You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Things Happening In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things Happening In Our Home

 

So it's been a while since I submitted a story (10 yrs)!

Well since my last story, my fiancée and I moved to a different house. The recurring dreams I had in my previous stories are gone!

It's a house from the 50's and it's connected to other houses, so you can hear the neighbours sometimes.

I do know that the previous person who lived here, died in this home and she was kind of young... In her 50's I believe and that she had a dog.

Well when we moved here, nothing much happened paranormal wise (maybe it did, but we had to get used to the noises of the house and neighbours). After we lived here for a while I was starting to see things from the corner of my eyes and hear things from time to time, that were coming from inside the house, since I could now hear the difference between a sound from inside the house or a sound from the neighbour's house. Things like boxes moving in the attic or walking in the attic, the sound of the door between the shed and washroom opening, things like that.

Our first neighbours to our left lived next to us from 2017-2018, they ended up getting evicted. I heard from a neighbour down the street that these neighbours believed their house was haunted and then especially the attic.

In 2018 we got a new neighbour in this house and she lived there until 2021 and then she moved to the other side of the country. We went to visit her at the beginning of 2023. She told us that she always had the feeling that a man was standing in the corner of her attic, on the side where we live. She would always ask permission to get something from that side, otherwise she would feel really uneasy when she would get something from there. I told her what I heard from the other neighbours and she said she wasn't surprised.

In our own home I have seen a dark mass move in the middle of the night, the height of a dog and we didn't have a dog at that time. We do own a dog now and sometimes it sounds like she's playing with someone upstairs, even though no one is there. She'll sometimes just stare at a corner, even though nothing is there (that we can see). I sometimes feel a bit uneasy, like someone is watching me or standing behind me, but nothing evil or menacing.

A while back I was upstairs folding laundry, when I heard the sound of our relax chair being folded in, it has a very specific sound, and I actually walked downstairs expecting someone there, but no one was there. You manually have to fold it in and out, so it's not like an electrical problem.

We sometimes have things going missing and it'll show up somewhere else weeks or months later or not at all.

A few weeks ago we wanted to get the Christmas decorations from the attic and when we opened the latch door, we saw that a heavy box somehow fell over against the ladder. It went with so much force, it made a hole in the box. My fiancée and I tried to see how this could happen, but couldn't figure it out.

Also a few weeks ago I was sitting in my chair, which faces the front door as well and all of a sudden I saw a bright light right outside our front door. Mind you, where we live, you can't get there by car and it's more of a dead end alley way. Normally if someone is outside our door our dog will start to bark, but she didn't.

My fiancée was smoking in the shed at the time, which the door to the shed is next to the front door. When he came back in, I asked him if he saw the light. He looked kind of funny at me and told me he didn't.

My fiancée also does see like shadows or hears strange noises from time to time and we always joke that it's the lady or dog that lived here before us. We don't feel like it's evil or anything, more like it's checking in to see if we take care of the house and play with our dog. Our dog seems to feel at ease with whoever is here and she's picky when it comes to her "friends". So I also go by however she's behaving, since animals can sense more than us humans.

Well that's it for now!

Thank you for reading:)

Other hauntings by anjarey

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anjarey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2023-12-20)
Hi anjarey

Animals are known to see what we cannot, also they great at sniffing out the good vs bad guys (alive and otherwise) so as long as you have doggys approval I think it's all good.
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2023-12-18)
[at] Rajine yea that's what i'm thinking as well and like I said, my dog seems to like whoever is playing with her... She doesn't like everyone.

[at] Linjahaha Merry Christmas to you! I'm happy that so far we didn't get chased out or something.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2023-12-17)
It seems that both the lady who passed away and dog has an attachment to the house, but it's good that you don't get a menacing feeling from your experiences, I suppose she's just making sure that her house is in good hands and will probably leave in time.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2023-12-14)
Anjarey, this is an interesting account that you have. I'm glad, for your sake, that you aren't having difficulties, or feeling uneasy.
My late husband, & I lived in a very haunted house almost 50 years ago now. It was a very traumatic time period for us. We ended up being chased out, & never went back. Sometimes it's just better to get out all together. That's exactly what we did.
As long as you have no issues with it, just maybe you 'can' cohabitate. Good luck to you, & it was an interesting read!

By the way-
Have a great Christmas! 😊 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: