You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Glowing White Figure

Real Ghost Stories

A Glowing White Figure

 

This is my first story here. I have had many encounters in my life so far so I'll start off with this one.

The year was 2005, I think the month was December. Summer was just starting and I was staying at a friends of mine. So we decided to hang out at the park in Rangiora (in North Canterbury, North from Christchurch) called Matawai Nature Park. The time of the day was mid afternoon.

I was just going out from using the public toilets and went to find my friend who was on the other side of the park. As I was walking up to the path before the lake, I saw a tall white (glowing) faceless figure with arms and all. Walked out in front of me and walked around the corner. I stood still in shock, not believing what I saw at first. I thought I was going crazy. The area was dead quiet.

Few seconds later I heard my mate go Russellll... Did you see that? I replied by the white thing? He replied Yes. So I continue to walk ahead and my friend was around the corner as well and told me he saw it when he was on the other side of the lake.

My friend said we should go find it. So we tried to look for it for a good 10-20 minutes but couldn't but the area was still very silent and you can feel a shiver in the bones.

To this day I still wonder what I saw. Was very spooky the way it walked just like it was a casual thing. To describe it all I can say was it was glowing/shining. Its height was kind of like a basketball player height. Trying to remember it gives me shivers. Every time I go pass the park I get the chills.

Other hauntings by sheld999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sheld999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-06)
Tweed now you mentioned about white duck. (off topic reply here)

I receny seen a wild white duck here in my hometown. Nothing sprital tho.

Hi uvpeople the color was between a soild bright shining white like the keypad on phone to a snow white reflecting off the sun white
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Uvpeople,

In case you check back on this thread I wanted to leave you this link from a new submission:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23821

This may not be the same kind of entity we're discussing here, but the person describes those red lasers and a white figure.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-17)
Sheld's shiny description makes me think of 'mica'. Which, If I remember rightly, is a mineral and also a good insulator and conductor of electricity.
It gets used in anything from cosmetics to car paint to add shine (think metallic or pearly finishes).

Oddly enough I *think* mica also occurs in the animal kingdom. But I can't find anything online to back that up. I'm remembering a wildlife documentary from a few years back which mentioned the presence of mica in duck feathers, among other bird species. In ducks mica is responsible for the purple and/or green feathers within duck markings.
Following this reasoning, and mica's electrical applications, perhaps the shiny dude Sheld described was partly comprised of this material, or otherwise somehow utilising it or something similar to 'mica', their version of it perhaps.

Just some thoughts. The shiny detail really intrigued me back when I first read this.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-17)
uvpeople:

While I am far from proficient in automotive engineering and maintenance, I have a basic grasp of some of the essential components' functions within the motor.
1) The spark plug ignites the fuel/oxygen mix within the cylinder, driving the piston which is attached to the cam shaft.
2) A cam is an ellipse, such that the axis is encompassed by the thickest arc, but the piston is attached to a projecting smaller arc (picture a cross-section of a boiled egg: the yolk is the axis which rotates in a perfect circle, the rest of the egg appears to spin in a lopsided manner) .
3) As the cam rotates, the other cams on the shaft are forced into position for their spark plugs to ignite the gasoline/air mixture in their cylinders.
4) The pistons going up and down provide rotary motion to the camshaft, which (through linkages, the differential, etc.) provides the power for your car to move.
HOWEVER,
5) On older cars, there was a dynamo in the engine, off to one side of the drive shaft, which --essentially-- used the motor's own power to spin a magnetic field and keep the battery charged; more modern cars use alternators (they alternate the electrical current, whereas dynamos produce only direct current). I'm really stretching the limit of my mechanical engineering knowledge, here, so IF I'm in error, someone will correct me.
6) The point to all of this is that the engine is not only using fossil fuels and brief bursts of electricity to power the engine while supplying power to the lights, but that it also contains a system to syphon off a minuscule amount of energy to power a device that redistributes power through the system without interrupting the steady energy flow.
THAT would be of interest to anyone drawn to power sources and electrical fields.
Best,
Biblio
uvpeople (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-16)
If our radiation outputs are somehow interfering with or harming them, maybe the crazy amounts that nuclear weapons put out when they detonate was ESPECIALLY noticeable. The UFO phenomena really got into full swing shortly after those things started going off. Maybe they're connected? Cars just have an inbuilt radio receiver, they don't transmit usually, but once they started to take notice of us, I can imagine cars would be interesting even if there aren't a lot of electrical components. They have simple light in the headlights but those are everywhere. Most lights aren't moving around so much.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-16)
Uvpeople and Biblio,

That entity playing with the pen was bending over the TV and video machine at one point. Back then this was a betamax with no remote control, the TV also had no remote. But even so, the TV and nearby stereo receive waves and signals, this might have interested it.
Huh, I was just about to say 'that doesn't explain the car fascination' but guess what has an inbuilt radio, cars do lol.

Don't know how red lasers fit into all this though. Can't help but think it's all connected somehow.

Biblio, my aunt isn't a smoker let alone a chain smoker lol. But I was next to a 'coonara' wood heater, the kind with a glass 'window door'. The place always smelt like open fire smoke, but it was never smokey in the house. However, I was right next to it. Maybe the heat and whatever little smoke was emitted into the room made the infrared signal visible, not sure.
Thanks for your input, what you said here: "The light which is not reflected back is of the wavelengths which comprise the color of that surface." Has cleared up something which has long confused me, thanks for that clarification! I never knew if it was the other way around or not. 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-15)
Greetings, uvpeople:

I like that idea. I suppose that our increased use of electromagnetic fields through developing technologies of the last 150 years would have an effect upon such individuals (or upon such "life forms," anyway) so there would be a vested interest in discovering the sources of the fields which are interfering with (perhaps even disturbing or harming) their existence.

This is further speculation based upon your speculation, and I may be pushing the metaphorical boat too far out into the river, but it's consistent with your initial premise.

Best,
Biblio.
uvpeople (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-15)
A thought experiment here, let's say these things maybe exist as electromagnetic radiation, they're not physical, they only exist as energy. That kind of 'life' is so alien to us it could go unnoticed easily. We would be equally alien to it. If they do exist, maybe they noticed us first because we've been sending out all kinds of unnatural EM radiation that's as noticeable to them as a mountain is to us. Imagine if you could somehow 'switch' over and exist like they do, nothing physical, just waves of different types of oscillating radiation going to and fro. It'd be really strange and disorienting I think. It might make sense to try to take a similar 'form' to these entities if we wanted to study this alien life in its habitat, rather than look at readouts measuring certain radiation? If they're doing something similar, things emitting radiation in certain forms is familiar and noticeable to them, just like a bit of matter being used by some EM life in their contraptions would be more familiar and understandable to us. The pen, the tv remote both used something they were familiar with to function. Maybe they just notice the red lights on cars traveling in seemingly intelligent patterns all the time all over the place and that's what their interest is. I'm not a scientist so maybe I'm visualizing this totally wrong and making wild assumptions, but it's an interesting possibility.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-15)
Quick note for Tweed:

Strange as this sounds, you can't see light. You can see when light is present, because it hits the surfaces around you, and it is *partially* reflected toward your eyes. The light which is not reflected back is of the wavelengths which comprise the color of that surface. Lasers can be seen when they pass through a mist, just as the entire beam of light can be seen when using a flashlight in a fog.

The tv remote you mention would operate using infra red light to transmit the information to the receptor on the front of the tv. The only way I can imagine your seeing a hyphen-sized line of light emit from the remote and travel toward the television would be if your aunt was a chain-smoker living in a house with limited ventilation. I suspect that this is highly unlikely; besides that, the light emitting from the remote should not have been moving slow enough to be visible as anything but a slim, steady beam for one fraction of a second under those hypothetical circumstances.

"'Curiouser and curiouser,' said Alice."
-Biblio.

P.S.: RedWolf has helped out with science questions before; she should be able to help clarify or correct any of my statements my pre-caffeinated morning brain has stumbled through.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-15)
Uvpeople, thanks for that link!
I've been thinking about cars, wondering what it is about cars that interest them. The descriptions of those red lasers reminded me of something that happened when I was a kid. It was the mid 80's, I was at my aunt's house watching TV and switched channels with her remote control. When I pressed the remote button a very small laser like red line came out of the remote and went to the TV where I was pointing. It was very fast and small like the size of a hyphen '-', small like that. Being the curious youngster I was, I tried to do it again and it wouldn't happen.
There's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for the small red remote control laser. But with what you've shared about red laser type experiences, together with another person's submission about a white glowing entity playing with a TV remote, and my one with the light up pen fascination, it seems likely there's some kind of link. I like your idea they're interested in some of our stuff which mimics something like what they're familiar with. Perhaps their fascination with cars is as stupidly simple as they like the red tail lights lol. Or it could all be coincidence, but it's interesting all the same.
I've also thought they don't seem like regular 'ghosts' or 'aliens'. As you say 'something from elsewhere'. That's a neat way to put it. 😊
uvpeople (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-14)
Tweed, it was interesting that he was checking out that pen, like he was trying to understand it. There's one other kind of convergent story I've seen, the entity looked the same, and before the sighting the witness saw a red dot like a laser pointer in their room with no apparent source. Probably not a meaningful coincidence, but maybe it was interested in your red pen because it was like something they had seen/used? (heres a link to it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Humanoidencounters/comments/2vfx55/glowing_faceless_humanoid/) The ones I saw were looking at a car, and I saw a short video on youtube called the mannequin people that talks about faceless entities, and in all of those stories in the video, the things are hanging around or in cars. The ones I saw weren't foggy at all, very corporeal and vivid. But they do sound very similar. Whatever they are I don't think they're ghosts or aliens from another world but something from elsewhere. I guess it's kind of unlikely that something would evolve elsewhere and have a humanoid form, but these things sure don't seem like people. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to figure out what these things are.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-14)
UVpeople, thanks for commenting about these weird entities. I looked up your encounter online and it's extremely fascinating. The silence factor in both accounts has really got me thinking.
Here are some more experiences which seem to describe the same type of entity. One of these is my own and being that I was very young at the time I don't recall an absence of sound or sudden silence, so can't really speak to that. But others have described this. Interestingly someone else described one hanging around a car. In fact in all experiences these entities all seem to hang around electrical objects.
Cool stuff, thanks again for commenting you've really got me thinking. 😊

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21450

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22214

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22337
uvpeople (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-14)
hey sheld, I was digging around on the internet, looking for sightings like mine, and yours sounds REALLY similar. I sent mine to a researcher and it got reposted on a few sites titled "Faceless Entities and a Creepy Silence in Nashville." I think you might find it interesting. The glow was there, they had no faces, I also saw it with a friend, except there were two of them when I saw them. Things got really quiet too. What color light were the things you saw emitting?
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
plus it walked a very short distant too. Not sure how long it walked tho but was a good 5-10meters going around a corner. The way it appeared when it came from my left hand side just walked into my path as soon I got to the small hill. As soon I approached the small hill/raised path it came pass me within few feet. Now I would of notice it coming from corner of my eye. But this just appeared and bam seem like it was doing a causal thing.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
tweed yeah once it went the bird life and ducks and swans start up quaking tweeting etc. Still very clear in mind
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
The shiny detail is a total wow factor, that is new to me. Most people who report beings of this description see them in the dark, same in my case, I wonder if daylight, or any brightness, has anything to do with it appearing shiny. That's fascinating!
I was trying to remember if the thing I saw had a face, but I either can't remember the 'face' or it didn't have one. From memory it didn't seem to have eyes or a mouth or anything, not that I remember anyway. I don't think anyone else describes facial features either, intriguing stuff.
That's cool you felt as if it was walking through dimensions. Cool also the surrounding wildlife seemed to shut up at it's arrival lol.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
Hi tweed nope but when I saw it came in front of me it just appeared as it was walking through dimensions. I can tell it had no eyes or anything. Yeah by cloud I mean the color of the clouds that kind of white plus with it being shiny but was bold as in it was a soild color that you can't seethrough it like most ghost/spiritual things. From memory I was 12/13
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
Hi again Sheld, just thought of a question. Did you guys get the feeling this being knew you were there? Did it acknowledge you? Were you guys in a position to be visible to it?
Ok, that's more than one question lol.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-30)
Sheld, thanks for the extra details. It's interesting that it didn't make a sound on the ground, even though it appeared to be walking on gravel. Really cool you remember it so clearly. My encounter with a glowing figure happened when I was super young so my memory of it isn't as vivid. It's always great reading other experiences which describe the same details I vaguely recall.
I read in one of your other comments you said it reminded you of a cloud. That's more or less what I remember, sort of like glowing mist. Seems like these entities really get around lol.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Hi tweed my one was more of a average size body shape the deatail of it walking was like amazing I saw its legs move on the gravel path but didn't made the sound. Was moving between slow-fast just happened so fast. Still clear as a day in my mind. Yeah lol I didn't knew I got comments until I recently remembered the site again...
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-28)
LOL! Just love the random belated replies of YGS! 😆

Sheld, thanks for reminding about your experience. I'm adding it to my faves because I have a fascination with these lanky glowing entities and found your encounter very interesting. The silence of the location makes it all the more intriguing. 😊
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-28)
[at] tweed yeah there wasn't even a breeze. The atmosphere was more like earthquake weather. (before quake everything is calm no sounds of birds etc)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Sheld and welcome.

I agree with Mack, it's great to get back up from your mates your not going crazy!

I saw something odd like this many years ago.
There's been a few stories on here describing similar entities. It's interesting you noticed the atmosphere was still and silent. Like all the wildlife either shut up or got out of dodge! Wow I wonder what this was.

Here's a couple similar encounters that may interest you.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21450

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22214

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22337

Thanks for sharing.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Sheild999 - thanks for sharing your experience. It's great that this apparition was seen by more than 1 witness. Did you get any sort of vibe from it?
Regards
Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: