You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: A Four Year Olds Tale

Real Ghost Stories

A Four Year Olds Tale

 

We have been told that our son has an old soul. Our four year old never woke us up screaming in the middle of the night while teething. When sick he played as hard as when he was well. At two years old he was toddling around the house to help us, didn't get into or tear up everything. He never hit the "terrible two's" never got into the "horrific three's" and now that he is four he still has the same laid back, taking everything in stride personality that he has always had. My husband and I feel very blessed to have such a well mannered, calm little guy as he is the exact opposite of our daughter when she was his age.

Just before he turned three and was beginning to have conversations with us, some things that we had observed him doing started making sense. It unnerved us, but in the scheme of things, he was little by little allowing us into his life and letting us know what he sees. Of course, some of it we had to figure out what he was really saying and we may have jumped to some conclusions at first, but once words and their meanings became clearer to him, he gave us great detailed descriptions of what was "bouncing around".

Anyone with children knows that when their child starts the journey into the spoken word, most of it sounds like jumbled words and phrases that do not seem to quite fit the rest of the sentence. With him he had a long issuance of sounds that we did not recognize, the family (immediate and extended) began working heavily with him on the pronunciation of words. Half the time he spoke English (That is technically the only language he had long exposure to. The neighbors spoke Spanish, but rarely to him) and the other half were a combination of clicking and almost humming sounds, so therefore we began looking into speech therapy for him.

We have always enjoyed his imagination. Even now he prefers to be alone with his "friends" but doesn't mind the intrusion when we come in. He regals us with stories of his friends Belle and Justin. We did not want that destroyed. With us being in our late thirties and early forties we know how easy it is to lose the ability to let our minds tell us a story. Plus our daughter had gone through therapy with a psychologist and the results were explosive (That is in a different post). So we were apprehensive about the therapy sessions. Even knowing it was a different therapy, different children, the offices were in the same building, but where we could afford to take him at the time.

He went to two sessions. In the first session the entire hour was video and audio taped. I did not like that. Several years from now someone may be going through old records and find these tapes and there will be my innocent angel up on the screen. I couldn't imagine anything untoward happening, but the unease was there. The second session we watched and listened to bits and pieces of the first while the therapist shook her head and told us that on initial observation, it would appear that he was talking to someone and waiting for answers. In her opinion, he was just having fun with a friend and he had "made up" a language that they could have secret conversations with. She recommended a psychologist.

After two consultations, we decided that no further action would be taken. We would just patiently try to teach him to slow down and enunciate words. That would be the solution. There was nothing in his life pointing to a psychological problem, he was just having problems with words.

Then he said the darnedest thing. We have an open relationship with our children. They are encouraged to come to either one of us with anything and we TRY to, with an open mind, help, support and love them through anything that they are going through. My terminally ill father-in-law lives with us (Higher Power love him for hanging on this long) so religion is a big part of our lives, but we do not discuss the "ins and outs" of life before and after our physical being with our four year old. ANY conversation to that effect is usually with my daughter and in a room with a closed door out of respect to my father-in-law who is on that brink.

One day we were checking out Daddy's race car (He races a mini-stock locally, nothing big and fancy, just an old mustang) and our son was playing in the drivers seat. Out of the blue he says something to the effect of:

"This is why I chose you, Daddy..."

Smiling, Daddy asked him how he was able to choose him when he was a miracle baby that surprised both Mama and Daddy.

He told us that while he was up in Heaven checking out all the Mama's and Daddy's and trying to pick out the perfect ones, he noticed Sissy first. She needed help. Then he noticed Daddy. Our son would sit on a cloud with his feet hanging down and swinging and just watching him. He liked what he saw and began checking me out. He knows that something was keeping Mama from having another baby, but he wanted us, so he came. He said his Daddy needed someone else to love as he had such a good heart and he knew there was enough to go around. Daddy would need help with his hobbies and needed a boy to hang out with.

Some facts: Between the birth of our daughter, now fifteen, and our son, now four, we had three miscarriages. We were told that I am just not a natural born baby carrier, and we should just "be happy" with the child that we had (My husband has three other children by a previous marriage that he was prevented in seeing by the ex-wife. Big ugly mess that whole thing is) and accept that there would be no others. At three months pregnant I began having difficulties, almost lost him, and was put on complete bed rest. While in a depressed state I was introduced to my Spirit Guide (a White Buffalo) who literally carried me through. I am Italian and, no blonds or red heads in as many generations that my parents have knowledge of. My husband is half Cherokee Indian, quarter Blackfoot. His father is Cherokee, his mother Cherokee/Blackfoot. No blonde's there. Our son is blond and blue eyed. His name has the number three in it.

I'm not sure that numerology has any kind of play into this. I'm not sure I believe that things can be determined by numerology. Then again, I'm not sure how numerology works. But all the threes... My Guide and my son have the same color hair. Would anyone happen to have some kind of explanation on how he came up with the Heaven story or why he seems to act older than four? And what with the made up language that he still slips into on occasion, any one know what that may be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paranorm12 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
creepy, so you were carrying a ghost? Was it painful at birth? Hope your son is ok.
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Go talk to your tribal Shawman. She can give you some answers. Maybe even cypher the language he's managed to pick up.
croat-babe (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
hey I just came across your story and something compeld me to read it
My mum told me that I had said something similar to her when I was 3 (you no mum I chose you to be my mummy) I now have a 4 year old boy when he was younger I went through the same thing with language (at first we thought he was trying to speak croatian as we used to speak it a lot around him when he was a baby) I have noticed that a lot of babies and children do that my son still does when I ask who he is talking to he tells me 'mummy my friend see' I said 'no baby I dont, can you use your words please?' deakin always refuses to speak properly with his friend
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Oh, trust me, it still does me at times, too, MissHill.
A little something about this little man. He is now six, and still weirds me out with some of the things he says and does. On a good note, he has a guide who is willing to come at all hours and help him out if there is a need. It feels as if we have an entire village on our side, trying to teach him how to deal with his gifts. Which is a good thing, because I am still learning myself. But, I have a really good teacher.
Wa-do.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Never having any doubt in the paranormal having my child tell me that would freak me out for a while.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
Sorry I got back here so long after your comment, Temilicious.
You know, when I was growing up and was experiencing some of the things that my son does (oh, my word, NOTHING compared to what he has already seen) I only had one person that I could go to with questions and problems of what was going on around me. In that my Grandmother lived so far away from me, I had to "save up" everything to present to her all at one time.
We would end up having long, late night sessions as she tried to teach me AFTER the fact. It was really hard to get what she meant when I could no longer bring the problem completely to mind (meaning: colors, feelings, what ELSE was going on at the time). My parents wanted to believe that I just had a vivid imagination, and let people know that I would become a leading writer.
They did not believe me.
Even though my Mother's Mother is the Grandmother that I am referring to, and she grew up in a home where Spirituality was a daily occurrence, she refused to believe that the gift had skipped a generation, and older siblings to settle on me.
Both of my parents decided that it would be in my best interest if they kept my Grandmother and myself apart from one another. My Mother was "sick of the parlor games", and my Father did not want HIS clan thinking we were "touched". So we really did not have all that much time to teach, and be taught.
After a while, I started to ignore things too.
When I became pregnant for the first time, thoughts of the past "pains" of my parentage seemed to "haunt" me. I vividly remembered being told not to lie, to stop stretching the truth, embellishing is wrong, etc.
My life partner and I decided that NONE of our children were to go through the same negative situations while under our roof. He had witnessed numerous times in which my parents had seemed to be unfair. And I was an adult at the time.
Our now 17 year old (EssieJ on here) was the first to show signs of the gift. Eleven years later, when our son was born, (Ah, the newness of a little one. We SWORE we could see a halo about his crown) she seemed to teach HIM things. Now, these few years later, the tables have turned and HE is teaching all of us.
A little patience, a bit of understanding, or at least TRYING to understand, looking for correct support groups, and pretending to be fearless are huge tools that allow them both to feel safe enough to grow in their personal talents. Our son is a seer and a teacher, our daughters gifts are more audio.
I have been blessed with five gifted and talented children, who have thus far blessed us further with five beautiful grandchildren. I could NOT dishonor them by not being here for each and every one.
Thank you.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Oh dear, I meant to say I feel a lot of her in you 😊

Thanks for listening.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
I have been going through some of your stories and it's odd but I feel saddened that most people don't frequent this sight anymore, I don't blame them because I have noticed the change in tone in the comments over the last 2years which is a pity because I feel as if I am getting to learnand understand a lot more about myself and my family. Can you believe I have found myself talking to shadows on the street, much to my boyfriend's embarressment. I do not realise I am doing this. And No I have not had a response yet but My inner eye has been opened.

Unfortunately I now live in a different city to my neice, but I am sure the little bugger has been up to no good. She is coming over for the Christmas holidays so we will see if anything happens this time.
One of our elders at home, who is a prophet told me that our ancestors initially wanted my neices mother but even though she believes, she easily gets frightened whereas her daughter is much stronger a person than her.
God has given us all talents and it seems your son's is that of a teacher. He sure has tought me a lot. Blessings be to your family. English is my 2nd language and I am having difficulty putting this on words but I wish all children had a mother as patient and as spiritually 'there' as yourself. My mother was like my neice but she tried to avoid talking about her experiences but would listen and explain to me mine. She is no longer with us but I wish she had been more open about it cause I feel she had a lot more answers than I do. She had me when she was 16 and passed away at 39. (Here I am getting emotional)

I think I feel this connection to you because everyone, even relatives considered my brother (he is 10years younger than me) and I as 'odd' yet she was so unconditional in her love. I see a bit of you in her and I can see why any spirit would want to be born of you.

MUch love.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I am not so sure it would be classified as "courage" in other circles, but, thanks. I, too, am not here as often as I used to be. My nerves just are not as strong as they once were, I guess. You know, when it feels like every aspect of your life involves a struggle, you really do not want your leisure time to have one too.
The Psychic side, eh? Maybe I should start hanging out there again, too.
Thank you. Really.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
WB, I don't hang out on this site much anymore. Too much squabbling & anger. That just jumpstarts something inside of me that,... Well I'd rather not encourage. I do stop by periodically to check on you, Troyarn, Hollyhobby & Surya. Red dog Aussie too. The Psychic site is where I am usually under another name. I'm glad you have the, um courage to stick with it here. Your stories & insights are invaluable Best, Osa
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Hi Osa.
Thank you very much for that added link. I went and checked into it lightly this morning and there is such a wealth of information. I really appreciate you coming by and dropping it off. As our son is getting older, it is a bit harder to "ignore" what he is living, and it looks like this site will help out as well.
Thanks again! I have added IT to my favs, too!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-07)
Amazing, Temilicious.
I was truly there in your story. It was as if you are my blood, and we were just sitting around talking about the children in our family.
I FEEL exactly what you are talking about when you talk of the six year olds laugh. It is very... Mid-aged, is it not? Our son will just floor us with things that a little guy really should not know. He wrote a story in school, and got a "D" on it (he is in first grade, so they are a mite more lenient with the children) as the teacher said there was no way that a six year old (he is now six) would have written "I want to be a fireman, if I can get all the information".
The thing is, we never knew he was writing this story. It was "in class" work. Which would have meant that he got the wording somewhere in the classroom. IF it was not already in his mind. The SPELLING was wrong, but the words were clear.
Babbling? Shoot no. I find it comforting that so far away there is a family living what we do on a daily basis and surviving very well.
Thank you. I think I would enjoy discussing this with you further.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
WB, If you'ld like another NDE site, & everlong too, or anyone else. Try www.near-death.com/. It's a cool site & has helped me immensely. Ciao.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Hi Whitebuffalo

Oh my gosh this is so weird. Last week sunday, I was with my mother's cousin, her half sister and her boyfriend and we were talking about our family and somehow the discussion ended up being about how her son and a neice of mine have old souls but both in different ways. The son is only two years old but the things that child does and says freaks everyone out. You will never hear him cry or moan or run around like two years olds are prone to do. When you were describing your son he popped into my mind immidiately. My neice on the other hand is too big for her boots, started talking at one, is now six and will tell us of relatives who passed on long before she was born. People who have been gone for so long we rarely talk about them. When my mother passed away she would aften talk to her or have the same dreams as I concerning my mother. She says things like, 'long ago when I was young.' Sometimes we laugh at her and ask how old is she now, and she will just laugh back at us like someone who knows a secret we don't and she will reply, 'I know things' and when we ask her how she knows things she will day, 'I was there. But it's the way she replies, like a worldly woman, not a six year old. She spends more time with my grandmother.

Sorry for babbling but I just find this fascinating that we are continents away and yet are all still riddled with the same questions.
Last sunday while we were discussing these curious little beings, my aunt's boyfriend said something that has gotten me thinking. He said that God stopped creating with Adam and Eve, and that man has now been creating himself by souls of old relatives coming to life through the next generations. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but He went on to say that sometimes at birth the soul of another person will quickly inhabit the body of the newly born before it's actual soul has. Not saying there is any truth in all this but I just found it interesting.
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
You're very welcome, Whitebuffalo. I'm happy to pass along information that has also helped me in some ways. Just remember to be patient. Not all of the stories will blow you away, but I promise that there are plenty that will open your mind to a whole other set of possibilities when it comes to our lives now, and what may happen when we pass on.

Personally, I devoured that site. I started reading and just couldn't stop. And they keep it very updated with new stories added almost daily.

Take Care and feel lucky about what your son son said. It truly sounds as if he may have a gift. And even if he doesn't it was a special thing to have happen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Thank you so much, everlong.
I can not tell you how much it means to me that someone that I have just encountered on the Internet would take the time to help me out as you have. I have checked out that site (and added it to my favorites, I might add) and am looking forward to what it can teach me.
Thank you again. Really.
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Whitebuffalo, here is a link to the biggest on-line site for near death experiences. I have read through all of them. Many of them are very short and aren't very good reads, but you do come across ones that are absolutely incredible and well written. You just have to have patience when browsing through them to get to the really good ones. I guarantee you that, if you do read the stories, you will find things to make you much more comfortable and even happy about your sons seemingly odd comment to you.

When I read what he said in your story I didn't find it strange at all. It made perfect sense to me hearing what he said, after having read what I have read.

Take Care.

Http://www.nderf.org/
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
ghostmedia,
Yes, we have been told he has an old soul. When he started all of his... What WE thought to be imaginative thinking, it was recommended that we take him in for "treatment". Even as young as what he was the "experts" wanted to place him on medications to "slow his mind" as they thought he was simply having problems controlling his thought processes. We left those experts to go the unconventional way as we did not think drugging him would be for his benefit.
While the "experts" thought it was over active imagination, the people he encountered would tell a different side. He gave them examples that he should not know.
He DOES act like a "normal" six year old. He plays, gets excited, has a love/hate relationship with school, asks a thousand questions at a time, has issues with friends, all the things other six year olds do.
But there are moments, when he can not control himself, and we get to learn from him.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
everlong,
Thank you.
I have been put in contact with numerous stories of children saying much the same thing. I have never been in touch with ONE of them (save for my own) to actually talk to, and it is comforting to know that others DO share a similar thread.
Maybe I have been looking at this from the "wrong side" all along and need to start looking at near death experiences instead of young life experiences. Maybe I would find more information.
Thank you for giving me something else to look up. I appreciate it. 😊
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
Hmmm... This is very interesting. You have actually BEEN told he has an old soul? I don't think you can get him to change it, or get rid of it, but he is mature which is a good thing. You might not be able to have a normal life with him, it'll probably be like a 12 year old or something. Good luck with everything! Beccca ❤ x ❤
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-05)
I can tell you this about his Heaven story. I have read hundreds and hundreds of accounts of near death experiences. In a few of them, the people who were experiencing it, told of how we are all old souls who have been here from the beginning. We reincarnate to learn how to be better souls here on Earth. Before we incarnate we are able to pick and choose who our parents will be and what type of life we will live. We do this so that we may learn and grow and picking our lives is like picking our lesson.

Don't know if that helps or if you even believe something like that. I can tell you that I read it in enough accounts that I believe it to be true.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Miegatalipisme Kirie otheosmou. Miapostis apemou. Proshesistin voithianmou Kirie tissotiriasmou.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
In the Name of The Great Spirit,
And by the power of His Blood and His Mercy,
We bind all spirits in the air, and the fire and the water,
In the ground and the underground and the nether world,
And we bind any satanic forces of nature.
We bind all curses, hexes, or spells, or any occult activity previously used.
We bind the interaction and interplay of spirits.
And we claim the protection
Of the Great Spirit
Over this house and grounds, and over every person here.
We call upon the ancestors of the land
And the company of angels to surround this place,
Making it both safe and sacred.
And we call out to you, O Great Spirit.
Come now and fill this place, never to leave!
We pray in the name of the Great Spirit, Amen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Thank you, oc3anbreezexx, for reading this and enjoying it. My little man is unique!
oc3anbreezexx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Wow I really enjoyed reading this story, although I have no answers to your questions. Just wanted to say it was a very touching story. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
I feel I need to explain something to you, sylviessweeties.
I have read, and reread your comments, and have checked out the links you have posted, and I tell you, I have not commented BACK to you yet, as I have been thinking. Hard.
That is a good thing. I thank you for giving me that opportunity.
What I am thinking so hard on, is birth order.
I know you just read that and thought "WHAT does THAT have to do with my comment?"
Maybe nothing, I do not know. But it occurred to me, as I was reading through your comments again that I have TWO "First Born's". I have a girl and a boy. They are eleven years apart in age, which makes them BOTH "First Born's".
I may have to check that out to see if there is any documentation that seems to suggest there is a connection there. It sound like you have birth order children as well, how you have described their personalities.
Thank you for giving me something to think about, and check out. I really appreciate it.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Lilike is scared of the dark so we got her a light up rainbow bear for christmas that just came with a bonus book about a little girl named Lilly. Lilikes name is Lily
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
Lilikes school report read Lilike writes to much about her baby sister when it comes to her story writing, She needs to write about other topics. Anjeni has gone to the beach and the park lol. She needs to listen more is in a dream world. Phone Psychic warned me. Lilikes school teachers will be negative about her as shes a free spirit who does what she wants. Lilikes behavior used to be very excitable and all over the place and rough and she was rough and tumble with her little brother. Since Anjeni has come along she has calmed down heaps and is quiet and wanting to share dolls and teddies with her and hold her hand and dress her in girls things. And she will be silly but very cute running with Locke sometimes without rough tomboy play now.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
My 2 girls came to me years before they were born in 2001 they were together playing a dream with me the mommy in the dream and no other adults. I would wake in and out of the dream yelling Stephen the name of my fathers children. And my 2 girls were born 5 years apart in age. They thought Lilike had sepsis at birth when she was born in June 2003. And Anjeni my youngest was born July 2008 after ttc for so long after a miscarriage on feb 13th 2007. My son Locke came to me in 2004 a week before Lilikes 1st birthday and I ttc him in 2005 and Locke my son was born May 29th 2006 Mr President JFK's birthday and the date my dads nanna whom I'm named after and my dad adored died on. My dad said his grandson would have the cord wrapped around his neck and he did twice as I had to push him out I had to stop pushing for his dad to cut the cord. Or he would have had oxygen cut off to his brain and may have died if I continued pushing with a rapid birth with the cord wrapped arounnd his neck twice. None of the girls had the cord wrapped around there necks twice, Lilikes birthtime is 2:05pm and Lockes is 5:20pm put 20 in front of 5 and you get 2:05pm. My childrens Grandmother is Judith and is Lilikes middle name and the midwife who delivered Locke and saw the cord wrapped around his neck whilst in rapid labor with my son was named Judith. Stevie planted an apple tree as I went into labor with Locke.
Geocities.com/sweetpeacegarden
Geocities.com/sweetpeacegarden/lilikeweisz
Geocities.com/sweetpeacegarden/lockeweisz
Geocities.com/sweetpeacegarden/halo
Www.myspace.com/rainbowpuddles
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Hello again, SlyGemini10.
Since this story was posted SO many new things have occurred involving my son. His talent seems to be progressing, and I think pretty soon, I may be in need of further assistance from very knowledgeable psychiatrists (well, maybe a few sociologists would be better).
An alien language. Hmm, that is one theory that no one has offered me until you. Thank you. I am always looking into different thoughts on subjects, and I thank you for the twist from the "norm". (Honestly, WHO really knows what is the norm?) I will take it into consideration.
Thank you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: