You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shadow On The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow On The Tree

 

I am new to this site and I love to read about real paranormal/ghost stories. One day I was searching about real ghost stories in India on internet and then I came to know about yourghoststories.com. So today, I am going to share my first story. First of all this is not a fiction and this incident happened to my aunt (mother's elder sister) when she was of young age and was living in the village. Now she is married and lives in a town with her family. I came to know about this incident from my mother. There is a river in our village where village people go for bath. The river is little distance from the home. The way to the river is little scary because there are so many trees both the side of the path and it looks like a deep forest. There is a cemetery also where Hindus burn the dead bodies and do the last ritual. One day while she was returning from the river alone she saw something unusual. She saw that someone is sitting on a big tree. At first, she ignored it but after sometime it started, moving and wandering from one tree to another just like a monkey. She came to know that it was neither a human being nor any kind of animal because it was looking like fog in a human shape. All this happened in broad day light. She started shivering and ran to home. After returning home, she told everyone about the incident but no one believed. She got high fever for some days. After that, nothing had happened again but this incident scared her to the hell. I know this is not very scary but this is a true story, which was told me by my mother otherwise I do not believe anyone. Can anyone please tell me what was it?

Other hauntings by vikas630

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vikas630, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nalchen (9 stories) (58 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-10)
Vikas,

Nice story bud. With what I have heard from my mum (she is from south india) is that it is a ghost and usually very common in villages. It so happens that these cause sever physical and mental damage to the person that even after it leaves the person, the after effects would be very disturbing (they'll die soon, suffer financial loss)...

Maybe superstitious, but that what I have heard when I was a kid.
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
Vikas, I don't know but wouldn't rule a monkey out as a possibility. 😊
vikas630 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
[at]Tweed
Do you think that it was a spirit of a dead monkey?
Thanks for your opinion.:)
vikas630 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-06)
[at]Jester

Hi, Jester which Indian state do you belong to?
Thanks for your comment.:)
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Vikas,

I'm also from Eastern India. So, my hunch was correct.
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hi Vikas,

If this happened to me I'd think it was some nature spirit, curious about who was on the path. Or maybe a monkey ghost. I'm sorry she was so spooked though.
vikas630 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hi Mack, I am from eastern India. Thank you for reading my story. My aunt at that time terrified with fear and she thought that she must have seen some ghost and at home my mom thought that she must have seen something unusual because it was like a deep forest so chances are she had encountered with something. What I think is it was must be a spirit of animal who was dead in that forest because according to my aunt it was sitting on the tree. Thanks again.
jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
[at] MackNorton,

Yes, it was spirit / ghost. In broad daylight under blazing sun. Yes. In my part of India very common in deep countryside. People avoid going out in the noon time.

These things sometime lure their victims to unsavory ends or just latch on to them to bring untold miseries.

These reports are decreasing though due to increased population densities, as patches of wilderness, meadows and swamps in countryside are vanishing at a rapid rate.

[at] Vikas630,

Good story. Which part of India are you from?
I heard a similar encounter from my late grandma.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hi Vikas630

Thanks for sharing this story. You've come to the right place! Can you please answer some questions that might help us better understand.

What did your Auntie think she saw that day?

What does your Mother think her sister saw? Do they have any opinions / ideas / theories?

What do you think it was?

Sounds to me like it was some kind of spirit / ghost. Do any other people have any idea what it was that she saw that day?

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: