You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone's At My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Someone's At My Window

 

Everyone knows that boarding schools, colleges, or universities are mostly built at the most secluded part of the town to avoid students from easily leaving the premises. My ghostly encounters happened most when I was studying for my diploma in an institution located right smack in the middle of the woods (this is exaggerated slightly but it felt that way to me).

I stayed in a room occupied by 3 other girls. We hit it off instantly as we all had common interests. Let me give you an idea of how my room looked. You would need to go up to the first floor and walk all the way to the end. My room was the last room on the west wing of the first floor. As you open the door and walk into the room, you'll be facing 4 jalousie windows and underneath it would be our desks; one for each. Just before the desks would be 4 small cupboards; 2 for each side. Then on your left and right would be 2 bunk beds; 1 for each side.

I slept on the left side of the room with my roommate A. Since I was the smallest in the room I took the upper deck. The first week of my first semester was tiring but exciting. I met a lot of new people during orientation week. But it was the second week that made me realize we weren't the only beings there to stay.

I remembered that it was a Sunday and we were all preparing for our first class. M switched on her laptop and laid on the floor facing my desk. T switched hers on too but remained in her bunk while facing M. A switched on her E-book but faced the mirror that reflected to the window. I on the other hand wanted to give my desk a go. I switched on my laptop, opened the curtains to get some air in, sat down and looked at my schedule for today so that I could prepare early.

We didn't realize how quickly time flew by that it was already 2.30am. I asked the rest if they were ready for bed but they replied with "not yet". My thoughts were "Well at least I wouldn't be up alone". I continued doing what I did and suddenly I heard T say "I think I'm going to sleep now" and she just shut the laptop and turned to the wall. A few seconds later A said "I agree with T, we should all sleep". I looked back and both A and T were facing the wall. M just shook her head and said "So much for staying up" and snickered.

A few minutes later, M asked "E, are you going to bed anytime soon? Cause..." She stopped and I turned to her to get her to finish her question. "What, M? Why do you look shocked?" I asked her. She just shrugged it off and said "Umm... Yeah... I'm tired. I think we should sleep. By the way, E, could you just quickly shut the blinds cause it's starting to get a little too cold." I was a bit weirded out by the request because it was quite warm in the room.

Thinking nothing of it I decided to sleep too. And just as I was about to switch off my laptop I realized that it was 3am and suddenly I felt there were eyes on me from the other side of the window. I froze for about 2 minutes and just as I looked out the window I saw a dark figure standing right outside my window looking straight at us. I quickly shut the blinds and went straight up to my upper bunk.

I was overwhelmed... I didn't know what to do but to stay under the covers. The only question that I kept asking myself that night was "how could someone be standing outside our window when clearly we were on the first floor?"

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NanaSpills, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-21)
Hi Nanaspills

Thanks for sharing. This figure could have been a spirit, however, my first thought would have to be, as others have suggested; a pervert with a ladder.

Often when we experience something inexplicable, and / or frightening, it's easy to leap to a "paranormal" explanation. However, we should always attempt to first explore the possible ordinary and mundane explanations first.

Once we have thoroughly examined those and they CAN be ruled out, then we need to then look at "other" explanations. There's a very GOOD chance it was "flesh and blood" person, as this behavior is, unfortunately, quite common.

IF it was a spirit / ghost, then it's behavior appeared also to be that of a pervert. So maybe either way, what you encountered was a pervert; with the scenarios of either a living one one on a ladder, or a deceased one hovering outside your window.

If it's motive was to upset and frighten you, then mission accomplished, unfortunately.

Regards

Mack
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
NanaSpills - I agree that your experience was creepy indeed!

Was there any place where a ladder could have been placed outside?

I'm not trashing what happened to you and your roommates but my sister went through a similar experience and it did actually turn out to be a peeping Tom!

Perhaps what happened to you was different. A ghostly apparition usually leaves very specific vibes, at least from my experience.

I would like to hear your comments on this.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-20)
Never underestimate the lengths a Peeping Tom would go.
Unless you gals saw this dark figure more than once and you investigated if it wasn't a reflection from the surrounding area and/or tried to find a physical explanation it is hard to say if the figure was a person or something else.

We know how easy it is to "invent mystery where only atmosphere exists." (Kate Morton, "The Forgotten Garden")

Thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: