You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Time Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

Night Time Visitors

 

When I was young boy living in Australia I was a very light sleeper, very sensitive, too. If someone entered my room while I was asleep they would wake me up even if they were trying to be quiet. I would also somehow know whether it was my Mum or Dad or one of my two sisters, I mean as soon as I woke up I'd know exactly which family member was in my room.

Twice I was woken in the middle of the night and my gift failed me. I don't recall how young I was at the time, but I was easily under 10 years of age.

The first time I woke up and opened my eyes I was looking straight into the face of a figure leaning over me. I say "face" because he was leaning over me, but truth be told I couldn't see a face, or make out any distinguishing features at all; it was just a dark shape, leaning over me. I do not believe it was my father, although he was a big man and this figure leaning over me was large as well, because it didn't "feel" like my father. My reaction at finding a stranger leaning over me in the middle of the night was immediate and frantic. I grabbed my teddy bear, yanked the covers over my head and burrowed down to the foot of the bed. If it had been my father checking on me, I'd like to think he would have responded to this reaction by letting me know it was him and seeking to calm me down... But there were no such fatherly reassurances that night.

I distinctly remember the next morning asking my Mum if she or Dad had come into my room to check on me. I know they used to do that, but it was never anything more than opening my door and peeking in, which would still wake me up. This was someone who'd entered my room and been leaning over me with their "face" barely a foot or so from mine, and they hadn't been a member of my family.

A year or two later (I'm unclear on my exact age, I'm 38 now so we're probably going back a good 30 years or so) I was again woken in the middle of the night. When I woke up I could sense someone standing at the foot of my bed, looking at me. Again if either of my parents had been checking on me they would have done nothing more than popped their head in the door, but this figure was standing at the foot of my bed, and it didn't feel like my parents. Oddly enough, despite there being a street light right outside my bedroom window, and despite having excellent night vision (I wear sunglasses all the time because even a cloudy day is too bright), my room was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing, but I knew someone was there in the dark, watching me. I could feel them there and it terrified me.

I've since spoken with other people who've had visitors in the night (people I personally know and trust) and they've all been able to describe their visitor, their facial features, clothing, everything. They've also told me that while they were a little disturbed to wake up and find someone watching over them, that they also felt calm and at peace and they somehow knew their visitor meant them no harm.

My midnight visitors were dark apparitions that scared me half to death. I was never harmed, but they were not peaceful experiences at all.

Other hauntings by Kwazimoto

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kwazimoto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rosee (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-08)
They sound like the Shadow People and they are not good at all!
poisonAPPL3 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I had a dark figure just once. Your gut feeling is correct. Curious or not in my opinion you were right to feel afraid. I also felt afraid with the dark figure in my room. I don't know what they are but apparently if you don't want them there they will leave. I've had other experiences that were very pleasant, for the most part dark figures are not.
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Oh. Sorry that your encounters were not pleasant for you, Kwazi. I pray that you are able to reconcil with these experiences and move on to have a much happier life.

Ceary
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-18)
Kwazimoto, I wish you freedom from all that! I hope that your unwelcome guests don't come again.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-18)
Hi Kwazimoto! Maybe you were just afraid because it was something so new to you. There didn't seem to be anything other than the watching so maybe it was just someone watching over you. Not every spirit is evil, I think some are just curious. You didn't mention if it has happened since.
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-18)
Athena, I couldn't tell if my visitors were meant to be guardians, or something darker, but I do recall being terrified when I discovered them in my room. In fact as I wrote this story and recalled the entity leaning over me it sent a shiver up my spine, even now the hair on my body is tingling as I write this comment.

My midnight encounters cannot have been pleasant experiences if recalling them, even decades later, elicits such responses from my body.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
K, You are a sensitive, and I thought it was interesting that you didn't tellus what the disposition of the entities were. Do you feel they were gaurdians of your watching over you? Are they still?
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
I would be very scared if I saw someone standing that close to me. Personally, my night disturbances are voices and strange feelings... I have not seen anyone/anything yet, though. But I can tell that if I did, it would totally freak me out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: