You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Black Was There

Real Ghost Stories

Something Black Was There

 

I was up late one night in early August of this year. It was around one in the morning and I was just relaxing and watching TV. I live a few mile away from a small airport and I heard a low flying plane so, since there wasn't anything else going on, I looked out the window at it. It was so low that after it was out of my view I moved to another window in my apartment to get another look. After it was completely gone, I kept looking out the window at nothing in particular. But, I saw something a little funny.

Right across the street there is an archway that goes over a path to my neighbors' house, and I thought I saw something standing there. At first I thought it was a person, but I just couldn't see completely since it was in the shadows. But then it moved. I knew something WAS there, but it wasn't a person. This thing was all black, had a head, torso, arms, and legs. Once I felt like this thing knew I saw it, it ran... It didn't run normally. It ran in super high speed. It looked like it just took off at a 35 mph sprint. Again I saw it's head, arms moving, and legs moving.

While trying to justify what just happened I tried to blow it off, but it came back, this time right in front of my window. I closed the blinds as quickly as I could and ran into my room and closed the door. As soon as I sat, my door began shaking. Not violently, but it was shaking. There were no earthquakes that night and there were no windows open. I shouted "STOP!" IMMEDIATELY it stopped.

That night I had a dream that I was holding a dead man in my arms. Well, I thought he was dead. He slowly opened his eyes at me and said, "You don't know me, but please look into my eyes." I looked into the man's eyes and saw his entire life. He had a good childhood but he did things through his life that he was not proud of. As I came back into the present moment a tear fell down my face. I told him, "Go to the light." He looked at me confused and with the most painful voice I have ever heard said, "Go to God!?" I looked down at him and said, "Go to God." Right away he went limp in my arms. I woke up almost immediately sweating and my heart pumping furiously.

I don't know what happened to me that night, but I have my ideas. I feel that a man was lost and I helped him. But I really wanted to get this out and have the input of others. Please help me explain this. This is the only experience like this that I have ever had. I did not willingly go out and seek a ghost, I feel that one sought me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cincinnati24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Infikiran (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-12-07)
Cincinnati,

I've had experiences throughout my childhood with a black entity, mostly when I younger "between 5 and 9 years old". I am glad your experience was with a friendly spirit. I'm mostly certain mine was a malevolent spirit. Very scary indeed. Not sure what would have happened if I interacted with it, I was too scared as a young child to do so as you could imagine. I know this is an older post, so I'm curious if you had any recent experiences like this one or if your hauntings have ceased?
DavidR12798 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
That's pretty creepy man. Hopefully you're still okay. I had a similar thing happen to me! 😲
Liyana (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Man... Though that's creepy, when you describe about the shadow, I think it similar with something I ever heard. Its not a human and neither a ghost. It have empty eyes and how it move so weird. Be carefull, I ever read same case, that's explain he feel like someone stare them. I forgot the name of the evil though. I guess that's bad because you said that you feel like something watch you. It happened too to the man. He feel something like human watch him in corner of his room.
Imaasome (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
That's scary relax your mind and try to make it happen again and if it happens again keep staring don't be scared
Ell_Annabelle (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-27)
When the ghost appeared in front of your window was in on the ground floor? How was it presented in front of your window and could you seem him more clearly?
Demonkiller (32 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-27)
Beautiful Story. I love stories like this.
Well done for crossing him over. 😊
GreyFeather (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Beautiful story:) I'm really glad you thought to send him to God. A lot of people wouldn't. Excellent work! Well done! 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
I had to read your story twice to get a better understanding of what happened. This spirit knew that you saw him and that's why he came to you (weather you liked it or not).

I disagree with Tigress because the mind does simply work that way but as a Psychology major, I think you know that.

As for totally closing yourself off, it is possible but like you said there are changes for both good and bad entities to try and come into your life.

Suggestions for protecting yourself:
- If you are religious, read the holy book of your practicing faith.
- Try to have a positive atmosphere in home and anywhere you go. Will keep evil entities out.
- There is a cleansing method on this website created by Rook. It was created to banish any evil entities and keep them out. You can use it on your home as a way of protecting yourself and loved ones from any evil entities.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure others will make suggestions also.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
Yes, I would say you did the right thing - he, it did not atempt to hurt or harm.
cincinnati24 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Thanks for all of the kind words that all of you have sent me. Rook, I just wanted to see what others would say about what happened to me and no I have never experienced anything else.
Tigress: Something in my story that I didn't say was that I've always been a skeptic when it came to these types of stories. I am a very calm and collected individual I've camped in the woods by myself hundreds of times and never have I had my imagination get the best of me. Plus, I don't know of anything that can move at about fifty yards a second that is about six feet tall. I actually was trying to explain to myself what happened and was about to blow it off, but it came back in front of my window and I saw it clear as day, I could say that this computer I am writing on is a figment of my imagination as well, but that's how clear it was, just as clear as my computer is to me right now. About the small airport that is five miles away from me, that's impossible, my door has never shook like that, ever before. I highly doubt a single engine plane miles away could do that and stop immediately when I say "Stop." About the dream you can believe what you want to believe. I do have a bachelors in Psychology so I understand the concepts of dreams with the subconscious (you didn't spell it correctly) and I understand your point, but this was way different than any dream I have ever had.
Zander, I haven't really. But I will say this someone was stabbed to death right where I saw this person, just a few years ago. It may mean something, it might not.
BrokenTree: It was just a very confusing experience for me. The last thing I was thinking about that night was anything paranormal, I was just watching American Dad lol. Truthfully, after my door shook I felt a real uneasiness in my room. As if someone was sitting on my chair silent and scared. But I think saying "Stop" made him realize that I did know he was there, so he stayed. Tell me if I am wrong but I feel that if I tried to make an attempt to stop interaction with any kind of spirit, more would actually come to me, good or bad.
Zetafornow: Thanks for the words. How would I be careful? How in the world do I be careful and keep 'evil entities' away from me? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks, Joey.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
Hello and I think you did a wonderful job in helping this man. I agree with the others in that you really don't seem to need help. You probably will have this happen more times and in different ways. However, just one suggestion... Be very careful in what you do and how you do it. There is a fine line between helping out a lost soul as this man and having evil entities come into your life.

Good luck to you, zeta.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
I think I know why you are asking for help. You stated that you did not willingly seek out a spirit yet one found you anyway. You don't want this to happen again do you? It was frightening for you. A lot of people on this board can offer you advice on how to protect yourself and perhaps to close the door that led the spirit to you. But do you really want to close that door? In my opinion you did a good deed. Sure you were frightened but imagine how frightened the spirit was. He thought that because he did things he was not proud of, that God did not want him. You showed him how wrong he was to believe this.
Don't be afraid. Learn how to protect yourself and carry on the good deeds. You'll be a better person for it.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
Wow that was a very powerful and emotional experience. I agree with the others, you did a wonderful job. I am sure that man is very grateful for your help. 😊 ❤
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
You did everything right. Just curious, have you ever had insights about crime scenes or the like? I'm wondering if victims of crime might be able to impart information to you as well.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
Don't be surprised if this happens to you again, you did really well. I still remember the first time I helped someone cross over, I was scared to death, my teeth were chattering and I kept telling him to "go to the right" instead of "go to the light." lol
I agree with Rook, in that it may be an ancestor or perhaps someone who sought you out simply because you were the first person that acknowledged them. You did a good job.
Tigress (1 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-09-26)
I believe that you see what you want to see...

In this case you could have seen an animal or shadows from trees in the neighbourhood and then you may have started to imagine things. It must have been dark outside since it happened around 1 AM.

The door could probably be expalained by the fact that you live close to an airport and a landing plane could have caused your door to shake.

The dream is the easiet part to explain... You were affraid and shaken up before going to sleep. It is very possible that your subcontious tried to give you a suitable explanation. A dream is a dream...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
cincinnati,

What 'help' are you looking for? It seems you did a great job if helping this 'spirit' cross over'. This 'spirit' may have felt some sort of 'kinship' with you and that is what caused it to 'seek you out'. This may have been a one time thing...

Or are you experiencing other things?

Respectfully,

Rook
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
That was an amazing experience and I agree with your conclusion about ghosts / spirits seeking out people. I found with my main experience that the last thing on my mind was ghosts when I saw them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: