You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Man

 

I am a 31 year old male living in a seaside town called Weymouth. I was about 5 or 6ish at the time, living with just my mum in a one bedroom flat. I slept in the bedroom and my mum slept on a bed that was in the living room. One night I was asleep when I awoke to find a dark figure looking over me. I pretended to be asleep but I could see this figure quite clearly.

He was completely black, almost like a silhouette. He had red eyes and in some way I was to afraid to move but all he did was look at me. This lasted for a minute or two and then he just disappeared like that, with no sound, no movement. I got up and ran to my mother and said there was a stranger in my bedroom. She did not believe me and said it was a bad dream and came back with me to my bedroom and put me back to bed.

I know this was no dream, it was too real and even now it is as clear as if it happened yesterday.

I'm not sure how long after that incident, a few weeks I think, I was playing outside the flat when I heard someone call my name in a very strange voice. To tell you the truth I could not say if it was male or female, but the source came from right above me. And there was no one else around.

I could put this down to a bad dream or some other explanation, but too many people have had almost the same experience as this.

So I'm now going to research this and if anyone has had the same experience, please do not be afraid to email me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Davron, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Hi Riaan, a little word of advice - put your email address in your profile. Add something about yourself; I take it you are into ghost hunting, or do you claim to be psychic? You are not likely to get many replies from this post as it was published over 5 years ago, and the OP never replied once.

Best wishes,
Fergie
Riaan (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Here is an email address that I have created specifically for those who wish to contact me regarding the supernatural. I can not guarantee that I will be able to respond to every mail, but I will try. I am located in Johannesburg in South-Africa. Many people ask, so I am giving it up front. And here is my email:ghostbusterpi [at] gmail.com I look forward to your mails 😉
Riaan (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Hello Davron. I am an exorcist and have come to deal with such entities quite often. Quite a few times I have had spirits follow me home after a house cleaning or exorcism. Once you take away that to which these things have been latched onto for so long, they will sometimes latch unto something else. So, I have seen and encountered supernatural beings in many shapes and forms. As a child I was attacked and tormented by these beings. They had no intention of stopping, so I had very little choice about the matter: Fight back or die. I chose to fight back. Just remember this: As powerful as these beings are, there is another Being, much more powerful than all of them put together, and we stand under His protection.
DaBadMan (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
deadblowfighters [at] yahoo.com
I don't know if this system will let you mail me by clicking my name so here is my email
DaBadMan (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
I consider him my enemy of ages. He began his intrusions when I was a young boy, like many of you, but he followed me well into adulthood. He would frequent my homes, hotels, wooded areas, workplaces, etc. The last time I laid eyes on him was in 2006. The last time he was near (by feel) was aprox. 20+ days ago. He does not come close very often anymore although the longest he was ever away from me while I was awake was nearly 1½ years. I found out later that during this time he was frequenting my eldest niece, then aged 4 - 5. Of course neither her mother nor I had ever spoken of him since before she was born, let alone to her. And of course when she first spoke of him she called him "The Dark Man". I do know many things about him, however not near as much as I would like to know. He is an enemy to me. He is a coward in my eyes. He travels from place to place collecting fear and confidence from the young and the weak and the affected. Never does he stand. Intimidation and surprise seem his only weapons. For me those blades have dulled long ago but more tender flesh is easily wounded still. I would like to make a map of his visits complete with dates and times as best as can be recalled. Also, anyone who is still visited or had been visited by him for an extended period please mail me. All who have been visted, even once, please contact me.
DBM
k_davis96 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
When I was about 4, every single night I would throw a fit when I had to go to sleep and my mom would always ask me why. I would reply to her "the dark man comes."
balleza1337 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
I would like any info on the dark man, anything at all. I to have seen the dark man but it was different. His eyes were yellow and I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. At that moment time stood still and even though it was seconds it felt like we locked eyes for eternity. But it was painful for what seemed like both of us. He then slammed the door and I ran after him he was gone. I always thought I was crazy and no one ever believed me. As crazy as it sounds I was changed on that day how I can't explain it but I have been looking for info on the dark man ever since. Balleza1337 [at] gmail.com, email me.
digital_vinyl (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-12)
I can't believe I found this post I am having nightmares about the dark man constantly I've also seen him watching me sleep at night and various times throughout the day... Like this story I have also heard a very strange voice that I can't really describe - I can never remember what it says but it usually happens in my bedroom and sounds like it is coming from right beside my left ear and I usually feel paralyzed while it talks... Recently I have had objects thrown at me and feel like I'm under attack I don't know if that's because of the dark man or something else. Knives have gone missing from the kitchen, constant nightmares, voices, footsteps, very loud banging sounds- sometimes it sounds like my furniture is being re arranged and I'm not the only one who has seen or heard these things in my house I don't think its the house as I've always been very sensitive to other energies and I've always had encounters and experiences for as long as I can remember, but this is the first time I've ever felt threatened and truly scared if anyone knows anything more about this please please contact me I've already cleansed and have charms up for protection, and its helped a bit, but the effects always seem to be temporary... I just want this to stop
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
jackalking: Yeah, I've been visited by the Hat Man, too... I never saw his eyes... And I never actually "saw" him with my physical eyes, which is even spookier... My visits began years before I ever even heard of Shadow People...

I have to be honest, sometimes I think he's just an image produced by my mind, but there's so many others with similar experiences it's really hard to be skeptical... I hate the fact that I doubt myself and until someone can prove otherwise, I consider my experiences paranormal... I still won't write an account about it on here though, because I just don't know 😆 😕
jackalking (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
I have been visited by this brooding entity too, and am currently compiling research on this phenomena as well. This entity made his presence known to me in my dreams for three solid nights, I remember the dreams so vividly even to this day that I painted him on canvas, I captured his likeness exactly as he appeared to me. I am curious to see how many would recognize him. He wears a wide fedora, long overcoat, stands about 6' 5", and has red eyes. I had the distinct feeling that if he were to open his coat I would see human souls under his coat. Other things have happened in my home that defy logic and have been witnessed by other people as well.
kingjames2332 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
I was unable to find how to e-mail you personally, my e-mail is jamesking777 [at] hotmail.com. Please respond personally and as soon as you read this.
kingjames2332 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
I need you (Davron) to respond back. I've seen the dark man many times. Once he crossed my hallway into a room that the door was closed, as though the door wasn't even there. Usually, he would be crouched in my open closet looking at me with those eyes. The closet would be open because if it was closed scratching would happen. Top to bottom, back and forth along the whole door. Whenever I saw him in the dark closet his body stood out darker than the shadow, as though he trapped light instead of reflect it. I was five or six at the time. Well grounded, without childhood illusions. Just recently, I'm now 25, my mom reveals to me that often she would hear a whisper "Check the child". I'm convinced the nights she heard this, were the same nights I would see him. How I know this, is I went to a basketball game one night when I was six to see the Harlem Globetrotters, I had a basketball that was signed by many of the players and my mom took it so I would go to sleep. She heard the voice as she left my room, that same night I saw him cross the hallway. The last time I saw him. Also, she says the voice was indistinguishable, neither male or female. Please respond, I need to hear what you have learned. Your post was years ago, I only hope you still check it.
Twinmold (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
I have also seen this apparition. He seemed to had been wearing an overcoat and a fedora-shaped hate to me. Just like you, I could not move, as I was fixed staring at his eyes for what seemed like a lifetime, but was nothing more than a few seconds to a few minutes. Even worse, however, would be the fact that he was standing directly under a hallway light, so he gave off no light reflection, being as black as the void of a black hole itself, which isn't far off a metaphore as I almost felt like he was ready to suck me in, but he himself made no movements. His nature seems to neutral, but also is a sign of something bad to come. It wasn't long after seeing him that my parents actually got divorced. I know a few people who have seem him, too. My sister and my friend Nick have both seem this figure of the night. My friend had seen the figure a few years before my friend and I met. Coincidence that he and I would have seen the same thing and later to come together for the same idea over the Internet? Maybe.

I, personally, have nicknamed this figure "The Traveler", as he seems to actually travel from a different dimension altogether. I doubt if he is a spirit of this world, but not something from another dimension that we merely cannot see the features of other than the red eyes. But that doesn't mean he isn't a spirit. Until we can actually figure out with direct communication to him what and who he is, it will remain a mystery. Over, compared to a lot of the "fake" paranormal phenomena out there, this is one of those that seems to first appear to people before they even communicate to people outside there family, so it being something of the imagination is very unlikely, especially in this large percentage of people who actually have seen it. Most forget who he is as the memory fades into the void of this person, but he even so continues to make appearances. He is, to people who have seen him, more real than any god to a devote religious person or Santa Clause to a child.

Let us continue to not search for him, as that is when you least expect to see him and most likely time you will. It's the one reason I haven't seen him in about 14 years, but just like most of what I see, he is more clearly visible in our memories than HDTVs can ever be.
Gammo (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
I am so glad that I came across this for years I have thought I was going mad, but I too seen this... Also when I was very young, I think I was 4 years old. I was staying over at my cousins, me and her were sleeping in my aunts big double bed, and in the early hours of the night we both woke up at the same time and saw a hugggggeeee man standing in the doorway, he was easily 7 foot as he filled the whole doorframe. I couldn't make out any details he just looked like a shadow but his eyes were red and glowing, we hid under the covers and waited for him to go, a few times we looked up and he was still there but then he vanished but we didn't see him leave... He just disappeared. To this day me and her still talk about it, have asked our mums were they playing a trick on us etc... We still don't know what is was but it was just watching us... Creepy
Capn (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Did something happen shortly after the sighting? Little is known about shadow people other than they usually dissapear quickly after being sighted, 1 thing I know for sure is there is a difference between a shadow person (possibly what you seen) and shadow people (which are basically a shadow of no one seen then dissapears) there is other lore that suggests it may have not been a person at all, I have some stories I will tell soon as I am new to this site
TheDarkMan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Honestly, every kid has an experience where they see the Boogey man, or a shadowy figure, I've had my fair few as a child, but childrens minds are very active, and it could of just been your mind playing tricks on you. But I have no explanation for the voice.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
I had an experience of a shadow man with red eyes. I do believe that they are sinister beings.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
T^he way you described this Dark figure sure gave me goosebumps. Reminded me of what I saw when AI was a kid. Thanks for sharring this interestin story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I do not know much about shadow people, but it seems like the red eyes go along with the description. I am thinking the reflective properties within them is what makes them red, like when you are driving down the road and a raccoon runs out in the road, if he looks at you, sometimes the eyes glow yellow, sometimes red. All that really does is point to the thought that they are manifestations of LIVE persons.
But I have not read anything, yet, that connects a voice phenomenon going along with the sight of a shadow person. Is it possible that the two experiences were not related?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Do you have an any information as to the history of where you are living? Have you seen this 'shadow' any more? Have you heard any more voices calling? Did any of these things happen before moving in to this flat?

God Bless!
Kii (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Maybe he's friendly... Lol! Yeah, I hope I never get one of those either. Red eyes are scary.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Ohhh!, creepy!, yes, me too!, my grandma had that same experience and what she remembers the most is the red eyes... 😭
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Yea lots of people report seeing black figures that are darker than dark. The red eyes seems to be recurrent too. I hope I never see one of those.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: