You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Pets Visiting From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

My Pets Visiting From Beyond

 

I don't know if anyone has read my other story, Hauntings at Work, but this falls under a completely different category than that, and I would like to say a much happier one.

My family has always been very pet oriented. At one point, we had seven cats and two dogs, not to mention the other various fish, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, etc that we have always had. Three of the pets that we have ever had stick out to me, and they are Sabrina (cat), Snickers (dog), and Maisie (also cat). We had had Maisie for about 17 or so years, and ended up having to have her put down after the great ice storm of '08 in New England, due to kidney failure among other things. Sabrina was my cat, and she too had to be put to sleep only recently, because of how much pain and suffering she was enduring. We had had her for about 14. 5 years. Snickers was a great dog, and he also had been put to sleep, a little over a year ago, due to some bad tumors on his spleen.

After my cat had gone, I could feel her presence with me, as if she were trying to comfort me because of her loss. As stated earlier, I had her for almost fifteen years, since I was about four, and she was a kitten. I loved her dearly, and I don't think she forgot that fact. Earlier today, I'm almost certain I saw her out of the corner of my eye. Sometimes we keep the cat food on the dishwasher to prevent the dogs from having a snack. I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating lunch or something, and from my peripheral vision, saw something black jumping onto the dishwasher. This is important, because she was black. Of course, as with seemingly any peripheral sighting, the moment I looked over there was nothing there. Also, at the moment I'm typing this, I swear I feel her curled up on my bed next to me.

Snickers likes to lay at the foot of my bed. I don't see him, but I can tell he is there. The room I am in now used to be my little sister's room, and he was always super protective of her, which is why I think he comes in here. Even after death he is still trying to protect his baby.

Last, but not least, Maisie likes to curl up next to, or sometimes on you, when you're on the couch. It's something I can sense more if I am alone in the living room, watching Doctor Who or something. She never really ventured into the bedrooms, or mine anyways, and that's really the only place I can sense her other than wandering around the house.

This may not be a big issue, but I did want to share because not all paranormal experiences are bad.

Other hauntings by Nikky597

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikky597, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
Yes! I am sure our doggies go to The Happy Hunting Grounds and our kitties...well, wherever they want to go, I suppose. Best Friends Animal Rescue calls it The Rainbow Bridge... I am sure they wait for us there!
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
This is a very nice story! One of my friends says he feels like his dogs, who passed several years ago come back to visit him whenever he's feeling down.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Lovely account. I couldn't agree more with you, Nikky, that not all paranormal activity is scary, or bad. I've had pets my entire life, but I don't think any of them have ever come back to 'visit' me. This is for you too, RedWolf, I don't think it was because I didn't get a chance to say good-bye to some of them, or that they weren't happy with me for some reason. It's my belief that animal spirits are just like people ones, some of them feel no need to come back, or to hang around for awhile. I take it as they went content, and knew I'd be ok. Perhaps it is the same with Jingles.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Sorry Nikky, I'm going to go off topic.
Red, sweetie, Jingles didn't feel abandoned, don't think that. It was simply her time, and she needed her rest in the afterlife. She knows you would have been there if you could have been. I don't know how to put it into words correctly, but she went where she needed to go. She knew you were strong enough to carry on, but she needed time to heal in the Otherworld. Never feel like she's upset with you, she just needed a time and place to heal her soul. Please don't beat yourself up, she wouldn't want that at all.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Nikky 597
When I was 12 years old my mother and I were shopping for my 6th grade graduation in Gertz. They had a raised aquarium with some puppies. My mother ended up taking one of the puppies and named her Jingles. She was a Boxer Great Dane mix. We became fast friends a short time later a friend asked my mother to take in a kitten who was abandoned by her mother her name was Christy. Both of them liked to sleep in my twin bed.
Jingles would greet me at the door when I came home, if I didn't pay attention to her immediately she would ignore me until I went over and paid more attention to her. She was also very protective of me.
Fast forward to when I got married at 24 I could not take either animal with me. I missed them both terribly. I became pregnant shortly after I got pregnant. When my husband and I told his parents about it and my mother in-law counting on her fingers to make sure I was not pregnant prior to marriage. My due date was a few weeks before my first anniversary. But I digress, my mother told me that Jingles was not doing well and was growling at people trying to take her bone away which she didn't normally do. But every time I visited she was like a puppy, I could do anything to/with her. After I would leave she would go downhill. Right before my maternity leave started right before Christmas that year I got a feeling I should call my mother. She told me that she had Jingles put down. I told her I had the next day off and one more day wouldn't matter. My mother said the dog was in pain and she had to do it that day. One more day to let me say goodbye would have meant the world to me. I was so upset that they almost sent me home. She must have felt that I had abandoned by me for not saying good bye because I was there with her because I never felt her presence after her death.
moonokami (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
This is a sad story, I love it though! My mom had a dog named Sydney, she was a Jack Russel, and Sydney died at about 14 years of old age. One day after she died my mom felt weird, like she was forgetting something. Then she checked the calender and saw it was going to be Sydney's birthday if she were alive. Pets do keep connections with there loved ones. I think Sydney was there trying to make my mom remember that important fact.
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
I had a very, very special kitty named Murrlin. He was a Himaylan long hair with the most incredible big blue eyes ever! I was lucky enough to have him for nearly 16 years. The day he died, I had just gotten up that morning and he came to me and climbed into my lap and passed away. Just like that... He was gone! It was almost like he waited that for me to get up so he could say good-bye. To say the least, I was inconsolable for nearly a year after losing him... To this day I cry thinking of him cause I miss him so very much... Tearing up now typing this... There are however, moments when I can feel him rub upagainst my leg when I am sitting at my computer at home or the best vists happen when I am lying in bed and I feel him jump up on my bed just like old times and I feel him curl up on top of my head on my pillows. I know it's him cause that was his sleeping spot. So, yes I do believe that pets come back actually, I don't think they ever leave us.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Awe, what a sweet story!:) My grandma's dogs died recently and she says she can hear them walking on the floor, and barking. She saw her one dog walk right in front of her once, which I think is awesome. She also can see them sometimes out of the corner of her eye like you said.:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Nicky597: I agree with WhiteWolf, our pets are always near whether we know it or not 😊. I've had a few experiences with my passed pets. Nice story, and you're absolutely right, not all experiences are scary.

Thank you for posting! 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Thank you so much for sharing this, it's a beautiful account. Love is never ending, and no one loves purer than animals. I believe they continue to watch over and comfort us after their physical time has ended.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Nikky597,

I am sorry for the loss of your pets and I must say that this is a lovely story although sad. I too have had loss of pets that I was close to and felt the presence of within my home. I feel that your pets will always be around when you need them the most.

I also agree with you about how not all paranormal experiences are bad I have had many nice encounters some that have even saved my life in some way.

Thank you for sharing 😁

Whitewolf,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: