You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Revolutionary War Soldier

Real Ghost Stories

Revolutionary War Soldier

 

This story is so strange that my own mom has a hard time believing it. I was about 14, and lived on the second floor of an apartment building. One night my mom, my friend and I were sitting on the couch watching tv. What looked like a red laser light started moving around on our wall, my mom freaked out thinking that someone was pointing a gun inside our house or something. She turned off all of the lights and went into her bedroom to look out the window.

My friend and I stood in the dark living room wondering what was going on. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something white. I turned to look, and I saw a glowing white shadow of a man. He was a shadow, but I could clearly see his features. He was dressed as a revolutionary war soldier (I looked it up years later). He wore a long coat, boots, a 3 point hat and his uniform had a large "x" on it. He was walking in slow motion on my balcony, staring straight forward. I was too afraid to move, I assumed that my friend was also watching because she wasn't moving or saying anything either. I watched him walk through the banister, and out of sight.

I asked my friend, "did you see that?" To which she replied, "see what?" My heart sunk. I knew at that moment that no one would probably believe me...

I later found out that some men that served in the revolutionary war lived out the rest of their lives near my home and are buried nearby. Has anyone else seen anything remotely similar? I'm wondering if he was just passing by, because I never saw him again.

Other hauntings by Ash7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ash7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
Ash7 I have been seeing shiny white figures from corner of my eyes since I last visited cemetery. They never bugged me though.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
😆 Oh God, Red; that's priceless! 😆

(Extra characters to meet the limit...)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-23)
Ash

Although I never witnessed anything like this a friend I had a long time ago has.

He was in Philadelphia Pa. And in the area he was by did Revolutionary war re-enactments. He heard a lot of noise on the other side of some tall bushes so he walked through and was enjoying what he thought was a re-enactment. To his surprise all of a sudden everyone just disappeared. The first thing he did when he came home was to come to my house to have us reassure him that he wasn't nuts, 😆. We quickly put him at ease when we told him he was not nuts. That's when he freaked because he was afraid of ghosts 😆.

Regards
Red
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-19)
Greetings, Ash.

I found your narrative interesting, primarily because you were the only witness to the presence outside. The "3 point hat" is often referred to as a "tricorne" ("three-cornered") or a "cocked hat." The word "tricorne" apparently was a disparaging term once the hats had become unfashionable.

As for the X on the uniform, here are 3 links to American military uniforms of the Revolutionary era:
4th Connecticut Regiment of Infantry Continental Line: http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/p5f.jpg
2nd New Hampshire Regiment of Infantry, 1777: http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/p14f.jpg
4th Independent Co of Maryland State Troops, 1776: http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/p11f.jpg

The majority of troops wore either a single baldric or crossed baldrics. About a century later, crossed bandoliers carrying ammunition became an effective part of military attire, though not part of the dress uniform.

Depending upon the regiment & rank, British Soldiers also wore crossed white baldrics.

Just trying to be helpful.
-Biblio.
Allicatt (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-19)
Hey Ash7,

I can definitely say that others have witnessed both. I've never saw the red light like that but I have saw the white figures but only a few times wearing clothes. Though never a soldier in that sort of uniform. If you don't mind me asking where was the x located the sleeve, back or on the front? Do you remember if the X was a certain color or did the whole uniform just appear in the same white apparition of the rest of the uniform. I've never heard of uniform having an X on them so that's a interesting point in itself. He most likely was just passing thru, or maybe he was keeping watch from your balcony out of instinct like it was his post. I could be completely wrong but it would make sense considering a balcony would give a large scope of the surrounding and a slight advantage if he was a long range shooter almost like a sniper or a look out. Just a few thoughts.

Thank you for sharing this with us,

Allicatt
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-18)
Hi Ash,

Boy do I hope you check in and reply, a few of us have only just now been discussing this very thing. The short answer is YES many other folk have encountered white glowing figures. However, yours is the first I've heard of that wore clothes.
Others have also encountered a red laser type thing before seeing a white glowing figure.
Here are some links which may interest you:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21450

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22214

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22337

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22998

In the comments of the last link there's a discussion about red lasers and whatnot.

Very interesting, thanks heaps for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: