You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Sighting Unlike Any Other I've Experienced

Real Ghost Stories

A Sighting Unlike Any Other I've Experienced

 

Just over two weeks ago I had woken up in the morning and went straight to the coffee pot as I normally do. It was 7:47 am. I knew this because of the two rather large clocks I have to pass on my way to the coffee pot. Just as I was walking into the kitchen, my eyes were drawn to our back door, which is nearly all glass. I am not sure what made me think to look out there, as I normally do not. When I did though, I caught a brief glimpse of what I think may have been a ghost/spirit. At first I questioned what I saw, passing it off as a trick of the mind in my pre-caffinated state. When I looked again, it was gone. Yet even in my not quite awake state, in that brief glimpse I saw enough detail to remember it quite easily.

It was a little boy, between maybe the ages of 7 and 11 years old. I am guessing this because he appeared to be about the same height as my son. He was standing directly in front of a small group of three trees. These trees make up part of a line of trees that separate our subdivision and the cornfield behind it. The particular trees he was in front of are on the line of our home and that of the next door neighbor, in the backyard. He was wearing a shirt that had horizontal stripes of various shades of blue, and denim jeans. His hair was a dark brown, and had a somewhat longer shag look haircut. The tips of his hair curling slightly. I did not see an eye color, but I did notice that his eyes looked somewhat sunken in. As if he was sickly. And he was staring directly at me. Almost as if he had been waiting for me.

My first reasoning for questioning whether or not I actually saw him was because I thought there was no way a young child that age would be standing out there; without a coat in 20 something degree weather; at that time on a school day. There is also the fact that I only saw him for a few moments. Yet for the rest of that day and ever since then, I have a constant feeling of being watched. Sometimes even a feeling of someone standing right behind or beside me. As well every time I pass that same spot in the kitchen where I think I saw him my eyes are automatically drawn to that spot in the yard. Even though before this happened, that was not normal of me to do.

And several times now since, I have seen his face in my dreams. All I see is that same little boy standing outside staring at me. And the look on his face is hauntingly eerie. It is not a happy look. I can not quite place it, but it is somewhat maybe like a sad look. That does not really feel right to me, but I can not think of any other way to describe it.

I have had numerous experiences throughout my life where I believe I may have witnessed an apparition. But this is only the second time I have ever seen anything more than just a black shadow figure or a mist figure that appears almost like smoke. This was the second sighting I have experienced in less than one month at my home, the first being a black shadow (you can read about that experience in a previous story).

Has anyone else ever claimed to have seen a ghost or spirit appear in a very detailed shape like I described, even being able to fully describe clothing, facial features, etc? Is it more likely that my mind really was just playing tricks on me, and I did not actually see this boy? And if so, how and why do I seem to have a very clear detailed image of him stuck in my head that I cannot seem to forget no matter how hard I try? And does the feeling of constantly being watched and like someone is standing next to me have any significance?

I really appreciate any one that takes the time to read my story and offer any answers or guidance.

Other hauntings by EdenMarie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EdenMarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Alandhopewell,

Thank you for your comment. I had never before attempted communicating with an entity (unless you count the 'imaginary friend' I used to talk with as a child... That I now believe may have been a spirit, entity, whatever you call it) until this experience. Mostly in large part because I have heard stories in the past of the possible dangers of it. Most of those stories involve the use of an Ouija (however that's spelled) board or other such device, which I have never attempted either. But in this situation, I do not feel my 1 attempt presented me any current or future danger from doing so. But I do appreciate your words of caution.

As per your opinion that all entities (that is what I took as your meaning based on how you worded it)... Although I value and respect your opinion, on this I do disagree. But Thank you for sharing
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
EDENMARIE- I've no doubt of the reality of your experience, but I must caution you against communicating with such entities, as, to the best of my knowledge, they are demonic in nature.

I'm not seeking to incite controversy, if you disagree, merely giving a sincere warning of what I truly believe to be dangerous.
EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
Hello all! I just wanted to thank you, and give an update.
I believe this experience may have a 'spiritual awakening' for me. I could very well be wrong, and some may disagree. But I BELIEVE that's what this experience was, and this is why:

I've been doing a lot of "soul searching" over the past few months. I don't really views my 'gifts' as gifts. But there's no denying I am... Different that most people I know and meet. I'm not going to go into detail here, that's not what this site or the comment thread is for. But the point is... I've been struggling with these what some call 'gifts' and the many different experiences I've had throughout my life. I did the ignoring it, questioning my sanity, trying to find more rational explanations, questioning my religion/spirituality...just about everything OTHER than what I'm doing now... Accepting it and trying to learn more by asking questions and visiting sites like this one.

Anyway...Like I said in my last comment, after I tried to make contact with the boy I saw, things changed. The entire feeling of being watched and like whoever was watching me for waiting for something (I couldn't explain or know what) changed from what it was BEFORE I attempted contact. I still felt it, just not in the same way.

Well, I ended up having yet another experience (more like a day FULL of them) unlike anything that's ever happened to me. Again, I won't go into detail here. But I did submit a story about it to psychic experiences if you'd like to read it (I use the same 'screen name' there as here.) I wrote about it all just as it happened, before I had time to sit and think about it. Since then, that's what i've been doing.

I went back and re read my journal relating to the last few months. And I discovered some connections.
1) Although I've been having all sorts of diff experiences most of my life, there haven't been that many for several years. Then just as I decided to do some 'soul searching' and try to learn more about all this, things start happening again.
2) These last 2 experiences that I posted about here, were both within 1 month. And with BOTH I had that feeling of being intently watched and like it was just 'waiting'. The waiting part confused me the most. But with both experiences, I never got a bad feeling of ill intent, or that it wanted to cause fear or anything like that. I just felt like I was being stared at really hard, all the time.
3) After I attempted contacting the spirit/ghost I wrote about here, that whole 'feeling' changed. I was more relaxed, and felt at peace.
4) Then the other events that happened a few days ago I mentioned above. Although I was REALLY confused at first, I still had that calm peaceful feeling. AND... I no longer had that feeling of someone 'waiting' for something
5) While meditating last night, I had another experience... For the 1st time ever while meditating I almost literally felt 'balanced'...or like 'whole'. It was very enlightening to say the least. Just the entire experience was...amazing. And ever since, I've felt truly... Different. Honestly, I can't think of any other way to put it than saying I feel like I'm on some kind of natural high. I just feel GREAT!

Sorry about writing so much, I tend to do that. Like I said though, I know some people might disagree about what all this is/was. But after thinking about all that's happened, I really do think that's what this was. My own spiritual awakening. And I think the spirits/ghosts/apparitions were maybe just my spirit guides, watching over me waiting for me to be ready maybe. That's just a guess. But it kind of 'feels' like I might be right.

I wanted to thank everyone for your advice and guidance. And of course, your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great day.
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
Maybe the boy looks to you as a motherly figure or something, or just wants you to notice him. Try to find out about the history of the house. Based on the clothes description, I think he'd been from the modern period, not form the 1800s.

If you want, you could read my story, the girl in the mist (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=14469 just copy and paste) in which I see a girl in detail.

Best of luck! ❤ -Ghosts
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
I suppose, if I were in your position, I would feel obligated to do what I could in helping this lad pass over.
imlovinit (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
I believe every word you say and totally agree what you saw was the real deal. Maybe hes drawn to your motherly loving or maybe hes attracted to your family vibe, great story very detailed.
Does anybody how to create good luck, you know when you've had a bad few weeks and you just don't feel yourself but can't shake that feeling of worry and stress. I'm not looking for some kind of miracle just a little help please
EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
Thank you so much everyone! BJJ- I plan on using a recorder next time. Although...

I woke up this am feeling more relaxed and well rested than I have since these last 2 experiences. I still have that feeling as if I'm being watched, but it's not the same as it was before. It no longer, at least so far today, feels like there is someone right beside or behind me. And that being watched feeling, it's not so uncomfortable or unsettling as it was before. Now it's like... Well kind of like I'm not being stared at by someone so close to me. But more like someone is just glancing my way from time to time. Does that make sense?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-10)
You might try EVP work. Recorders are pretty cheap if you don't already have one.
EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
I got lucky and ended up getting most of the afternoon and evening all alone at home, and decided to try and communicate with the boy. This is what I've experienced so far: (I'm going to list EVERY detail I can recall, as I've heard that although I might not think something is relevant, it may in fact be and may help in understanding)

From the moment my family pulled out of the driveway I felt panicked. That feeling of being watched intensified majorly. The only way I can think to describe it was like I was being surrounded, with people coming towards me from all directions. Only I couldn't see anything. So, for the 2nd time ever I spoke out loud to whatever I felt like was there. I said that I DID want to communicate, but at the moment I was feeling scared and threatened and I did not like that. I asked aloud for 'it' to please give me some space and let me calm down 1st. I don't know if there was a presence there with me or it was just my own fear causing me to have those feelings, but saying all that out loud did in fact make me feel better. And not like I was being surrounded anymore.

I checked the time, it was 4:20 pm. I decided to lay down, clear my head and take a short nap, hoping that a clear head and being more relaxed might help me pay more attention and be able to communicate. I got a phone call at exactly 5pm which woke me up. I was a little surprised I fell asleep so fast, but I did feel more calm and relaxed. (I ignored the phone call though. Haha)

I went into the kitchen, got a drink and sat down at the table. Tried clearing my head of all thoughts and just listen. Shock was the 1st thing that hit me. I have heightened senses, and it's been awhile since I REALLY just...listened. I forgot what it was like to NOT 'tune it all out'. Talk about sensory overload. I'd say my hearing is the best of all of them, with touch being a close second. Now I will admit since it's been so long since i've just sat down and really 'paid attention', I got a bit distracted from my original purpose. I don't know how long I sat there just reveling in amazement at everything i'd been tuning out for so long. It was probably at least a half hour before I remembered what I was supposed to be doing...

When I did, I tried to concentrate and focus, and separate what I was hearing and feeling that was most likely just normal sounds. I tried focusing on 'extending my range' per say, to see if maybe I could hear anything outside of what I already could, something that might sound like a whisper to me, or an odd noise I'm not familiar with. And tried to focus on what I also could physically feel around me. I did NOT hear anything, but I DID get a feeling of vibration in my ears. Like if someone is whispering a secret in your ear, but it's too quiet to make out. There was no feeling of a breath or anything like that. To me it just felt like vibrations.

Then I decided to go ahead and try and talk to the boy. As soon as I started to, I got really cold. And that feeling of someone standing next to me got strong again. But that's all that happened after I started talking and trying to communicate. I still couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary. And didn't get any other 'feelings' other than someone standing next to me and feeling really cold.

It's 8:19pm as I type this, and I just got up from the table a few minutes ago and decided that was enough for tonight. I can still feel a very slight vibration type feeling in my ears, if I really focus. Can that just be from straining to hear stuff beyond my normal hearing range?
That feeling of being watched and like someone is standing beside me (directly behind me actually right this moment) hasn't gone away at all. And i'm not so cold anymore. But I DO feel extremely tired now, like I'm just drained of energy all together. Seems odd to me, since I wasn't really doing anything but sitting down the whole time. Do you think maybe it's because of focusing and concentrating so much?

This is the 1st time I have ever tried to communicate with a spirit/ghost. Is there anything else I maybe should have done, other than ask questions and just listen? I'm going to try again sometime soon. Any advice, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated. I just really would like this feeling of constantly being watched and the feeling that 'it' (whatever or whoever 'it' is) is waiting to go away. The whole 'waiting' feeling is really confusing, and even though I don't really feel scared... Most of the time... The being watched feeling does make me uncomfortable. Almost as if I'm being stared at.

Thank you again everyone
bluemoon94 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Edenmarie- I believe every word you say. I have seen two ghosts in solid figures. One being my grandfather who pasted and visits me every once in a while. When you feel someone standing next to you, I believe it might be him but just not wanting to show up. I believe ghosts show themselves to you when they want to but the feeling is just as strong. In the feeling of waiting for something, maybe he is waiting for you to talk to him? Or waiting for family who still may be alive? I hope this helps.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Maybe you should try speaking to him, like BadJuuJuu says. In my experience, wee ghosties are no different then any other child. Just say hi and ask his name. Could be all it takes.
EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Oh... I forgot to add:

It doesn't really make ME feel scared or anxious or anything like that. Confused is the best way I can say it makes me feel, because of that feeling that there is a constant presence just watching me constantly and waiting for something. I've never 'felt' anything quite like it, and I don't really understand it all. In particular that really strong feeling of "just waiting".
EdenMarie (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Thank you all so very much. Wow! I must admit, i'm glad to know I'm not the only one to have experienced something like this. And Thank you Miracles and BadJuuJuu for sharing your experiences with me. It does make me feel better to hear of your experiences.

Valkricry- I have had that feeling of being watched before, but in the past it only lasted anywhere from just a few minutes to even a day or so. Since this experience however, it's been almost constantly ever since. There have even been numerous times where, it SEEMS like, for some unknown reason, I'm kind of compelled to go into the kitchen and look out the back door at that same spot I saw him. And although I haven't physically seen anything out there since that day, it 'feels' like there is something out there... Just watching me. And waiting. For what, I don't know. But that's a really strong feeling I have. And that's the exact feeling I have when it feels like something is behind or next to me. Just like it's watching me and waiting for something. Does that make sense or sound really odd?

Again, I want to thank you all. And if anyone has any ideas or guidance about these weird 'feelings', I would appreciate it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Hi EdenMarie. I've seen and experienced a few weird things, but only once have I seen an apparition appear solid. Oddly enough, it was a little boy in a horizontal striped blue and white shirt. I thought my husband was about to hit him with our car, then the boy was just gone. The hubby thought I had finally cracked when I jumped out of the car yelling where did he go? Good times. 😭
Point is, I believe you really saw the little guy. He may just be lonely. Sometimes the lonely ones just need acknowledgement, a little kindness, to give them the strength to move on. Maybe talk to him a little, just treat him like any other kid. It may be all he needs.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
EdenMarie- Sometimes a spirit can appear very solid. There have been reports through the ages of such events. So, you are definately NOT alone.
The feeling of being watched or someone standing next to you... Since you did not feel this prior to seeing the boy, my gut instinct is that it could well be him. How do you feel when this happens? Afraid, anxious,sad? Or is it nothing more than the feeling of being watched? It could be he is trying to establish a stronger contact with you, or maybe evaluating on if he can trust you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
EdenMarie - I normally don't do this, but you asked if anyone else seen a ghost or spirit appear in a very detailed shape, able to fully describe clothing, facial features, etc. I know what that's like. Am I really seeing this, or is it my imagination? Is this all in my head? Been there, still there sometimes LOL. So I'd like to show you that you're definitely not alone.

This is my story if you'd like to read it. Warning, though, it's pretty long 😆 and the relevant part is 3/4 the way through the story: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8861

By the way, if it means anything at all, yeah... I believe in you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: