You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Second Time, Second House

Real Ghost Stories

Second Time, Second House

 

On my birthday of 2019, September 5th, my girlfriend and I were leaving early for Colorado. We went to bed about 9:30 and about 20 minutes after shutting off the TV and light, neither of us even close to sleep yet, all of a sudden there was a loud crack on the footboard of our bed.

About 3 years earlier, I had lived in an apartment where similar things had happened so I knew as soon as it happened just what it was, a ghost or something not of our everyday world. I turned a light on, looked under bed, nothing there or out of place. She turned on a vapor lamp, which she had sage oil in. Very dim light, but, nonetheless, it was light.

We laid back down and I kept feeling something touching my face, like a string dangling with just the tip touching my face. This happened several times. First my temple, I'd wipe my hand across it. Next, above my eye. Three or four times. Then I noticed she kept doing the same thing with her hand. I asked, "Are you feeling something touching your face?" She answered, "Yes, a hair keeps tickling me." I told her it wasn't a hair. I was feeling the same.

Again, we tried to fall back asleep. A couple seconds later, I heard, very clearly, a human breath in my ear, in and out, or, vise versa. I had enough time to think, did I just hear that? And it did it again, exactly! In and out, or vise versa.

About 6 months before this, I had just gotten up. My mom lived with me at the time and made my coffee. As I walked back toward kitchen table, I saw a cat, about same color and size of my dog, run under table. Clearly a cat. On the other side of table, where my mom sat having coffee, only a streak or blur. I looked under the table, even though I knew my dog was still in bed with my girlfriend. No dog! I went to the bedroom to check and Rupert, my dog, was in bed with her. Mom and I had seen shadows out of the corner of our eyes a few times before but that's all in that house.

About three years prior, my mom and I had lived in an apartment in the Mohawk valley. About three months in, I woke to a loud crash at either 2am or 2:30am (I forget now), I found two large Rubbermaid bins, which were very heavy, had been pushed end ways into my spice rack and stuff was everywhere.

From thereon, for a couple months, things got worse. Palm slaps on couch at 6 at night, messing with our cell phones, etc. We moved to get away, that's how bad it got.

Before we moved, I seen a flash of light near a glass based lamp in living room. The glass was very thin and the sound I heard was as if electricity had touched that thin glass at the same time I saw the flash. It was round and almost as big as a volleyball.

My dog saw things also. His head would go straight up to the ceiling and across to the front door and he'd bark at top of door. Many things happened in that place. We all heard it but I was the only one to see anything. Just as I was the only one to hear breathing in my ear.

As I walked out that same door my dog barked at, I could literally feel the negative energy leave me.

Something to know, our phones would be messed with while miles away from the house. I've had the worst bad luck for the last two years, breakdowns at work like never before. And not only at work. Any ideas? I'd love to hear feedback.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MT196955, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MT196955 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-13)
Dear Silverthane61, Yes, I also believe something may have attached itself to me. I've done a lot of reading since the last episode. My girlfriend has mentioned healers. Maybe I need to look into this. The bad luck I've had these last 2 years is unbelievable, to say the least. And I am a logger, been working in the Mohawk valley. Wondering, as the bad luck all started on this one job, but has gone with me to 2 other jobs. And it's not just at work. The bad luck is every part of my life except, the only good thing has been, I met my girlfriend during the 2 years Hence, the only good luck in those 2 yrs
MT196955 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-13)
Dear Cherubim, I've also tried saging myself and the entire second house to no effect. No longer live at either place so can't get investigators in, but thanks for input.
MT196955 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-13)
Dear Lealeigh, I've done self cleansing with a burn stick of Sage but didn't seem to work. Thanks for the insight and will try this.
MT196955 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-13)
MrsRamsay, I'll be up in Frankfort today and will give you the exact address of the first apartment where it all began. But the second place where it breathed in my ear was Old Creek Rd, which is St Rt 168. The 911 address is 2374 St Rt 168 Mohawk. Something else I forgot to mention, there was a small room under stairs to upper apartment in the first place. I put a twin bed in there. I slept there just one night. I woke several times having same dream. Couldn't remember dream except Indians, it had something to do with Indians. It was a nightmare actually, I woke terrified 2 or 3 times over. Seemed like I was having same dream over n over. I never slept in that room again.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
Hi MT. I'm pretty sure I don't know half as much about ghosts or the paranormal as I know about the Mohawk Valley. It's one of the areas I've been studying for six years since I discovered that my ancestors lived and fought there in the 1700s, especially during the Revolutionary War. Can you be more specific about where you lived, and perhaps I can find some information for you?
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
Cherubim,

The cleansing and shielding ritual was developed by rookdygin. I have used it myself and found it to be effective. This is his profile:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

MT196955,

Let us know if you decide to use it.

I will also paste it here:

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
I'm followed by something too. 😳 Sounds like you need a cleansing. I've tried saging, but it didn't work for me. At the top of the page there is also "Directories" where you can find paranormal investigators. I've a called a few numbers but no one has called me back. There's also something called "Rook's Cleansing Method" that many members use here. I forget the name of the member that has that posted. I hope someone sees this and can be of further help.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
Something does appear to be following you, and I am sure that you know that if this true, then moving is not going to get rid of the presence. If you are being followed or if something has attached itself to you, then you might have to seek out the services of a spiritual healer. If this is something else, then maybe someone on this site can offer you better advice than I can. I hope you find relief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: