You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is That Me? (my Doppelganger)

Real Ghost Stories

Is That Me? (my Doppelganger)

 

I am working as a BPO employee in BGC, Taguig. Originally, I am from Laguna, but I am currently renting an apartment in Taguig by myself. Every weekend, I travel back home in Laguna, ideally after shift. I am on a graveyard shift, my schedules starts at 2 in the morning.

Let me also describe a little bit about what my place looks like, it's a townhouse, as in we are walls apart. Typical townhouse, horizontal set up, like when you enter the main door, it's already my living room, a few steps away, you're already in the kitchen/dining and on your way to the kitchen, to your right is my steps going to 2nd floor, where my room at. I always leave the lights on because every time I wake up at night it's pitch black and I can't see a thing and trust me, it's scary. Usually, I am up before my alarm clock rings and what I normally do is I cook or perhaps prepare early and probably roam around BGC with my motorcycle.

So, it was Friday. Last day of work (last stretch baby). After shift, we decided to go out and have some beers somewhere on Fort Street. I got a little bit drunk and instead of going in Laguna right away, I decided to go home to my apartment. I decided to take a rest and that I'll be taking off around 5am. I felt heavy that time for some reason. I don't know why. I felt like someone's watching me while I was sleeping. All the lights were open, I do my thing, when all of a sudden, when I went to my living room after taking a bath, I suddenly smell my perfume, like I just recently applied it to me. I just literally came out from the bathroom, so, when I enter my room, that's where I got goosebumps for no reason. I saw my perfume on my bed like someone prepared it for me along with my wallet and my motorcycle keys. I was already panicking and I am still in my towel. I checked the time it was just past 3am. I hurried up, forgot to charge my phone and forgot to bring my charger and then went off, but before going out, I completely turned off all the lights, checked if there's still socket unplugged.

I am already in the garage, I noticed that I forgot to turn the lights off in the kitchen, since I had already gathered my courage and heard my motorcycle's engine running I felt like I am already invincible. I completely forgot what just happened too, to be honest with you. I got occupied with what food I am going to eat along the way, so, as I was checking my motorcycle, I glanced back to the kitchen through the window of my living room, I really thought I was just seeing my reflection in from the glass of my window but to my surprise, I am looking at myself sitting by my table's kitchen. I freaked out and started praying and left just locking my main door. I left like I am in a race.

The next day, I called my landlord and said that I'll be living in a different place and asked the my brother to accompany me so that I can pick up all my stuff. To this day, I still have no idea what was that all about, is that a warning that I have to be more careful?

Thank you

Other hauntings by sudabi777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sudabi777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lwgrn4real66 (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-14)
I'm not trying to alarm you, scare you, or be negative. I was staying with my dad helping him out. He was 81, and had a leg amputated,

He went to the rest room one night around 8 or 9 pm. He used a walker in the house. He had a prosthetic leg.

I was in the kitchen. All of a sudden, I heard a walker around 3 steps away so I look up.

What looked like my dad came within 4 ft of me, passed me going to the living room. I looked away and only heard the walker sound fade out in about 3 sreps. Same clothes and it looked as plain as I were looking at you physically right now.

He never looked at me or talked. Usually, in the physical world, you hear a walker getting louder as it's getting closer to you, and as you know, you hear it fading away as the walker gets further away from you.

I went towards the living room like in ni more than twenty seconds to tell my dad something, but he wasn't there.

I went to the restroom door, he was still there and said he'd never left the restroom.

I know whatever passed by me never passed back by me to go back towards the restroom.

I saw his doppelganger. He didn't. Long story short, I'm nit trying to scare you. But, my dad passed away 8 weeks later.
Just please be careful. Get rid of the motorcycle if it's a daily driver. They're very dangerous.

My dad was a fireman for over 30 years and he told me of slot of stories of picking up people as a paramedic (pieces o of them) after having a motorcycle accident.

I really don't know what doppelgangers represent nor does anyone else know exactly. Be careful but don't live your life worrying or walking on egg shells.

Be careful. Let go of what you saw and don't "look" for it again. I've heard,"if you look for it, you'll find it! DON'T!
sudabi777 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-21)
Thank you guys for reading my story.

You guys probably right. I maybe high during that time. That other 'me' maybe friendly, he harmless though. He was just sitting and doing nothing.

Appreciate you guys!
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-20)
What was your other self doing, apart from sitting at your kitchen table? Was it looking back at you or just staring into space?

From what I gather it seems to be a very helpful entity, probably just wanted you to join in for some breakfast before you head of.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-03-20)
Sudabi777, Very interesting encounter. However, I can sympathize with your reaction. I, too, would freak out. I feel that 'one' of me in this world is more than 'enough',lol! Trying to inject a little levity here to calm you down a bit.
Many people have seen their Doppelgangers. However, most subscribe to a parallel universe for an explanation. I'm open-minded so that 'could' be a possibility. Yet, like L.V. Mentioned, you had just been drinking. So don't rule that out as a possibility either. I hope I'm not offending you. I'm merely throwing out some theories that you may want to consider. I've no doubt you saw something that alarmed you, but just consider what we've offered to you. If that happens again-I hope it doesn't for your sake-please let us know about it. Interesting read!

Take Care!
🤔 😊
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+3
1 month ago (2024-03-20)
Hello sudabi777, interesting experience, thanks for sharing it!

My overall feeling is that this encounter was nothing of any concern. You had never mentioned whether you've had anything like this happen to you before, so if this is a one time occurrence with nothing else preceding it, you don't need to worry.

You may have witnessed a time slip of sorts, not all so called doppelgänger sightings are just that, some see an event in the past or future as it were. Was your motorcycle actually running when you went to check on it? Was the 'other you' looking at you or oblivious to your presence? Perfume can tend to linger, so I'm not sure about that. You had mentioned drinking earlier in the evening, and that could have some influence on the events, but you also seemed extremely aware of your surroundings during this time as well. You had mentioned it being around 3AM which seems to be a prime time for the supernatural for various reasons.

The mind can tend to panic when it experiences something outside its known environment and comfort zone, and that can generate fear, not necessarily the situation itself.

I don't doubt that you experienced something out of the ordinary, but I don't feel you were in any danger or that it was a warning. On the contrary, I feel you were witness to something extraordinary, and I do also understand your reactions. From your other story, you seem to have a sensitivity to the paranormal.

Hopefully it helps add a different perspective, good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: