You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexplainable Things Happening In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplainable Things Happening In Our Home

 

In the last few days things seem to be getting weird around our home. The Sunday after Friday the 13th, my 15yr old daughter was asleep in her room when a little stuffed bear she got from the fair a few weeks before hand started to just make noises for no reason. It was on her dresser nowhere near her and nobody else was in her room. It woke her up and she threw it out in the hallway.

When I got up the next morning I found the bear in the living room which is nowhere near her bedroom and couldn't figure out why. She told me what happened and her father and I didn't believe her.

Well, later that day after they got home from school we were in the kitchen and the bear was in my room on the dresser when it started making its noises. Scared me a bit cause nobody was near it when it did it. It stopped and didn't do anything for a few days.

Then this past Friday night my 2yr old nephew was over for the weekend. They slept in the living room like a slumber party. Friday night my daughter came into my room and said the bench in the living room was moving by itself across the floor. The lights were off but the TV was on cause they were watching kids movies. I told her to put it behind the couch and go to sleep. She did and then she heard knocking on the windows and strangely enough, that little bear was out there cause my nephew was playing with it and it started to go off again. He never touched the button in its belly to get it to make noise. She freaked and threw the bear in my room where it went off at around 5:30 in the morning as well. I drowned the thing in water and hung outside on the line. I have not brought it in the house.

Sunday night we had another issue. Again my 15yr old daughter was in her room and was woke up by a noise and looked up to see her small disco ball moving. Now, the disco ball is not plugged in and there was no breeze in her room to cause it to move. She flew out of her room crying and sat in the hallway refusing to go back in her room. I took the disco ball out of her room and set it on the table in the kitchen. Yesterday I swear I heard it make some noises and move a bit.

Now I have been in this house since 2006 and have never had many strange things happen like this. I do hear voices in my living room sometimes and when I tell my husband he says I am dreaming and to go back to sleep. I have sat home alone during the day while everyone has gone to school and work and I hear things I cannot explain. Things falling and yet when I go to find out what it was there is nothing moved.

My one neighbor told us the land is part of his family's farm that was subdivided many years ago. He also told us of a few motor vehicle fatalities that had happened on the road entering the road we live on that happened over 30 something years ago. We are not far from the Mohawk river either, which is where part of the French and Indian war took place. There is a mansion just up the road from us that was part of that.

Over the years I have heard and seen some strange things that I cannot explain here. I have a field behind my home as well where I have seen two different people standing by the trees just looking around. One was a man dressed in Civil War looking uniform and the other was an older gentlemen who was wearing a flannel shirt and overalls. I later learned that the man in the flannel and overalls was my neighbor's father who passed away many years ago.

Things were calm for a few years and then out of nowhere they seem to be starting back in. They are scaring my 15yr old daughter and I am concerned as to why they are bothering her and not my 13yr old daughter. I am worried because it is making her very uncomfortable and she refuses to be alone now.

The house was built back in like 1960's. I believe there are things beyond us that we cannot explain but not sure what would just bring on something like this so fast. Everything I have told you here is true. I have to figure out a way to get it to stop cause it is causing fights between me and my husband on how to handle this with our daughter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mommy7195, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
There's method for cleansing home to protect from evil. Many of the member of this site know this; you can take help from them as I'm afraid I'm expertly known to it. Apart you can also try spiritual Cleansing to gain positive vibes inside you. All the best.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
I'm going to join the chorus and sing poltergeist. One thing about poltergeists, the things they do are often symbolic. For example, bottled up feelings can lead to exploding bottles, feeling trapped can cause doors to fly open, things like that. Now, you should take my advice as the untrained, unlicensed psuedo psychiatry it is and only consider it if it seems to fit.

It seems to me that the things your poltergeist is doing are simply attempts to attract attention, and maybe your 15 year old's attention in particular. Has she started making new friends or doing a lot of things on her own lately? I'm wondering if perhaps your younger daughter could be the one subconsciously providing the energy here? Like, maybe she feels left out or ignored and she's trying to get big sister to notice her?

It's just an idea.

And kunwar, you know you shouldn't go ot -- that's just not cricket! 😜

Sorry! It was going to kill me if I didn't get that pun in there. That, erm, that *was* cricket he was talking about, right?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
I agree with BadJuuJuu. With all the activity on the land, the people you've seen and the teens in the house, it sounds like you're one poltergeist away from a full blown haunt.

BJJ- I don't know if it's a good thing or not but you always make sense to me! 😁
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Miracles51031,

Please! Now you are just making me feel bad about it 😒. I did something I already knew I shouldn't be doing.

Everyone here knows you are the one who is keeping this site going.
And I can't imagine anyone having any problems with you, without having shiat for brains πŸ˜†.

And you don't need to worry about me, you are my favorite poster on this site. I mean it 😳
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
kunwarkh - I don't mean to come off as a b*tch, especially considering I've been known to go off on a completely different train off thought sometimes myself πŸ˜‰ I just didn't want anyone to say something about it, so thought I'd cover your end and mine πŸ˜†
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
I'm Sorry...
I understand and it shall not be repeated.

Thanks Miracles. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
kunwarkh - we all go off topic a dozen different times a day, but for something completely unrelated it would probably have been better if you'd have posted that on your story, that way no one would have said anything 😊 πŸ˜‰ Just advice for next time 😊
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
I am sorry, I don't want to offend anyone.

But I just have to get this out there.

India chased down a score of 359 with the loss of only 1 wicket and with 39 balls to spare.

There is definitely something paranormal about Virat Kohli. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
LOL eh, you know how it is. We always feel like we're talking in circles, yet someone else always understands what we're trying to say πŸ˜‰ But seriously, I've been patiently waiting on you to come to this story and provide the poltergeist lesson because I knew I'd just goof it up πŸ˜†

Oh, mornin' πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Morning Miracles. I never feel like I'm making any sense at all, so it's good to hear I'm making some after all. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
BJJ - I've been waiting/hoping for you to pop in on this one. You sum up the poltergeist activity much better than I've ever been able to 😊 I was giving you until the end of the day and then I was sending up smoke signals LOL
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
There are a couple of things that went through my mind while reading this. The activity sounds very much like poltergeist manifestations. Poltergeists seem to occur most often around teens. Poltergeists aren't true ghosts, they aren't an outside entity at all. They are simply a manifestation of stress and tension that can cause sounds and moving objects. Poltergeist activity is basically a form of telekinesis. Teens and people in stressful situations have excess energy that has to expend itself, and the poltergeist activity is the result of that. A poltergeist will eventually wear itself out and disappear.
Second thing that occurred to me, you say the activity recently resumed? Is the current activity the same as the previous activity? If it's the same sort of activity as before then it may be an intelligent haunt rather than a poltergeist. Have any changes or renovations been made to the house? Renovations do tend to stir up activity, and that activity will usually settle back down in time.
Um, I have to ask, is there any particular reason why you don't just throw the bear out with the trash?
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
You mentioned you experienced paranomal activity and then it stopped for a few years. Something "woke" up your house. I'm wondering if the problem is not so much your house but the land it's on. It sounds like it has a lot of negative history. Have any new homes or businesses been built near you lately? I'm also curious about how close your home is to the road where the fatal accidents took place.
I'm not sure you should try to speak to whatever it is until you have more of an idea what your dealing with.
scaryusernumber111 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Well...this spirit sounds like a poltergeist. Poltergeists are noisy ghosts but their harmless.
Try cleansing your house or try to communicate with it. Ask it to leave this house because its not welcomed here. And remember spirits are afraid of humans... The more you be brave the more it'll start to get scared. Hope this helps.
Dududancewithu (12 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
If you were Muslim I have the perfect solution!
But, I don't know what you are so I hope this goes wll for you. 😊
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
it sounds too me like a collective of spirits. I agree with redwolf in saying your daughter is most probably a sensitive. But you should remember that negative spirits feed from fear and negative energy. So if you want to overcome it, stop arguing and put on the brave faces. I'm not saying you charge the spirits down - confrontation could make it worse. But showing open fear only encourages activity
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
mommy7195
Whether this spirit means any harm or not it is making you and your husband fight and now is putting your daughter in distress. You need to do something to make it stop.
You can tell it that it is no longer welcome in your house and it must leave both your house and property. If this does not work there is a poster by the name of Rookdygin who has an excellent house cleansing method right on his homepage.
Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. You're 15 year old daughter is probably a sensative and is just coming into this but doesn't want the gift. Talk to her about it and see if she wants to do some research on the subject. But tell her to NEVER use a oiuja board it's NOT a toy like a lot of people think.

Regards
RedWolf
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
It dosen't sound like a harmful spirit. The way you described the spirit, it sounds like a small child just playing with your daughters toys. You could try smudging the house, blessing the house, etc, depending on your religion, if you even have a religion.

But, I don't think you need to take it that far. First try telling it that it is scaring your children and it needs to leave your personal property alone first and see if that helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: