trust he is still with me, checking in on things from time to time. It's a comforting thought.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but glad you've had (are having?) such a beautiful confirmation that he has not truly left you. Thank you for sharing this.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
Oh my goodness, Dreambird I'm so sorry for you loss.

I agree with Lady Glow, our loved ones are always near us in some way. So happy he was able to speak to you in such a clear way. Love knows no boundaries.

Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt and personal experience.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-04-13)
Hello DreamBird.

I'm sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

One could never be ready for such tragic and painful event regardless of all the premonitions one could get.

You are a strong person, I'm glad you have been able to get some closure and healing after the passing of his physical body, his love for you is always at your side.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: