You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doppelganger In The Hotel Room

Real Ghost Stories

Doppelganger In The Hotel Room

 

This happened a few years ago when I went to Myrtle Beach for my birthday with my parents. As a gift, I even got my own condo for the week.

One morning we were getting ready to hit every mini golf course that appealed to us. I had gone into my parents condo to say good morning and was now back in my master bath performing my morning toilette. I was just finishing my teeth when I saw my mother walk past the bathroom door. I thought she was trying to pull a prank on me with the old "pop out from behind the corner" gag and didn't know I'd seen her. I finished my teeth quietly, preparing to have her prank backfire on her. I tiptoed to the door to my bedroom (it had a door to the hallway and a door into my bedroom). I flung it open and the room was empty. I walked all around but she wasn't there. Note this was right by the front door of the condo; however the door is so heavy that it is physically impossible to open and close it silently. I went into their condo and asked my mom what she had wanted, on the off chance that maybe she had. She didn't know what I was talking about. I told her that I had seen her walk past my bathroom. She thought I was going nuts and logically so. I know for a fact that I wasn't imagining things because I had seen her as plain as the nose on my face. I was freaked out. Naturally Mom doesn't believe me and I don't dare talk to her about it. However, this isn't my only experience with the paranormal, I have a few others but on a lesser scale, but that's for another time.

Other hauntings by CearaIvory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CearaIvory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I think I maybe sensitive on a very small level. Or the reason I've only had a few experiences could be because I've been in the wrong area for it. If there has been a history of it in my family, I don't know. My mother is a severe christian, the kind of who thinks that everything that might contradict or interpret the Bible in another manner, then it's wrong and it's a sin. She says that God would never give a human those kind of abilities and they come from Satan. And my father's side of the family, I don't know, they're not very smart so if they have something they probably wouldn't know it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
You that this isn't your only experience with the Paranormal, are you sensitive? Does this run in your Family?

What you Witnessed may have been nothing more than a 'Projection' of your Mother. Perhaps she had been thinking about checking on you at the time you saw 'her' walk past your bathroom door... You 'saw' her 'Astral (Spirit) Body because she somehow was thinking about you and 'projected' herself. I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Respectfully,

Rook
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
wel not every human hear/see them or the experiences wouldn't be called abnormal.

The fact that some people have a higher level of spirituality than others can have a lot of factors.

The main thing is, not everyone can see them hear them or connect to them, many people have been to an asylum because ghosts or demons made them go insane, because in the old days you were either a witch or a evil wizard that used the dark arts if you spoke too ghosts, which could get you killed.

The fact that ghosts and what not try to get our attention is simple, they're trying to get over to the next plane of existence, or they need to know they are dead or have unfinished business to do.

Other ghosts are here too haunt people make them feel as misreable as they felt in life because they find it unfair.

You can basicly name a million reasons.
LexiBlue (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Why would they want us to know they exist though. If you think about it, if every one knew for a scientific fact that they do (even though I'm pretty sure we all believe at a point), it would mean them getting bothered and more and more people trying to look for them. Honestly I believe if that ever happened they'd get to mad... And we never know maybe they do want to get helped or not. But I can tell you one thing that ghost was maybe trying to look for something in that room and pretended to be your mom to get thru. Once she/he realized what they were looking for wasn't there they might have tried somewhere else. My might should have tried asking some of the other people and tried getting more information. Thank you for this story I enjoyed it

❤ LexiBlue 😊
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
it's possible the ghost is just stuck there and was unable to follow you to your current living.

Aswel as, that ghost realy does sound like a pranker tough, seems harmless.

Perhaps a visitor from the other realms, cause he/she didn't seem to have lost their way.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Well I'm sure you have the impertinent ones who think they have a right to mess with the lives of humans. And I'm positive that there are demons with nothing better to do then to scare the shizzle out of us, even attack us. I wasn't scared though of this until my mom said that she wasn't in my condo and my dad backed her up. South Beach was a relatively new resort that they had bought into so it's very possible that the spot they built the hotel on was the site of at least a few deaths. After all, where you have a lot of tourism you also tend to have a lot of crime, especially near the ocean which people think is the perfect place to dump body, never mind that bodies like to float. What I was feeling after the incident was likely paranoia because I never saw the thing again after that. That's why I think it was a simple pass through. A ghost that makes mischief once has usually done it habitually.
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
realy depends what kind of paranormal they are ceara.

Some ghosts seek attention so you can help them cross over.

Others are even scared and wil do anything out of fear.

Other ghosts are angry and negative most likely a poltergeist.

And a demon would try anything to make his/her presence clear too feed of your fear/negativity.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
I did stay in my room that night, mom and dad would never have let me hide. My mom didn't even believe I had seen her/it. I didn't see it again, I think it might have been a pass through that maybe couldn't fade all the way for some reason and needed a form I wouldn't question I guess. I'm sure the paranormal doesn't really WANT us to know they exist.
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
sounds like this doppelganger was a good old pranker.

He/she didn't seem to be trying to harm you as you didn't feel scared or frightend, but we don't know the real reason why it did this with you tought, anything else that might help make the story clear up alil more?
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
did you sleep there again that night? I would of been sleeping between mommy and daddy;) LOL
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
I love doppelganger stories. They always fascinate me. As to what you saw, I couldn't tell you. There are other people on here who can offer you better explanations. Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: