You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Crazy Or What?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Crazy Or What?

 

After reading so many stories, I have decided to tell my own. I have had a lot of experiences that I can't explain. Let's start at the beginning. I was born on October 26 at around 10:55 pm. I feel that being born close to Halloween has something to do with it. All of my immediate family and most of my relatives have had some sort of experience with the supernatural.

There are a few that stick the most in my mind. When I was 6 or 7 my mother would lay next to me at night until I fell asleep. One morning I woke up and thought she was still there with me. When I turned on my side to get closer to her, I saw no one there. But I could still feel them. My grandmother had passed away when I was 3 years old and we were very close. I think to this day it was her.

More recently I worked at an Indian restaurant. I was left on my own most nights cleaning up the kitchen and finishing off dishes. I would talk on my phone for comfort as I often heard phantom music and a lady's high heals walking around, even though I was the only one in the building and did not have a radio on. One evening I was sitting polishing silverware and something made me look up above the buffet table. What I saw hanging there I will never forget. A man hung up by a rope around his neck swaying slightly. I looked at him for about 3 seconds. Then he disappeared. I had lots of experiences during the time I was working there.

Currently where I live I have seen things that were weird. We had World War One and Two guns in the house. One evening I was home alone just finishing putting decorations on my little Christmas tree that we put up in our room every year. I was about to go downstairs to get something from my kitchen and on the stairs I saw a man dressed in military uniform. He looked like he came out of a old war movie except he was in color. On his head was a metal helmet with blood oozing out of his left temple. He just smiled and then vanished. I was on the phone to my cousin within minuets afterwords.

One night about 2 years ago I was going up the stairs from my kitchen and passed a shadow on the stairs. The shadow was going down on my left which is impossible because my stairs are very narrow.

This is all that I will share for now. I hope that I can tell the rest of it soon. I have plenty of experiences in my life. A lot of them have scared me. To whomever reads this, I hope you enjoyed my story. (Part 1)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ErickaSarah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Are you crazy? Nope. Not anymore crazy than the rest of us here, LOL!

Your Birthday theory. Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with it because there are people who are born on Halloween and don't have the gift.

Suggestions. As Darkness mentioned, research. That's the best way to get some answers. There might have been someone who hung themselves in that Indian Restaurant.

Shellzy,
No Halloween? You Aussies are missing out!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Hi Erikasarah
My best friend in Aus was born on Oct 31 and although she has had her fair share of paranormal experiences we have never attributed any of these happenings to her birth date. I think a lot comes down to superstition probably becauase we don't really celebrate Halloween in Aus (yeah I know we are missing out lol). You may just be naturally sensitive, you never know 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
Hi ErickaSarah: These are some vivid accounts that you have described for us here, firstly I wouldn't put to much stock in the being born around halloween theory to much but you never know it may have some slight impact, I think it is more of you being sensitive enough to be able to perceive them though.
Have ever thought about doing a bit of research etc regarding the restuarant and your home? You may be surprised and enlightened as to what you find!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
seeing (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Thanks for sharing the story. About the indian restaurant, was there a storage room or any attic above the restaurant. It is also possible if a death occurred there.
gla55es (6 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Interesting story. I wanted to comment that I don't think that having a birthday near halloween means you will have been targerted by spirits or makes you anymore sensitive. My birthday is on Halloween and, as much as I'd like to have those kinds of gifts, I don't think if that has anything to do with it. It's a really awesome time to have a birthday, though! Thanks for sharing your story, ErickaSarah!
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
You ask if you're crazy? No I don't think so. From reading other stories on here it seems pretty common to see ''phantom shadows'' like that. I remember I had a gymnastics teacher once who told me that her kids were grown up, and lived in their own houses, but when she was at her apartment she saw the shadow of a child kind of run across the wall. Happens to a lot of people!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: