You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Hangry Ghost, Strange Sounds And The Shadow Hand

Real Ghost Stories

The Hangry Ghost, Strange Sounds And The Shadow Hand

 

These first couple of events happened a few years ago at work. I should have included them in my previous story about the hospital, but they were so minor I forgot about them until a few days ago so I figured I'd include them here to help pad out the character limit for the actual story at the end.

The first one happened when I was having a rather rough night; running the moment I got in the door. When I finally got a chance to sit down I went up to the second floor waiting area in the front lobby. I hadn't been sitting there long when I heard a soft *thud* from the nearby vending machine. Curious, I got up to look and found that a Snickers bar had randomly fell into the retrieval area. I opened the door and took out the bar with a little trepidation. Feeling a little uncomfortable about the whole thing I left the bar on the counter in front of the coffee maker, but ended up coming back later and grabbing it because I wanted chocolate.

The second happened about 3 times over the years.

When I was cleaning a room, either as a discharge or waxing the floor, the callbox on the wall would suddenly start spitting static and emitting random tones like it was shorting out or something, only for it to stop a minute or two later. I don't recall if there was any voices or anything of note as I really didn't pay it much attention each time it happened since this hospital was pretty much thrown together in less than a year so things going screwy wasn't all that unexpected. It was just really odd for it happen so randomly in different rooms at different times and then stop like nothing was wrong.

The last incident happened a couple of months ago at home on my night off.

It was some time between 4:30am and 5am when I was about to go to bed. I wanted to get something to eat before bed because I was getting hungry and if I slept while hungry I'd wake with a bad headache. Going to the kitchen to see what there was to eat (a bowl of leftover potato soup), I turned around to face the back wall of house with a window directly in front of me, and sliding glass door to the right of that, both facing the back yard. That's when I noticed something moving on the floor.

It was a shadow swaying back and forth in the light cast through the back door and under the dining room table. It took a few seconds for my brain to process what it was I thought I was seeing. It looked like the shadow of a hand swaying in the breeze like you would do if you stuck your arm out of a car window and let it flow with the air current. At first I didn't want to believe it was actually the shadow of a hand I was seeing until it turned for a few seconds into a flowing sort of waving pattern where I could see all the fingers spread out before it turned back to it's original position. It was a small hand like a woman's and moving elegantly. It was also just the hand and wrist, nothing more.

Surprisingly I wasn't overly freaked out by this, just a bit intrigued. Looking under the table to see if I could see the source (there was nothing, naturally) and also noting that there was an unusual amount of light coming through the windows the entire time this was going on. We do have a light in the back corner of the yard up on a power pole, but even after the city changed the crap bulb that was in it it still barely illuminated the corner it's in. At first I thought it might have been moonlight from a full moon, but then I realized that around that time in the morning the moon would have been behind the tree line of our wooded hill as our house faces East so the moon would have been close to setting by then. It was also odd that the light had a particular green color to it as well.

This whole encounter must've went on for around 10-15 minutes or so, when I kind of got bored and just decided to focus on eating. I turned facing towards the front of the house into the kitchen, finished the soup and deposited the bowl onto the counter by the sink and by the time I turned around again the shadow was gone and the normal amount of ambient light was coming through the window.

I don't know if this thing was trying to entice me to come over and open the door or something, but I guess it couldn't hold a candle to the allure of home made potato soup. That being said, not 2 minutes after the show was over I was just about to head back to my room when there was a loud *crack* sounding against the wall between the window and door like a rock had been thrown against the siding. Scared the crap out of my poor cat Luna who jumped and stared in that direction.

Also to note, while I was looking for a source for the shadow I noticed that, for it to be in the position it was in, whatever was casting had to have been upside down. Which was what I thought was the weirdest part. I didn't go anywhere near the door the whole time either. I may have been intrigued, but I wasn't going to be stupid about it.

Other hauntings by 8-bitDemigod

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 8-bitDemigod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-02)
It's perfectly fine to be skeptical, but I believe that if people who have psychic or supernatural abilities, they will be able to tell you stuff without you having to say anything.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-01)
8-bit, Very interesting story here. I work in a senior health care facility, & years before that, I worked in several hospitals.
I have, myself, had experiences in hospitals/nursing homes. Therefore, it's entirely possible that you 'did' experience something.
As far as what happened in your house 'that' is open for debate here.
You may, in fact, have untapped psychic abilities. I am slightly psychic, also. People like us tend to be a beacon to earthbound spirits that 'want' to communicate a message, or, simply just tell their story to an understanding person. In other words. They may have something bothering them that 'they' want to get out of their system before they move on.
I'm just giving you some food for thought. I have no clear-cut answers as nobody does on this site. I, still hope this was helpful to you even in a small way!

All the Best! 😁 😁
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-31)
Rajine

I wish I knew someone like that, but most of the people I know are full on skeptics.

Part of me wants to visit a psychic. I know of two of them in my area, but even I'm a bit skeptical of that.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-30)
Hi 8-bitDemigod

Maybe you can try talking to someone who has knowledge of the supernatural, that's if you know anyone like that.
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-29)
Rajine

Something tells me it won't be a game of patty cake.

I don't know if it followed me from work. Wish I knew a way to find out.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-29)
It's hard to imagine what would have happened if you did follow that hand, do you think whatever it was could have followed you from work?
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-29)
CantunSEEit74

The hand was a small woman's hand and it seemed like it was moving playfully more than anything. Almost like it was dancing. We don't have a crawl space.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (59 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-01-29)
8-bit did you ever feel something might have been trying to say I am here please help me. Under this table is it the crawl space under the home. Was it a large male hand. Something happening outside also, maybe a friend in spirit trying to help the hand. Paranormal hunters are free if you have no equipment. I would be under that dining area looking around.
Did you live in the same house when candy bar fell. Maybe hand knew you were hungry and could speaker noise be related to hand. Very interesting and thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: