You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Of The Devil

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Of The Devil

 

I am going to tell you about a very strange experience I had about twenty two years back. I was at my maternal place and was watching a movie along with my cousin sister. After watching the movie we went to sleep in the room above. Now let me tell you about the history of this room. People used to tell this room was haunted and many people in my mother's household have experienced the same thing in this room.

We decided to sleep in the room to check out the reality, but let me tell you my cousin sister never experienced anything wrong in the room. Now I regret I did such a huge mistake. Suddenly I woke up and saw a shadow of a tall man with a horn on his head on the wall in front. I got scared badly and wanted to scream loudly, but I felt like my voice had been silenced in my body and found myself helpless. I thought I would stop breathing any moment when it suddenly disappeared into the wall and the electric supply of the house disappeared. I came running down madly and have never told anyone about this incident until now.

I decided to test nature and its forces, but now have decided not to play with it ever in life. Would be thankful to those who share their views on the story. This incident has traumatized me until now very badly and has left it's effect on my mind. Still I cannot understand what really took place in that room that day. But I still wonder why my cousin sister never felt anything amiss in the room or anything strange, while I experienced a situation near to death in that room.

Other hauntings by Amchi1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amchi1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
I did not need to know who uses your computer Travis. I just thought I would mention it.
ᕕ (°_°) ᕗ

Yup, no rules broken. I think the more merrier.

Cheers,
*⁠⁠0⁠/*
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
[at] valkricry, you are right that stronger memories, especially ones with a lot of emotion attached, do stick with us. Most memories get lost in the shuffle of new memories, including the new memories themselves. There is some fascinating neuropsychology research on this. There is also some interesting research on how to manipulate memories by retrieving them. Memories are complex, so I would much rather read an experience someone just had, or if from their past, read whatever they wrote about it at the time.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
Just aside note, RC. I vividly remember things from when I was 5, and that's a lot longer than 22 years ago. I think it depends on how emotional the event was (very traumatic/happy). Ironically, I lost my son 22 years ago, yesterday, and that day is like lasered into my brain, every last detail. But following days are all blurry. The significant stuff is still there, but details... Not so much. But the event itself... Ok I'm going to sush about that. But everyone is a bit different I suppose.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
That time I was sixteen years old and my cousin sister 12 years. It was like a goat's horn. People used to say it was haunted as everyone who went to that room used to have the strange feeling of being watched in an angry manner and experienced a strange atmosphere there as it can be in cemetery. Later on that room was closed forever after some years. I want to clarify that when I saw the shadow, the electricity went off. Me and my cousin sister decided to sleep in that room despite people's warning just to know the truth. But the strange and unexplainable thing is that my cousin sister never experienced anything wrong in that room, while I saw the devil's shadow in that room.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
 
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
[at] KenS80. That's me, my mom, my sister and a friend that hangs out here some times. I don't think we're breaking any rules and don't care if we have to say who we are. 😊
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (59 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
When they spoke of the upper room being haunted by the same thing you encountered why would they let anyone sleep in that room especially having enough physical/ mental powers to turn off all power in the house. So, it had only 1 horn, was it a spike like horn strait up or was it a somewhat circular horn like a goat. Was this horn on top or a freaky side mount. Were you sleeping with the lights on so when it walked through the wall that's when you knew the power went out. Did you ask permission to sleep in the haunted room. You decided to test natures forces. What were the elders of this home thinking and how old was your cousin sister. Amchi please write you stories down and proof read them, I have to, and I still make mistakes. Thanks for sharing
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
Fascinating experience. Thank you for sharing an experience of your own, Amchi.

Twenty two years ago is rather too long for us to remember any significant information. It is just how memory works.
KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
How many ID's do you have Travis. I've noticed your IP address pops up on my firewall for yours and 2 other ID's. I will look into more later, but so far you have those 2 sharing the same IP addresses as you. I won't say their names as I don't want to disclose anything that is not public. Knowledge.

All that aside, Amchi this is all a bit spooky and perhaps a priest or religious person according to your faith should visit and cleanse as thoroughly as possible.

A few people seem to think that a house cleansing can also bring the house back in good form.

Toodles old chap and certainly write a follow up on this.
(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)
Spooderman (1 stories) (12 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
Hi!

I just want to say that it was either sleep paralysis like [at] lady_glow is stating or that the room was actually haunted. If it was haunted, I'm guessing it was just the being who decided to haunt certain people in the family. Nobody really has an answer to why they do such things but I've had instances where people experienced unexplainable events while the others remained totally unaware. So my advice will be to always pray and stay as much clean as possible. Please don't take my advice offensively, but it's just that demons are often attracted to impurities. Stay safe out there.
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-07)
I was badly scared to death that's why I forgot to wake up my cousin sister, so sorry for it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-06)
Hi Amchi.

-Sigh!- As much as I'm glad to read something that has happened to you, I still think that you have missed the point and are providing too little information in your narrative.

When I asked "Did all your relatives see the same thing?", I was referring to your following statement:

"People used to tell this room was haunted and many people in my mother's household have experienced the same thing in this room."

What I mean is if any other of the inhabitants of the house had seen the same shadow you saw.
Also, I'm curious about the function of the room, - was it a bedroom? Was it used regularly?

" it suddenly disappeared into the wall and the electric supply of the house disappeared."

I don't know if by this you mean that there was a power outage, or if all the wiring, electrical panels, and other electrical elements disappeared of the house.
I want to think you mean the former, but don't want to make the wrong assumption.

I don't understand your reluctance to talk to your relatives about your experience if, after all, they were well aware of their house being haunted. In my opinion, they'd be in a better position to understand what happened to you and offer their help, than any of the members of this forum is ever going to do.

"I still wonder why my cousin sister never felt anything amiss in the room or anything strange, while I experienced a situation near to death in that room."

As I said before, and lacking any more information, this could have been sleep paralysis.

As Rajine, I too wonder if the paranormal activity ever spilled to the rest of the house.

Lastly, as obnoxious as TravisCannabis' comment may seem, I have to agree with him... You let your cousin down by leaving the room without waking her up.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
-1
4 months ago (2024-01-06)
Oops! Sorry, I mean one horned devil!👿 Don't trust autocorrect 😜
Amchi1986 (18 stories) (71 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-06)
No I actually saw the shadow. Only me and my cousin sister were sleeping in that room.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2024-01-06)
I suppose when you tempt fate, it'll deliver. But why would only one room have supernatural activity and not the rest of the house? If you can share the experiences of your other family members it would be great.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
4 months ago (2024-01-06)
It might have been sleep paralysis.
Did all your relatives see the same thing?
I think you are exaggerating the event... Even if it was paranormal doesn't sound like a life threatening experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: